Duplicating a scripted mod in map.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Preble 818

Duplicating a scripted mod in map.

Post by Preble 818 »

I duplicated the compostmaster in GE on a mod map to add a second one in a different location. It works normally in a session but when I save, exit, and reload the fill levels revert to 0. The original retains it's volume. Is there anything I'm doing wrong or is doing this not possible? Any help is much appreciated.
Playing on PS5 in Ohio, USA.
Paeppchen

Re: Duplicating a scripted mod in map.

Post by Paeppchen »

You could try to rename the transform group name in compostmater2
Kind regards
Rolf
Seit Ls 11 dabei
"Keep calm and play farming simulator"
At the other end of the internet is still a human being. Show some respect and manners
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Similar to what Paeppchen says, when I have had trouble getting duplicates to work, instead of duplicating, I have exported the object, renamed it (edited the object's i3d in notepad to change it's name ), then imported it back into the map.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Thanks guys! That makes sense because I went into the vehicles xml to add in the resources I lost to the original machine and I wondered if something extra had to be done to create another one in the xml. Much appreciated I'll give that a shot. There are two slurry separators on the map so I'll look at how their named.
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Thank you both again. Renaming it allowed the game to create the second one in the savegame vehicles .xml. I know just enough to be dangerous lol.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Preble 818 wrote:Thank you both again. Renaming it allowed the game to create the second one in the savegame vehicles .xml. I know just enough to be dangerous lol.
Talking about qcquiring just enough knowledge to be dangerous, I'm beginning to go deeper everyday into GE editing, and seriously, I wrecked one of the mods I'm trying to edit to fit my needs more than once lol...
I learned this method the hard way trying to add a 2nd and 3rd sawmill(FabrikScript's smaller one, making Boardwood pallets), and damn I lost some hair trying to make it work on the map I'm playing on, but finally dropped it as I would have to put those in bad places...

Today I managed to edit an other placeable mod which makes pressed_woodchips board, originally only requiring woodchips, added "empty pallets" input with all the stuff(pallet stock visual, stock display screen and adding "empty pallets" stock number to the control screen), to make it more realistic. :gamer:
Preble 818

Post by Preble 818 »

Nice man it's fun to mess with. I keep copies of copies in case I screw up lol.