Goweil LT-Master on console?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Roysprinkhaan

Goweil LT-Master on console?

Post by Roysprinkhaan »

Hey everyone, when I look at some introductions about the mod Goweil LT-Master I see a lot of questions if it will be on console. The most answers are "no", because it would have to much scripts. Isn't there any way to make it work on console? I mean, many people are asking for it. Aren't there any modders that would see it as a challenge and make it work? Then you should make a lot of console-players very happy :biggrin2:
Aranea

Re: Goweil LT-Master on console?

Post by Aranea »

the thing is not about "i dont WANT to make it work for consoles" the truth is it CAN'T be made to work, due to the fact that it NEEDS mod scripts to work.
the base game dont have simular functions in it, to make the vehicle work without mod-scripts. it is just not possible - speaking for FS17.

and due to the fact that it NEEDS mod script to function, it is impossible to make it work for console version of the game.
that is all there is to it. i guess the modders would like to - but they can't simple as that.
MfG
die Spinne :hi:
FS modder & scripter
quality modding and support since 2012
viewtopic.php?f=884&t=115656
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

If Giants had the rights to it they could make it for console
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Roysprinkhaan

Post by Roysprinkhaan »

Aranea wrote:the thing is not about "i dont WANT to make it work for consoles" the truth is it CAN'T be made to work, due to the fact that it NEEDS mod scripts to work.
the base game dont have simular functions in it, to make the vehicle work without mod-scripts. it is just not possible - speaking for FS17.

and due to the fact that it NEEDS mod script to function, it is impossible to make it work for console version of the game.
that is all there is to it. i guess the modders would like to - but they can't simple as that.
Ah thanks, now I understand.
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

Well it doesn't work ok pc either to well. Yesterday I tried to start a vanilla map with only the goweil lt master as mod and after half an hour I used ALT-F4 to stop because it wouldn't get anywhere. And yes I patched the German ln10 file and the game was up to date. So this mod as God as he concept is, it needs an urgent update. I so want to use it.
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
fcelsa

Post by fcelsa »

Paeppchen wrote:Well it doesn't work ok pc either to well. Yesterday I tried to start a vanilla map with only the goweil lt master as mod and after half an hour I used ALT-F4 to stop because it wouldn't get anywhere. And yes I patched the German ln10 file and the game was up to date. So this mod as God as he concept is, it needs an urgent update. I so want to use it.
Kind regards
Rolf
Can you give me more information about what happened after half hour ? because this sound strange for me; I well know any Goweil issue, but this is a strange bug.

Update is on the way, but no console version is possible, this is clear.
fcelsa :: Team FSI Modding :: https://forum.farmingsimulatoritalia.com
chaseydog

Post by chaseydog »

Roysprinkhaan wrote: Aren't there any modders that would see it as a challenge and make it work? Then you should make a lot of console-players very happy :biggrin2:
Others have already addressed the first part of your question as to whether or not it's possible to convert the mod to console, I'd like to address the second part, the 'challenge to any modder willing to take it on’. It's considered poor form to modify an other modders mod and upload it to the public without the original modders permission to do so. This issue caused a good deal of consternation in the fallout 4 mod community when a few modders uploaded other modders work as console mod without the original mod authors permission to do so. I believe Giants is taking this issue seriously and will only allow the original mod author to request that the mod be considered for inclusion as a console mod.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Why can't people understand this. It is not a matter of challenge. It is not possible at this time to have mods with scripts on the consoles.
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

fcelsa wrote:
Paeppchen wrote:Well it doesn't work ok pc either to well. Yesterday I tried to start a vanilla map with only the goweil lt master as mod and after half an hour I used ALT-F4 to stop because it wouldn't get anywhere. And yes I patched the German ln10 file and the game was up to date. So this mod as God as he concept is, it needs an urgent update. I so want to use it.
Kind regards
Rolf
Can you give me more information about what happened after half hour ? because this sound strange for me; I well know any Goweil issue, but this is a strange bug.

Update is on the way, but no console version is possible, this is clear.
Well I just downloaded it again and also the fix and it worked. Hope it stays that way in multiplayer.
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
Roysprinkhaan

Post by Roysprinkhaan »

theSeb wrote:Why can't people understand this. It is not a matter of challenge. It is not possible at this time to have mods with scripts on the consoles.
People can't understand this because not everyone knows all of modding. I didn't know what scripts were so I asked and got the answer. I thougt it would be easy to put that on console but now I know it isn't. For me, as somebody who knows nothing about modding, it looked like "we have a baler, we have a wrapper and we have a assembly line in the game so what's the problem? Combine them and you have the LT-Master. But it isn't.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

It might be possible if it didn't have all the extra features, if it was just the machine in might be possible
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer