'Bad' mod sites

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
FordFarmer97

Re: 'Bad' mod sites

Post by FordFarmer97 »

How's FS17.LT? Had some pretty good looking stuff there
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
bluediamond85

Post by bluediamond85 »

bad mod sites?:

mods2017portal is bad. thats what I was told.

bluediamond85
RogueRooster

Post by RogueRooster »

BAD site to add to Santas Naughty list:

modland dot net
da-hoffi

Post by da-hoffi »

There is another team-mod-site with quality mod: modding-welt.com (german but for downloads it should not be a problem)
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Way2drunk2walk wrote:Whats the word on lambo mods, good or not?
Hmmm, haven't heard of those ones, care to give a link or two for us to check?

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

da-hoffi wrote:There is another team-mod-site with quality mod: modding-welt.com (german but for downloads it should not be a problem)
Really, it only has 26 mods, is it new or unused?

BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

FordFarmer97 wrote:How's FS17.LT? Had some pretty good looking stuff there
Had a quick look through and it doesn't seem bent on being a 'kiddie-fantasyland' mod site. Didn't find any tanks, attack helicopters or 'monster trucks'. Have therefore added the link to the list, however, if someone does find anything 'weird' and not farm sim oriented let me know and I'll remove them from the list.

da-hoffi

Post by da-hoffi »

BlackThumb wrote:
da-hoffi wrote:There is another team-mod-site with quality mod: modding-welt.com (german but for downloads it should not be a problem)

26? ok, but for FS17 (a lot more mods for FS15 and FS13) and all were created by this team -> no 3rd-party uploads.

But I find this interesting, as it's not the first time, that quantity seems to be better than quality. -> nothing against your comment ;-)
It's normal to have a smaller amount of mods on such team-sites.
There are several other ons, who upload mods they did not create, just to get a lot of clicks (but all still legal).
Nordvarg

Post by Nordvarg »

da-hoffi wrote:
BlackThumb wrote:

26? ok, but for FS17 (a lot more mods for FS15 and FS13) and all were created by this team -> no 3rd-party uploads.

But I find this interesting, as it's not the first time, that quantity seems to be better than quality. -> nothing against your comment ;-)
There are several other ons, who upload mods they did not create, just to get a lot of clicks (but all still legal).
+1 - Modding Welt certainly belongs on the list. Most mods are made by the team and is exclusive to the site. And the mods are really good. The Lexicon 700 (https://www.modding-welt.com/downloads/ ... mw-edition) is one example.

FS17 [dot] lt? Yeah, it's better than most. Still, it's just an aggregator, sending it's traffic to shady file hosters that litters your PC with ads and bad sites. Plus, It also has made room for mods for one of Giant's competitors. I don't think it should be on the list, especially since this is Giant's official forum... Your list is great, even without it :)
hookitandbookit

Post by hookitandbookit »

da-hoffi wrote:
BlackThumb wrote:

Hoffi, i absolutely love your cargobull trailers, it took me a long time to find a "correct" copy since they are leaked to all those shady sites. But i have an "official" copy now:)
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

da-hoffi wrote:
BlackThumb wrote:

Sorry, my bad, did not mean to disparage the site, was actually a real question. Seeing there are only 26 mods is this site new? And yes I do understand that 'team' sites do not have as many mods as the 'aggregate' sites who will put up anything and everything.

Seeing that you are part of the 'team', is there a way of also making this site 'English' friendly (I can read and understand simple German :chinese: ), perhaps by adding an English topic into the forum (the way Giants has structured their forum), this would make it easier for downloaders to work out what the mod does.

I have added this site, for now, unless there is a 'huge' backlash from downloaders/lurkers.

Last edited by BlackThumb on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Nordvarg wrote:+1 - Modding Welt certainly belongs on the list. Most mods are made by the team and is exclusive to the site. And the mods are really good. The Lexicon 700 (https://www.modding-welt.com/downloads/ ... mw-edition) is one example.

FS17 [dot] lt? Yeah, it's better than most. Still, it's just an aggregator, sending it's traffic to shady file hosters that litters your PC with ads and bad sites. Plus, It also has made room for mods for one of Giant's competitors. I don't think it should be on the list, especially since this is Giant's official forum... Your list is great, even without it :)
Hmm, have downloaded from them and have had no 'ads and bad sites' litter my PC. Maybe you need to update your AV settings, or use Chrome with it's AV extensions?

As for this site also having room for it's competitors, I take you haven't read the reviews about said competitor, enough to say that the 'masses' are gathering their pitchforks and torches.......... :eek2:

Having said that, if anyone else has the same sentiments as you, I will remove them from the list.

da-hoffi

Post by da-hoffi »

No worries Blackthumb ;-)
I did't got this as a negative comment

This team is not really new but not often seen on other, more international sites.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

I have put 3 "***" against FS17 Mods as Kiddie Krap is starting to creep in. Next time they will be off the list.

n0tr3adY

Post by n0tr3adY »

99% of people don't care where are they downloading from. The only important thing for them : "I want to download NOW" ...