'Bad' mod sites

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BlackThumb

'Bad' mod sites

Post by BlackThumb »

bassaddict wrote:
FYI: linking those sites only helps them to get a better ranking in search engines.

Sticking to the topics with "good" mod sites is probably better, since there aren't that many of them, but the "bad" sites are almost endless in quantity.
The list has now changed to "Good" mod sites, and I believe those should NOT be hidden in a spoiler as they deserve the recognition of being a 'real mod' site as they are sticking to the Farming Sim essence;

1 new mod sites added (17 Feb 18)

GIANTS Modhub;
FS-UK;
Marhu.net;
LS-Modcompany;
American Eagles Modding
GTXMods FS17;
Modding Central;
PC-SG
Modding Welt/World
NLD Farmers

Sites below are small 'user/owner' sites and I have decided not to add all sites suggested by FS-UK as some of those mods can be found amongst the sites listed above (and some did not work for me so I was unable to ascertain whether they had donate buttons, but then again I have security on my browser maxed out :gamer: and they may have been 'hidden'.) If you want to check them out yourself, the link is FS-UK List

Vertex Design
Xentro

Not a mod, but a 'stand alone', and IMHO a 'must have' for FS17:

FS17 Dashboard
______________________________________________________________________________________

And a BIG thanks to those that have 'researched' and provided the links above *thumbsup*

An extra thanks goes to Yelibam from FS-UK with who's permission I have added extra sites.

If you have a site (or sites) that should be on this list let me know, or just add below and I'll put it/them on the list.

ORIGINAL POST IN SPOILER
Just thought I'd quickly post this for others too steer away from these sites (ie; no need to waste bandwidth, for those like me who are on limited data) which are full of "unfinished/WIP" mods. This can also include those sites that are more attuned to Kiddy Fantasy Farming Land (ie; those sites with a huge collection of attack helicopters, tanks, super cars, imaginery farming equipment (includes where they have been 'tweaked' to carry ridiculuous amounts).

If you're not interested in this, or are sensitive about this subject you may now leave, and for your convenience I have included the website/s in the spoiler so that no-ones 'feelings' gets hurt with the truth.

Bandwidth stealing sites;
Farming 2017 Mod Starting to get the 'kiddie' creep, ie; lots of 'fantasy' vehicles/equipment
Farming Simulator 2017 Heaps and heaps of "Fantasy Farming" vehs/eqpt, think this site is aimed at the kids mainly
Cheers :hi:
Last edited by BlackThumb on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:23 am, edited 25 times in total.
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
Goose66

Re: 'Bad' mod sites

Post by Goose66 »

Had to check the sites out and see what the you mean. There is a 5000hp Claas tractor there ! Just a bit over the top !
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Goose66 wrote:Had to check the sites out and see what the you mean. There is a 5000hp Claas tractor there ! Just a bit over the top !
Yep, and if you kept looking, you'd have found heaps more. Originally those were excellent sites with 'real' mods, but it has turned into a 'Who Has The More Mods' race and they are just posting crapola to get the most mods on their sites.

But believe me when I say there are WORSE sites out there, I mentioned these 2 because they are the 'largest' sites.

bassaddict
GIANTS Software | Web/Script Programmer

Post by bassaddict »

FYI: linking those sites only helps them to get a better ranking in search engines.

Sticking to the topics with "good" mod sites is probably better, since there aren't that many of them, but the "bad" sites are almost endless in quantity.
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

Bassadict is right.
I just use these in my personal order of trust:
Modhub ( Giants own site)
Fs-Uk.com
Marhu.net ( German only)
http://blackpanthergroup.de ( German registered users only)
http://ls-modcompany.com ( German registered users only, now home of the Fabrikscript)
Modhoster.de
American eagles modding if I get past the registration
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

bassaddict wrote:FYI: linking those sites only helps them to get a better ranking in search engines.

Yanno, absolutely correct Bassaddict, should have made the topic for folks to post 'Good' mod sites, the ones that are staying with the essence of a Farming Sim and not a Kiddy Fantasyland Farm...

Didn't even think of 'spiders and bots' using those links and giving them a better ranking /facepalm, my age is starting to show as I'm forgetting the 'simple' things of the 'net....

As for the links you posted Paeppchen, thanks much, as I can use some of them (being able to read German helps :chinese: ) and will look 'closer' at those that interest me. I am more after 'full/new' mods than just simple 'tweaking', that much I can do myself.

Therefore, the list has changed to "Good" mod sites, and I believe those should NOT be hidden in a spoiler as they deserve the recognition of being a 'real mod' site as they are sticking to the Farming Sim essence;

GIANTS Modhub;
FS-UK;
Marhu.net;
LS-Modcompany;
Modhoster;
American Eagles Modding :- (left link out for them as it goes to Failbook)

Left off Blackpanther as it had too many redirects, don't like 'chasing' sites, and if anyone else know of 'good' sites, either let us know or have them added to the list.

Last edited by BlackThumb on Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

I generally stick to those. The non-GIANTS mod hub is good too, because some mods that I want aren't at the GIANTS mod hub
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
TSM

Post by TSM »

Smith Modding wrote:I generally stick to those. The non-GIANTS mod hub is good too, because some mods that I want aren't at the GIANTS mod hub
none giants mod hub is vile and anti modder as it posts mods stolen from other websites and allow users to post mods they did not make in their own name *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*
Paeppchen

Post by Paeppchen »

If you think about modhub..us it's a stealing only site with loads of rubbish on it.
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Ohhh ok sorry :blushnew: :blushnew: I didn't know and hadn't seen anything on it. I won't download from then though *thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Link for AEM official website: http://americaneaglesmodding.com/

I know another really good modding team website:
Link to GTX modding: https://www.gtxmods.com/mods/fs-2017/
JohnDeere318

Post by JohnDeere318 »

+1 for this to be a sticky. Many need to read this.
My PC specs: Click Here (Google Doc) :gamer:

How to post your log.txt
hookitandbookit

Post by hookitandbookit »

Thanks for the list of "good sites", been needing one of those:)
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

Whats the word on lambo mods, good or not?
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC