BSM Massey Ferguson pack cultivator problem?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
TimmyTheSnail

BSM Massey Ferguson pack cultivator problem?

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

The MF pack from BSM is incredible and I'm so grateful they got it on consoles so fast as well. But the cultivator that comes in the pack requires 88 horsepower and I used the MF serie 3000 fully upgraded with 102hp and it can barely pull it along at 5mph when the top working speed of the cultivator is 10mph. I've tried it with the New Holland 8340 which has 125hp and even that can only go at 5mph. I also tried the smallest base game cultivator (Kverneland Qualidisc Farmer 3000) wich requires 90hp with the MF serie 3000 tractor @102hp and for some reason it can pull that fine at 10mph so how can't it pull the MF cultivator that requires 2 less horsepower? Is it a glitch or is it becasue the cultivator is wider or something? Any help much appreciated
fenixguy

Re: BSM Massey Ferguson pack cultivator problem?

Post by fenixguy »

Either the required HP in the shop is wrong, or the working speed of the mod is wrong. I noticed that too. They might've wanted to go with a bit of realism and lowered the working speed to 5 but didn't change it in the shop. I have no idea of the actual reason. I'm sure it'll get an update soon.

And yes, the pack is incredible. Finally we get some open-station tractors. I promptly traded my New Holland in yesterday for a Massey 4WD with a sun shade and front loader. Made money on the deal too!
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

fenixguy wrote:Either the required HP in the shop is wrong, or the working speed of the mod is wrong. I noticed that too. They might've wanted to go with a bit of realism and lowered the working speed to 5 but didn't change it in the shop. I have no idea of the actual reason. I'm sure it'll get an update soon.

And yes, the pack is incredible. Finally we get some open-station tractors. I promptly traded my New Holland in yesterday for a Massey 4WD with a sun shade and front loader. Made money on the deal too!
Yes I hope it does get fixed! Knowing BSM they'll soon correct it. And that sounds like a great setup!
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Hook it up to a quad track to see how fast it can work
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

redglasses wrote:Hook it up to a quad track to see how fast it can work
I actually tried that too but to the massive challenger and it got it up to the full 10mph with ease as you'd expect. I'm pretty sure the cultivator actually requires more that the 88hp that's stated in the shop
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Ya you could slowly make your way down the tractor line, then see what is the smallest tractor that can pull it at speed
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

redglasses wrote:Ya you could slowly make your way down the tractor line, then see what is the smallest tractor that can pull it at speed
Yeah I thought about that but I did really want to use the new Massey's :(
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

TimmyTheSnail wrote:The MF pack from BSM is incredible and I'm so grateful they got it on consoles so fast as well. But the cultivator that comes in the pack requires 88 horsepower and I used the MF serie 3000 fully upgraded with 102hp and it can barely pull it along at 5mph when the top working speed of the cultivator is 10mph. I've tried it with the New Holland 8340 which has 125hp and even that can only go at 5mph. I also tried the smallest base game cultivator (Kverneland Qualidisc Farmer 3000) wich requires 90hp with the MF serie 3000 tractor @102hp and for some reason it can pull that fine at 10mph so how can't it pull the MF cultivator that requires 2 less horsepower? Is it a glitch or is it becasue the cultivator is wider or something? Any help much appreciated

After further testing with multiple tractors and different cultivators it would seem like the MF cultivator requires much more power than the shop is saying. To get good performance you need about 200 horsepower, not the 88hp that is stated in the shop. I put the MF serie 3000 @102hp on the Horsch Terrano 4 FX cultivator which is 4m wide and requires 160hp and the Serie 3000 got up to 7mph with that going up hill so to me that suggested the MF cultivator is definitely at fault
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

Eh... There's plenty other cultivators out there until they fix it. I like the Lemken Heliodor pack on the modhub. 4m wide, 100 hp req., and pulls at (I think) 12mph. That covers a lot of ground in a hurry.
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

fenixguy wrote:Eh... There's plenty other cultivators out there until they fix it. I like the Lemken Heliodor pack on the modhub. 4m wide, 100 hp req., and pulls at (I think) 12mph. That covers a lot of ground in a hurry.
Just tried the lemken and it's perfect! 11mph working speed and the MF 3000 can handle it no problem. Thanks for the suggestion!
Pavioriz

Post by Pavioriz »

To maintain the old style, I use the mf cultivator with the Kirovet until blacksheep patch it (but for realistic purpose it's impossible work a 5mt cultivator with just 88hp)
novass

Post by novass »

I hear there is problems with BSM with the MF pack and others modds there working on..I hope its not true..just what I saw reading.does anyone know if there is problems in the BSM group?...Chris
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

novass wrote:I hear there is problems with BSM with the MF pack and others modds there working on..I hope its not true..just what I saw reading.does anyone know if there is problems in the BSM group?...Chris
All mods have bugs, theres no way around it, it just what happens in the gaming business, i know it, everyone knows it.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

According to the modhub description: "Additional options will come in the next update". Sounds good to me.
spike3082

Post by spike3082 »

The speed doesn't bother me adds to the realism that I enjoy from this older equipment