Snow removal mods ...

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
W1der

Snow removal mods ...

Post by W1der »

Hi guys ...

Looking for tips on snow removal equipment (hosted on trusted sites) ... :this:
Hoping to find something that does not need to be emptied over and over (like a bucket) ... so I would jump of joy if someone has a link for a "snow blower" or similar ... :mrgreen:
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
ThaFarmer

Re: Snow removal mods ...

Post by ThaFarmer »

There is a Bulk-Blower(can be used as a snow-blower) on the ls-modcompany website, but it's not working very well...
I have tested with only 1 layer of snow on many tractors, and here are the facts:
with tractors having ~600-700HP, it works at around 12km/h, 500HP it's 6km/h...
Despite the fact that it has no HP requirements, it seems to require a whole lot of HPs, which is quit unrealistic...

If anyone has found one that's working well, I'd like to see it too...
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

There are several snowplows available on https://www.woodmeadowfarmmodding.com/ (registration required), but since they act as levelers, you're still going to have to push the snow off to the side of the road in individual piles because it will not just push the snow off to the side if you angle the blade.
W1der

Post by W1der »

StoneC0ld wrote:There are several snowplows available on https://www.woodmeadowfarmmodding.com/ (registration required), but since they act as levelers, you're still going to have to push the snow off to the side of the road in individual piles because it will not just push the snow off to the side if you angle the blade.
If someone could add a script to a plow so that it tilts the blade an "acts like" the KUHN MERGE MAXX 902 ... it would be awesome!
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

A simple blade/leveller, emptying on sides once filled, would also work well I think...

Sadly, I sill don't have enough GE knowledge/ability to do it myself, believe me, I tried...
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

I've found on a mod-stealing website a pack(with many bugs as usual) named Lizard G520 by AffreuxModdeur, but I can't find out any original links or how to contact him in anyway other than FaceBook, which I don't want to use...

Anyone else can help?
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

Don't know if I got it from a legit site or not (I'm going to delete it now, just in case), but the grader and the plow blade for the front loader both act as standard levelers.
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

it's kind of annoying to see all those fake snowplows that we can easily find... But nothing really working as it's supposed to be...
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

ThaFarmer wrote:There is a Bulk-Blower(can be used as a snow-blower) on the ls-modcompany website, but it's not working very well....
I tried this when it first came out and it worked beautifully ... at first. I've had trouble with it ever since, though. It is, however, really good at moving silage from bunkers and compost as well.
Playing on PC
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

I've finally found a modder's website with a Snow Plow pack and lot's of interesting mods!
Woodmeadow Farm Modding
=> Registration needed, but I've created a dummy Gmail account and registered with G+

Trucks and Snow Plows: Doing some tests, and it seems REALLY good 'till now!
Towing trucks, small, big, Heavy Wreckers and a Rotator
=>I haven't tested the towing trucks yet(EDIT: tow trucks NOT WORKING, throwing a ton of errors)...)
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

W1der wrote:
StoneC0ld wrote:There are several snowplows available on https://www.woodmeadowfarmmodding.com/ (registration required), but since they act as levelers, you're still going to have to push the snow off to the side of the road in individual piles because it will not just push the snow off to the side if you angle the blade.
Hey
I decided to test those mods, and sincerely, WOW the big Grader is working really good, and the blades are doing petty good too.

Combined with the Kenworth T880 HH Semi with the DOT plow and attached to the BSM 70k and the Poettinger Snowblower(which I tuned&tweaked up a big :P), I'm able to clean my roads quite clean
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

ThaFarmer wrote:Hey
I decided to test those mods, and sincerely, WOW the big Grader is working really good, and the blades are doing petty good too.
Unfortunately for me, the grader and the DOT plow are quite useless (now that my RSV game is finally into winter). When the blade "fills up" to a certain level, it just starts dropping snow underneath the blade right in the middle of what I'm trying to plow. I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure out the scripting behind it, and if I can put in a modified script so that it "drops" the snow beside the vehicle rather than right in the middle of it. Let's just say that I'm not optimistic that this endeavor will succeed....

Failing that, I guess I might just as well sell the grader, sell the DOT plow and the truck it's attached to, and rely solely on a simple front loader, because if I have to push the snow off the side of the road every 5-10 feet with the snow plows anyway, I might just as well use a loader with bucket.

Edit: Even the Poettinger universal loader, referenced in the Seasons mod thread, isn't working--even though snow does appear in the list of materials that it is capable of working with, it is not blowing any snow.
W1der

Post by W1der »

As soon as I have some time on my hands I will give this mod a try ...

https://www.modhoster.com/mods/silage-frase--2
StoneC0ld

Post by StoneC0ld »

W1der wrote:As soon as I have some time on my hands I will give this mod a try ...
I'll save you the trouble, unless you can figure it out... Despite the fact that it does list snow as one of the bulk materials that it will pick up, it does not pick up and blow snow.
W1der

Post by W1der »

StoneC0ld wrote:
W1der wrote:As soon as I have some time on my hands I will give this mod a try ...
I'll save you the trouble, unless you can figure it out... Despite the fact that it does list snow as one of the bulk materials that it will pick up, it does not pick up and blow snow.
Did you download the latest version ... ?
Cause in the pictures it looks as if it does ... :hmm: