a note from somethingonmyshoe2

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
ThaFarmer

Re: a note from somethingonmyshoe2

Post by ThaFarmer »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 pm yes you need a new save on Who Dat Who Der farm and
im uploading a map soon but it has no start vehicles or start fields . all fields you have to buy . just the odd bit of grass land you can mess a round with)
First, RattleSnake Valley V3 is good as you did it... But...
Instead of creating maps after maps... could you begin by doing one with the entire job done?
Reference: RattleSnake Valley V3...
- Snowmask isn't complete, many sheds(i.e cow's and sheep's), MainFarm silo aren't done(can't load or dump stuff if there's snow on load and unload points) neither it's roads(you masked streets but not those?), The fermenting silo unloading and loading points aren't masked too...
- You have added multifruits, but there's nowhere to store it(it's easy to add fruits to the main farm silo a.f.a.I.k)...
Also: you've used Placed items for the off-road trails... Therefore we can't plow it, we're forced to shovel the snow away... Kinda annoying...

And one side note: I've been working with Reallogger from Realismus Modding on a new Geo Mod. I asked them about your maps, Rahkiin answered me that your maps aren't working very well with Seasons...

Why are you doing maps and releasing it without making sure the job's done entirely there's always obvious lacks(as incomplete snowmask) here and there?

Edit: I forgot to mention these too:
- You haven't masked the pigs and cows manure bunkers and the Pronature AG building...
- Sheep's wool pallets are still spawning outside the shed... Needs to be moved to towards the shed's center...
- Compost Master: you should modify the filltypes and the text in the help menu... Only "Waste" is meaningless... I checked myself and it should take only Straw, WoodChips and Manure as solid filltypes input...
- Train stations don't take any added fruits: Oat, Rye, spelt, tritical nor millet
SideNote 2: - You should've added instructions on how to use CompostMaster, ProNatureAG and the new sawmill(which slightly far from forestry zone, but is pretty amazing BTW)...
- There's a few steps to perform once snowmasking is done and the map ready to publish, you forgot some steps: RM snowmask instructions
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Is there any info or pictures of the logging map soms2?
Nick56301

Post by Nick56301 »

Keep up the good work!!!!
Question are u willing to make other mods? If yes or know someone willing to make some I do have 2 suggestions. Just reply and I'll post them.

Yes 1 mod suggestion is due to mustang valley
somethingonmyshoe2

Post by somethingonmyshoe2 »

my new map 'sunshine valley farm' 'uk looking map' 32 fields. cows. pigs. sheep. chickens. Vehicles 1x newHolland T5. 1x kuhnVariMaster 153. lizardWeight 550. no fields owned by Player just some grass land to plow. map setup as hard start. map uploaded to modhud for testing. im playing American Outback to keep warm lol and merry christmas to you all. :biggrin2:
NateS

Post by NateS »

Looking forward to checking it out!
PC & PS4
NateS

Post by NateS »

One quick bit of criticism for shoe. I like the layout of some of your other maps, however I can't handle the yellow grass textures. Makes the map look dead so I end up not playing them for very long. Of course not everyone likes every map so this is just my opinion. I'm not trying to discourage you or anything.
PC & PS4
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

I actually the AO/WDWD Ranch grass. It feels more like what I am used to seeing around here.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:15 pm my new map 'sunshine valley farm' 'uk looking map' 32 fields. cows. pigs. sheep. chickens. Vehicles 1x newHolland T5. 1x kuhnVariMaster 153. lizardWeight 550. no fields owned by Player just some grass land to plow. map setup as hard start. map uploaded to modhud for testing. im playing American Outback to keep warm lol and merry christmas to you all. :biggrin2:
Is it optimized for Seasons? Edit:and Merry Christmas
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
NateS

Post by NateS »

jenna_q wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:02 pm I actually the AO/WDWD Ranch grass. It feels more like what I am used to seeing around here.
Yeah, I assumed there were people that prefer the grass. I'm guessing if I lived in the American southwest I would feel like the map was made just for my area. Where I'm from grass is green. Like really green. I'm an irrigation contractor so it's my job to make the grass GREEN. Yellow and brown grass looks sick and dead to me.
PC & PS4
Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

Shoe can you update the maps to be season compatible? Thanks and merry Christmas to you and your family.
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
niggle44

Post by niggle44 »

First, RattleSnake Valley V3 is good as you did it... But...
Instead of creating maps after maps... could you begin by doing one with the entire job done?

ThaFarmer - why the whining ? The modders work hard to enable us to enjoy the game to the full and then people like you just drop criticism posts like this. How about you do your own maps and we can poke holes in all your mistakes *thumbsdown*
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

somethingonmyshoe2 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:15 pm my new map 'sunshine valley farm' 'uk looking map' 32 fields. cows. pigs. sheep. chickens. Vehicles 1x newHolland T5. 1x kuhnVariMaster 153. lizardWeight 550. no fields owned by Player just some grass land to plow. map setup as hard start. map uploaded to modhud for testing. im playing American Outback to keep warm lol and merry christmas to you all. :biggrin2:
In testing!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

still in testing... eagerly awaiting this and Woodshire...

odd that shoe has not shared a single pic or vid of this map.... usually we see lots of hype in advance...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

He shared 3 pics of it
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

where ?

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2