Lizard combines

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Tuurboclaw

Re: Lizard combines

Post by Tuurboclaw »

I used to build model railroads. Some of the great modelers would build their layout based on a fictional railroad. They would make their own paint schemes, eqpt, history, etc. they were so good at creating the theme and feel that they felt like real places. I wonder if some moder started up their own company with their own "line" of eqpt how that would go over in farm sim? They could start with a couple tractors, design the paint schemes, then get into harvesters, seeders, tilling eqpt. If I had more time I would try that. That seems like it would be fun. Just a thought....
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^ya thats a good idea, a fictional set of equipment
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Princeguardian

Post by Princeguardian »

If and when i get a pc, hopefully by christmas im hoping to go down that path. I hope that sort of thing works out. Ive never really done modding but i was good at art as a student and as a worker im pretty much a craftsman at what ever i do. I have noticed through playing the game that your eyes see what they want to see as long as you get it in the ballpark. Take for instance the fendt favorit. I pick the white ish color scheme and the silver wheels with rear duals. While i know its the fendt favorit what i see is our 195hp White workhorse we have on the farm. It was just enough characteristics and close enough in color that i go, yep thats my tractor. So if i can im going to explore this avenue. However i hope other modders out there are already doing this.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^ya now all you need is a name :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
justanotherfarmer

Post by justanotherfarmer »

jenna_q wrote:
justanotherfarmer wrote:Older Claas combines were liscensed by cat but now they aren’t so you could put the old ones in the game not the new ones so maybe do your research next time before you say anything
Even if it was still under license from Cat they couldn't do it because Giants has no license for Cat. Caterpillar sold the Challenger brand to AGCO years before they sold back their share in Lexion so it still wouldn't matter. Looks like I have done my homework.
I think I’m buying a pc then because all this liscensing stuff is stupid if the computers can get it then consoles should the game
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

justanotherfarmer wrote:I think I’m buying a pc then because all this liscensing stuff is stupid if the computers can get it then consoles should the game
The licensing issues is basically Sony and Microsoft's way of protecting themselves from being sued for copyright violations. You may not like it, but it is never going to change.
"In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity." Sun Tzu, The Art of War
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

jenna_q wrote:
justanotherfarmer wrote:I think I’m buying a pc then because all this liscensing stuff is stupid if the computers can get it then consoles should the game
The licensing issues is basically Sony and Microsoft's way of protecting themselves from being sued for copyright violations. You may not like it, but it is never going to change.
It is stupid, but thats the way it is, and im managing without the outside brands anyways, and well i dont blame sony or microsoft.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

BigC92 wrote:It is stupid, but thats the way it is, and im managing without the outside brands anyways, and well i dont blame sony or microsoft.
The Farming Simulator community is in many aspects a really bad one. A lot of it is console players acting like 4 year olds, saying "OH no mods for 3 days I am never buying another Giants game again." Then there is an insame amount of people who are just not happy with anything and continually want more. Really they just need to grow up and be grateful for what is available because it wasn't all that long ago that mods on consoles was not even a pipe dream.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

jenna_q wrote:
BigC92 wrote:It is stupid, but thats the way it is, and im managing without the outside brands anyways, and well i dont blame sony or microsoft.
The Farming Simulator community is in many aspects a really bad one. A lot of it is console players acting like 4 year olds, saying "OH no mods for 3 days I am never buying another Giants game again." Then there is an insame amount of people who are just not happy with anything and continually want more. Really they just need to grow up and be grateful for what is available because it wasn't all that long ago that mods on consoles was not even a pipe dream.
Yes, thank you! I like the selection we got, and Giants is doing a great job to supply us with those mods, people tend to push there luck.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

justanotherfarmer wrote:
jenna_q wrote:
justanotherfarmer wrote:Older Claas combines were liscensed by cat but now they aren’t so you could put the old ones in the game not the new ones so maybe do your research next time before you say anything
Even if it was still under license from Cat they couldn't do it because Giants has no license for Cat. Caterpillar sold the Challenger brand to AGCO years before they sold back their share in Lexion so it still wouldn't matter. Looks like I have done my homework.
I think I’m buying a pc then because all this liscensing stuff is stupid if the computers can get it then consoles should the game
Would you wanna get sued because you put a brand into a game that you didn't have? No, no you wouldn't. It's not stupid. It's logical.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
jenna_q

Post by jenna_q »

BigC92 wrote:Yes, thank you! I like the selection we got, and Giants is doing a great job to supply us with those mods, people tend to push there luck.
Same here, I love the mods we have available, and there are some really good ones from all the stuff BSM has given us, t0xic0m has given us some great Tatra mods and trailers, personally I love the Lemken equipment we have from ImpTS. So many great mods, and then there is the maps from BSM, Shoe2, OxygenDavid, BulletBill (who has received far too much flak recently) and all the others who spend their time to get mods ready for the console. I mean sure there are pieces I would love to have but I'm not going to spend hours complaining and creating a million useless threads for it.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

*thumbsdown*
jenna_q wrote:
*thumbsdown* *thumbsdown* very rude on your part, now you tend to be our mom to scold the console you should have a little respect for everyone if something bothers you just do not read it or do not follow the threads and everyone here have wishes and opinions good or bad There is a bit of everything so stop being so angry and go to play august do not worry about consolation comments and mod desires all here we have the right to ask for your opinion with the respect due to moder 's thank you for your attention end of the topic goodbye you have good night
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer: