Creating Sheds

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
SamRookes

Creating Sheds

Post by SamRookes »

Hi Everyone

i have see a few building been released as mod and i was just wondering how easy they are to create and which program was the best to do so. if any one could point me in the correct direction it would be great

Here is a few sheds that i would love to be able to see in game

Aranea

Re: Creating Sheds

Post by Aranea »

you mean to create the buildings themselves? like the 3D model of them

what you need for that is a 3d modelling program, which is the main part of course.
there are diffrent programs to use, like Blender (which is free) Autodesk Maya (costs a lot but more professional) or things like 3DSmax or Cinema4D (which doesnt have a direct exporter into i3d format)

so you would then need to learn how to build stuff in one of those programs, best way for that (in my opinion) is to have the scales of your buildings ... or whatever you call them in english, like how long the building is, how tall, how thick the wall is and so on.

once that raw model is done (takes a lot of time) then you would need to apply a texture onto it, like a picture wraping around the 3d model to give it color and details.

after all of that, you then need to export the model into i3d format (which is the easiest part of it all) and open it with your Giants Editor so you can publish it later on, or put it onto your map.

on the other hand, the easier way to do this all is to download a few random maps and look around on them if you may find a building that fits your needs...
creating them by yourself takes a lot of time and afford but it would be great to see more 3d artist in the community so
MfG
die Spinne :hi:
FS modder & scripter
quality modding and support since 2012
viewtopic.php?f=884&t=115656
Dragongryph

Post by Dragongryph »

"after all of that, you then need to export the model into i3d format (which is the easiest part of it all) and open it with your Giants Editor so you can publish it later on, or put it onto your map."

How do you export them from blender to i3D?
Is there a special exporter to download, if so where can I find it?
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

giants has a converter as I recall.. go to the same place u get giants editor and its there in the list of downloads
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick