Seasons and maps / mods compatibility

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
theSeb

Re: Seasons and maps / mods compatibility

Post by theSeb »

benztechnc wrote:theSeb,

Thank you for the quick reply, and I completely understand. It's great that you the Modder takes pride in your work and are willing to answer questions here for us. It is much appreciated.

So I wrapped some silage bales, and sold them immediately. I understand why this resulted in 0 income, as they weren't fully ready, and there fore were treated as grass bales, which are worthless. Lesson learned. RTFM.

However, I started with Follow Me mowing, tedding, raking, and baling. The amount of hay bales I am receiving are extremely low. Is this expected. Where I'd get 5 or 10, I'm getting 1. I have the time set to X1.

Thank you,
PigPen
We do not change the grass outputs in any way. What map and what baler are you using?
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I can cultivate at anytime and not have to wait for a temp, correct?
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

I was using a baler from the Baler mod pack that has been on the in game Mod Hub for a while. Perhaps it was just me, as I am using a different mower than I normally use, and didn't mow as much as I thought I did. I will keep an eye on it. I am on Lossberg.

Which brings me to another question. Please if my questions get to be annoying feel free to ignore them, as I am just learning.

The manual says to keep Hay and straw bales inside sheds or they will rot. Do the map supplied sheds on the map (such as the shed at the sheep on the Lossberg map) provide the adequate protection necassary, or do i need to use a particular shed? I am on my first day or summer, with 6 days left. My main concern is having enough Grass to make it through 6 days of winter when the time comes, as I plan to hay on the last day of summer. Feed that day, then store bales for the rest of winter and start of spring, until I can get my first cutting done.

This is really great having to actually think this stuff through and plan ahead. It has really added an extra fun dimension to the game! it's not just the same sow\harvest\sell\repeat.

theSeb wrote:
benztechnc wrote:theSeb,

Thank you for the quick reply, and I completely understand. It's great that you the Modder takes pride in your work and are willing to answer questions here for us. It is much appreciated.

So I wrapped some silage bales, and sold them immediately. I understand why this resulted in 0 income, as they weren't fully ready, and there fore were treated as grass bales, which are worthless. Lesson learned. RTFM.

However, I started with Follow Me mowing, tedding, raking, and baling. The amount of hay bales I am receiving are extremely low. Is this expected. Where I'd get 5 or 10, I'm getting 1. I have the time set to X1.

Thank you,
PigPen
We do not change the grass outputs in any way. What map and what baler are you using?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Smith Modding wrote:I can cultivate at anytime and not have to wait for a temp, correct?
As long as it's not freezing, then you can't do any ground work.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Ok thanks. Its 39 degrees i believe
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Guil wrote:As long as it's not freezing, then you can't do any ground work.
Double negation is always tricky ;)
Smith Modding wrote:I can cultivate at anytime and not have to wait for a temp, correct?
What Guil meant is that as long as the ground is not frozen you can to ground work. If the ground is frozen you cannot do ground work.
reallogger

Post by reallogger »

Smith Modding wrote:Ok thanks. Its 39 degrees i believe
Ground freezes at zero deg Celsius or 32 deg Fahrenheit. Anything below and the ground is frozen meaning you cannot do ground work.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

benztechnc wrote:I was using a baler from the Baler mod pack that has been on the in game Mod Hub for a while. Perhaps it was just me, as I am using a different mower than I normally use, and didn't mow as much as I thought I did. I will keep an eye on it. I am on Lossberg.

Which brings me to another question. Please if my questions get to be annoying feel free to ignore them, as I am just learning.

The manual says to keep Hay and straw bales inside sheds or they will rot. Do the map supplied sheds on the map (such as the shed at the sheep on the Lossberg map) provide the adequate protection necassary, or do i need to use a particular shed? I am on my first day or summer, with 6 days left. My main concern is having enough Grass to make it through 6 days of winter when the time comes, as I plan to hay on the last day of summer. Feed that day, then store bales for the rest of winter and start of spring, until I can get my first cutting done.

This is really great having to actually think this stuff through and plan ahead. It has really added an extra fun dimension to the game! it's not just the same sow\harvest\sell\repeat.
That really depends on the map maker and where they painted the seasons mask, but it should be any shed.
Guil

Post by Guil »

reallogger wrote:
Guil wrote:As long as it's not freezing, then you can't do any ground work.
Double negation is always tricky ;)
What Guil meant is that as long as the ground is not frozen you can to ground work. If the ground is frozen you cannot do ground work.
Bah. Well spotted lol.
benztechnc

Post by benztechnc »

reallogger wrote:
Smith Modding wrote:Ok thanks. Its 39 degrees i believe
Ground freezes at zero deg Celsius or 32 deg Fahrenheit. Anything below and the ground is frozen meaning you cannot do ground work.
So more RTFM and found that you can check the snow mask using ssAddSnow. Tried it out (after saving) and all CHECKED sheds in Lossberg are snow free. Which hopefully means my bales last a while.

Thank you,

PigPen
The-Jolly-Dodger

Post by The-Jolly-Dodger »

Not sure if its something I've done but does crop destruction not work with seasons? Ive tried deactivating crop destruction thinking it may have been built into the seasons mod but no dice. Still no tire tracks through my fields. :(
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

The-Jolly-Dodger wrote:Not sure if its something I've done but does crop destruction not work with seasons? Ive tried deactivating crop destruction thinking it may have been built into the seasons mod but no dice. Still no tire tracks through my fields. :(
Crop destruction works perfectly, but you must have the latest version of CD from mod hub. Don't forget the latest version is selective and only destroys crops >= growth state 3
The-Jolly-Dodger

ok thx. i must not have waited long enough.
cpalmer1134

Post by cpalmer1134 »

I would like if seasons came to the consoles.
The-Jolly-Dodger

theSeb wrote: Crop destruction works perfectly, but you must have the latest version of CD from mod hub. Don't forget the latest version is selective and only destroys crops >= growth state 3

Well I have the very latest version of CD installed. I waited until crops are in the harvest state, still wont work. So I uninstalled seasons mod, and presto! CD works perfectly. I don't have any other mods that alter growth stage or anything. It is a custom map, but like I said, CD works perfectly without seasons installed so I'm not really sure what the issue is...