Seasons and maps / mods compatibility

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
aklein

Re: Seasons and maps / mods compatibility

Post by aklein »

I would strongly suggest getting Lonestar V2 from the only two official locations that I know the author has posted it. those would be https://www.pc-sg.uk/resources/lonestar-v2.309/ or http://americaneaglesmodding.com/index. ... ;down=1545

Here is a screenshot from AEM showing no snow in the storage shed by the pigs and in the large shed in the background.
http://americaneaglesmodding.com/downlo ... 3_35_3.png
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Ok well then I'll update the info again and put it back in
Rivige

Post by Rivige »

I deleted my save and lonestar 2.0 and redownloaded from pc-sg. Unless someone fixed it in the last two days it doesn't have snow mask either.
Stoatie

Post by Stoatie »

I've just had a quick look at the Lonestar V2 files, and it's using the old SeasonsSnowMask_density.grle from the Github version of seasons. So yes it does have a snow mask but no it won't work with the release version.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Stoatie wrote:I've just had a quick look at the Lonestar V2 files, and it's using the old SeasonsSnowMask_density.grle from the Github version of seasons. So yes it does have a snow mask but no it won't work with the release version.
Ah, I didn't know that there was a difference in pre-release snow mask and post release snow mask. That would explain why more maps did not support the snow mask at the outset. I figured if folks where working on a map and knew it would be out when seasons was coming out they would try to get in and prep their maps for it but if the pre-release snow mask stuff does not work with post release then that explains it.

would it be a simple file substitute to swap things in or would it have to be a total redo of the mask?
Stoatie

Post by Stoatie »

The mask can be renamed to seasons_density, but I've found it easier to delete all the old code from the map01.i3d and start from fresh with the new code from the info for map makers page. https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... map-makers.
To find all the old code search for seasons in notepad++, there should be 3 instances of it.
Questionnaire

Post by Questionnaire »

Congrats on winning!!
Playing FS 15-17-19-22 on a Razer Blade.

PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
AMD Radeon RX 590 "Fatboy"
Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8) DDR4-3200
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Samsung 870 QVO Plus 1TB
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB M.2

In-game username:Questionnaire
Discord: russian_man_99
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^ya congrats on winning, now for that dlc proposal :this:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Your mod looks amazing and after reading the manual it sounds like something I would enjoy. I am a console player and was wondering if this mod is compatible with the consoles. I know there are different rules for the console mods. Just curious. Thanks. Congrats on the win!
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Bsm just released old stream seasons update today. Does anyone know if they did custom weather or should I use the German geo mod?
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

reallogger wrote:
uofmtigertim wrote:Love the Seasons mod. The only thing I would like to see is an option to disable the repair of vehicles. It is a neat feature but for a solo player like myself with a large farm and a lot of equipment the repairing becomes tedious.
You might find that using the working toolbox mod makes the maintenace of machinery much easier. Put it in your pickup and drive around doing maintenance twice a year. :)
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... d_id=78180
Thanks for that tip!

I play w/ Seasons on Sosnovka, loving it so far but on occassion have had my owned, planted fields disappear into harvested once the next day starts. Using the ChoppedStraw, realClock, manualUnloading, and GameExtension mods. No errors in log whatsoever (no, I am not going to bother posting a log which shows no errors like a beginner without clue, thank you).
MC, aka Master of Cereals
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

wildberry wrote: Thanks for that tip!

I play w/ Seasons on Sosnovka, loving it so far but on occassion have had my owned, planted fields disappear into harvested once the next day starts. Using the ChoppedStraw, realClock, manualUnloading, and GameExtension mods. No errors in log whatsoever (no, I am not going to bother posting a log which shows no errors like a beginner without clue, thank you).
If planted crops don't grow, but go directly to harvested stage the next day it means you have not been planting according to the planting calendar. The calendar is available by pressing Alt + S.
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

Great Mod! Thank you for it! Just read through the manual (should have done that before I started with the mod) and it answered my questions! Taking care of the animals in winter is tricky!

One question I did not find the answer to, and maybe it isn't affected. Rain in the buildings? I was hoping this was stopped, but it still looks like it rains in the buildings.

Thank you,
PigPen.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

benztechnc wrote:Great Mod! Thank you for it! Just read through the manual (should have done that before I started with the mod) and it answered my questions! Taking care of the animals in winter is tricky!

One question I did not find the answer to, and maybe it isn't affected. Rain in the buildings? I was hoping this was stopped, but it still looks like it rains in the buildings.

Thank you,
PigPen.
There is nothing we can do about it. The rain graphic overlay is part of the game engine and cannot be changed with scripts. This can only be fixed by Giants.
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

theSeb,

Thank you for the quick reply, and I completely understand. It's great that you the Modder takes pride in your work and are willing to answer questions here for us. It is much appreciated.

So I wrapped some silage bales, and sold them immediately. I understand why this resulted in 0 income, as they weren't fully ready, and there fore were treated as grass bales, which are worthless. Lesson learned. RTFM.

However, I started with Follow Me mowing, tedding, raking, and baling. The amount of hay bales I am receiving are extremely low. Is this expected. Where I'd get 5 or 10, I'm getting 1. I have the time set to X1.

Thank you,
PigPen