Sosnovka "Americanized"

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
rowdyh51

Sosnovka "Americanized"

Post by rowdyh51 »

Has anyone ever considered taking the Sosnovka map and modding it into an American style map? The landscape wouldn't necessarily have to be changed,really the biggest changes would be getting rid of the Russian/European style signage,combining some of the fields together and updating some of the structures from the "run down" look to more modern looking structures. This map is the perfect candidate for such an overhaul. Question is,would Giants allow such a thing?
Chad05

Re: Sosnovka "Americanized"

Post by Chad05 »

Hey i thank that would be great I did maybe someone with giant will look in to it.
rowdyh51

Post by rowdyh51 »

Even if a modder could get permission from Giants and make this happen it would be great!
novass

Post by novass »

I agree..I like the maps layout.but the farm and other parts needs some changes to newer..less post apocalyptic look.I wonder sometime if madmax is farming there..great highway to..thanks all...Chris
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

Pine Cove based on Goldcrest so not sure why it could not happen. Pine Cove by far exceeds Goldcrest. Hate to even mention them in them in the same sentence.
novass

Post by novass »

I don't know anything about pine cove..its probably not on consoles.if it is..I'd take a look..is pine cove a American style map?....Chris
rowdyh51

Post by rowdyh51 »

Pine cove is not on console And yes it's an American style map. As for doing a redo of Sosnovka,if enough people think it's a good idea,I'll pm Lis and see what he thinks or says.
aklein

Post by aklein »

On the giants permissions front. They grant permission as part of the T&C's of the game to use Giants models for the purpose of making mods and maps. If they didn't give permission they would not have made it so simple to start with either base map in the giants editor to make changes.

There is an american version I think its called Gods Country. Of course its PC only as there has been reference to consoles in the thread so I do not know if the OP is on console or PC.