Hay bale storage on golden crest with seasons

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
ketatrypt

Hay bale storage on golden crest with seasons

Post by ketatrypt »

Is there any places I can store hay/straw piles/bales in the default golden crest map? I put them under one of the default sheds to keep them dry, but they still dissapeared.

is there a way I can mark a place for dry storage?

Thanks
reallogger

Re: Hay bale storage on golden crest with seasons

Post by reallogger »

ketatrypt wrote:Is there any places I can store hay/straw piles/bales in the default golden crest map? I put them under one of the default sheds to keep them dry, but they still dissapeared.

is there a way I can mark a place for dry storage?

Thanks
Hay/straw bales should not rot and disappear on GCV no matter where they are placed. Loose hay and straw will however disappear with time (as in any other map with Seasons). You can use the placeable hay loft to store loose straw and hay.
Inkslinger98

Post by Inkslinger98 »

Default goldcrest doesn't have the snow mask applied. So its the same as storing them outside with seasons mod.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Not really. On maps that don't have a snow mask we don't rot bales. Loose and unbaled stuff will disappear, unless put into a hay loft type placeable.
Inkslinger98

Post by Inkslinger98 »

Didn't realize that. Thx learn something every day
ketatrypt

Post by ketatrypt »

theSeb wrote:Not really. On maps that don't have a snow mask we don't rot bales. Loose and unbaled stuff will disappear, unless put into a hay loft type placeable.
Thanks for the response. I think its an issue with a baler, rather then seasons itself. Its this baler here I am having issues with : http://modcentral.co.uk/resources/john- ... baler.146/

I think it isn't 'converting' the grass to a bale, and its just a 'grass object' rather then a bale, and, at midnight, when the grass/windrows decay, the bales do aswell, making them dissapear..

I looked thrugh the xml, comparing it to a known working baler xml, but I don't see any obvious issues, so I am not really sure what to do, or if it is something that is fixable.

I would love to continue using that particular baler, but not if the bales just dissapear every midnight :p

edit - Found a fix on fs-uk.com The fix is to put the proper dimension attributes into the bale i3D files.

Code: Select all

<Attribute name="baleWidth" type="float" value="0.7"/>
<Attribute name="baleHeight" type="float" value="0.5"/>
<Attribute name="baleLength" type="float" value="1.1"/>
after adding those attributes, it works perfectly! I will try to contact the mod author and see if he wants the update to upload.