'Bad' mod sites

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Bungle

Re: 'Bad' mod sites

Post by Bungle »

Lisertan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:16 pm Just to be clear:

We are the owners of OUR ModHub, so if someone steals your mod and uploads it on our ModHub, then we can remove it. We have no power when it comes to other websites, they are not owned by us and there is very little we can do. We can't prevent the Internet from stealing things, we can only try to ensure we are not uploading stolen things (if that makes sense?)
Gotta feel sorry for Lisertan...... how many different ways does a man need to explain the same thing?? Poor little sausage :-/
Playing on XBone in Somerset, UK - Typically spending more time on the forum than actually playing the game.
TSM

Post by TSM »

We are the owners of OUR ModHub, so if someone steals your mod and uploads it on our ModHub, then we can remove it. We have no power when it comes to other websites, they are not owned by us and there is very little we can do. We can't prevent the Internet from stealing things, we can only try to ensure we are not uploading stolen things (if that makes sense?)
That makes more sense than your earlier post did, thanks :P
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

:
BlackThumb wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:09 pm
canadafarms wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:36 am ^^ :lol: That’s hilarious, obviously someone who has never had any dealings with the law or lawyers :lol:
Sooooo, you have never availed yourself of a "No Win, No Charge" lawyer/attorney or heard of them? Mayhaps you need to move into the 21 century with the rest of us.

Cheers :hi:
:lol: you find me a corporate lawyer that will work under those terms and I will have his number immediately.....I think someone watches too many tv shows..... :hi:
Last edited by canadafarms on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS4
markare

Post by markare »

It's a legit service
No win no fee, also known as a conditional fee arrangement, is an agreement you make with your solicitor so that you can claim compensation without worrying about upfront legal fees. If your compensation claim is unsuccessful, the no win no fee agreement states you won't have to pay your solicitor any money.
I have a feeling its uk only though

Edit: never mind a quick Google search also shows it available elsewhere.
:hi:
Scottish farming with all the n00bery
Xb1
Sometimes stream, depends how I feel
http://aatg.freeforums.net/ work in progress
Lisertan
GIANTS Software | Community Manager

Post by Lisertan »

TSM wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:27 pm

That makes more sense than your earlier post did, thanks :P
Not native :( I try my best, but I might miss the point sometimes :D
Lars 'Lisertan' Malcharek
Community Manager

History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn to Captain Gilad Pellaeon
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

markare wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:42 pm It's a legit service
No win no fee, also known as a conditional fee arrangement, is an agreement you make with your solicitor so that you can claim compensation without worrying about upfront legal fees. If your compensation claim is unsuccessful, the no win no fee agreement states you won't have to pay your solicitor any money.

I know this exists but I will say again.....find me a GOOD lawyer that would take on a case like this under those terms and I will get his number from you.
PS4
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

canadafarms wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:42 pm
markare wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:42 pm It's a legit service

I know this exists but I will say again.....find me a GOOD lawyer that would take on a case like this under those terms and I will get his number from you.
Why do we have to do the research for you? Are you going to pay us for it? Or are you too lazy to type on a keyboard and search Google?

Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
canadafarms

Post by canadafarms »

No bud not lazy, I just don’t waste time chasing unicorns....
PS4
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

canadafarms wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:14 pm No bud not lazy, I just don’t waste time chasing unicorns....
LOL, I'll pay that.

But, believe it or not, there are legal firms out there (I can only attest to the Australian ones) that have a 'No Win, No Pay' policy.

MountainFarmer

Post by MountainFarmer »

How do you guys feel about https://fs17.lt/? It's in Dural's blacklist, but I am not sure they really provide stolen mods.
Yelibam

Post by Yelibam »

It is most definitely on our blacklist at FS-UK.
MountainFarmer

Post by MountainFarmer »

Yelibam wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:35 pm It is most definitely on our blacklist at FS-UK.
Any particular reason for that? It's a pity because they have a lot of lesser known eastern european equipment. The site looks quite clean too.
Yelibam

Post by Yelibam »

Because it is just another aggregation site with mods taken from elsewhere.

For example they have Oakfield Farm there. Instead of linking to ModHub (which would have been acceptable) they have uploaded it to sharemods and offer it for download from there. They are making money from other people's mods.

To me that counts as stolen mods.
GtX

Post by GtX »

Yelibam wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 pm Because it is just another aggregation site with mods taken from elsewhere.

For example they have Oakfield Farm there. Instead of linking to ModHub (which would have been acceptable) they have uploaded it to sharemods and offer it for download from there. They are making money from other people's mods.

Agreed. The other big issue and one modders hate the most is that by creating new links and download locations we are unable to update all of our mods when errors are found or improvements are made.

This then leaves a part of the community with outdated mods or a mod that may have an error or conflict. This is something we are passionate about and want to give the best result we can for everyone.

But we can and will not follow all the comments made on sites that host/steal our work. And It is stealing because you are making money from another persons work. Try this with Sony music and see how it goes. This sadly then means we miss error or bug reports and then gain hate or a bad name and it is not even our fault :-(

Anyway I could go on for hours but I just wanted to share my two cents ;-)
GtX :this:

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

"A good friend is the friend who can make you laugh."
"What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

GtX wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:04 am
Yelibam wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:06 pm Because it is just another aggregation site with mods taken from elsewhere.

Agreed. The other big issue and one modders hate the most is that by creating new links and download locations we are unable to update all of our mods when errors are found or improvements are made.

This then leaves a part of the community with outdated mods or a mod that may have an error or conflict. This is something we are passionate about and want to give the best result we can for everyone.

But we can and will not follow all the comments made on sites that host/steal our work. And It is stealing because you are making money from another persons work. Try this with Sony music and see how it goes. This sadly then means we miss error or bug reports and then gain hate or a bad name and it is not even our fault :-(

Anyway I could go on for hours but I just wanted to share my two cents ;-)
Your two cents is greatly appreciated and needed here. This site is for the 'serious' players and therefore the 'serious' modders and it's great to hear from modders/developers and hear about their passionate thoughts and ideas for this game. So, thank you for your 'voice' and hope it explains some things to the players (downloaders) out there.