Pacific Inlet Logging

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Guil

Re: Pacific Inlet Logging

Post by Guil »

Have your tried it with the MR mod?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Pacific Inlet Logging is a little bit delayed. I'm working with Giants to try and resolve the dark mass for the water so it looks closer to goldcrest water. Otherwise they said its good to go. Probably going to be next week unless Giants can test it faster. Hopefully they do not have to go through all the hoops again just to check the water but for quality sake they may have to.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Mcatalyst, could us console users ever see any of FDR's skidders or possibly his buck saw loader?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote:Mcatalyst, could us console users ever see any of FDR's skidders or possibly his buck saw loader?
I'm going to be looking into them more once I'm done with the backlog of maps. (3 more).

The machine possibilities are currently:
Tri-Axle claw skidder
Wheeled feller buncher
Forwarder
Bucksaw
Semi Trucks & trailers
Pretty much anything with wheels other than the cable skidder since that has a script for the winch itself.

This all depends on Giant's test results though. We haven't tried any of those machines yet.

At one point during the previous testing I heard FDR say one of the issues were the machines are too heavy or too large in scale. between those two possible failures none of them may make it since he doesn't want to redo any of that. I may end up doing a console-only version but not sure yet. Its all up in the air at the moment.

All I can give you right now is a glimmer of hope. lol

MyrithisCatalyst
FDR Logging Console Manager
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

I would love to just have the buncher, bucksaw, and a skidder. Would be all us console guys really need for equipment. I know FDR has the tri axle set as a front steer could that be changed to steer in the middle?
As far as the scaling goes, wouldn't that be fairly easy to just resize the model? I figure there would possibly be points that would have to be moved. From what I understood from one of his streams was that a big problem was the Polly count.
I thank you for you hard work to bring the logging maps and hopefully logging equipment to console. What are the three maps? I know of the arctic logging map, what are the other two. Sitka looks nice. Really enjoy your YouTube series.
gmfarmer420

Post by gmfarmer420 »

Guil wrote:Have your tried it with the MR mod?
I haven't with the FDR equipment. I did try mr on my current farm and had issues with implements that turn on when lowered and manual attaching not able to disconnect them so I deleted mr. I may try it again now that manual attaching has been updated.
FS22 season pass, FS19 Platinum and FS17 on PC FS15 on X360
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote:I would love to just have the buncher, bucksaw, and a skidder. Would be all us console guys really need for equipment. I know FDR has the tri axle set as a front steer could that be changed to steer in the middle?
As far as the scaling goes, wouldn't that be fairly easy to just resize the model? I figure there would possibly be points that would have to be moved. From what I understood from one of his streams was that a big problem was the Polly count.
I thank you for you hard work to bring the logging maps and hopefully logging equipment to console. What are the three maps? I know of the arctic logging map, what are the other two. Sitka looks nice. Really enjoy your YouTube series.

Artic Logging
Larken Springs Logging
Sitka Logging

Although I'm not so sure Sitka is going to hit consoles. the mountains on that map are pretty steep and the biggest in-game truck can only take them at 2-3mph when pulling something at least. If you think there are other trucks with more power in the mod area then I might look into that one a little more. The large trees are also uncuttable in their current state for the default chainsaw and scorpion. They will probably need removed or downsized at a minimum.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

I hate to hear all the changes that would have to be made to Sitka, but as far as trucks go blacksheep is working on 2 trucks high in hp so I think they should pull the hills.
As for the larger trees, they would be nice to have in game but I wouldn't mind trading them for the smaller trees the the skid steer buncher head can work on properly.
A question I do have about the trees is how many species of trees does the maps have (guessing they all have the same number of species of trees) and does each species have a different max height?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

This is what is in Sitka's Transform group. Each group is a different type or size of tree. The last one is the large trees.

FDR Trees
  • Reg Spruce
    SML Reg
    Birch
    Dead
    3 HGCED
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

So are the top 4 the types that are in the first three maps released?
Straywolfs

Post by Straywolfs »

I can't wait for Pacific Inlet Logging Map been wanting to play in the swamp for a while now, hope all goes well with Giant's. The Artic map sounds like it will be fun to log can't wait to see it. As for the map's that have mountain's do you think we would ever see a yarder? They do make them on wheels.Image
On PS4 but i may one day play on computer.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote:So are the top 4 the types that are in the first three maps released?
Pacific Inlet Logging doesn't have the white straight trees (if I remember right) but it does have custom swamp trees (not straight).

All the maps generally have four straight styles of trees between textures and sizes.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Straywolfs wrote:I can't wait for Pacific Inlet Logging Map been wanting to play in the swamp for a while now, hope all goes well with Giant's. The Artic map sounds like it will be fun to log can't wait to see it. As for the map's that have mountain's do you think we would ever see a yarder? They do make them on wheels.Image
Not on the console. The yarder uses the external winch script which is denied.
Chad05

Post by Chad05 »

Yes do we now if this map going to be on the mod hub for download for console today I noticed it was out of tests this morning just wondering if in body know.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Not yet, it was re-submitted this morning to attempt to fix the water. Waiting on testing right now.

Previous version from last week had a shape referencing to a material that was removed which I think was the cause of the black water mass. Crossing fingers that its fixed now. If it is then Emerald Valley and Smokey mountain will get updates as well along with the chips not depositing on the ground fix.