WaterPlane - Environment.onCreateWater

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Richard-023

WaterPlane - Environment.onCreateWater

Post by Richard-023 »

Hello,

I need to fix my Waterplanes before Giants can approve my map. The problem is i got small pieces of water in the map like this,

But now you can drive trough/under it without the ''Dont drive to deep'' message, but this is something thats required to approve my map.
But when i add the Environment.onCreateWater on the waterplanes then you got the problem when you come at a lower point than the waterplanes you will float like this,

So you can swim in the map because of the Environment.onCreateWater script he thinks you are in the water.
Does the Environment.onCreateWater script watches only the Y coordinates and uses it across the whole map? And not the actual waterplane shape?

I am using small waterplanes with the same ObjectMask like the GCV Map.

I hope someone can help.

Kind regards, Richard
Richard - NLD Farmers
mcatalyst

Re: WaterPlane - Environment.onCreateWater

Post by mcatalyst »

On gold crest valley there are two water planes. One for the lake and one for the power station. You might be able to find the difference between the two there. I've only used a single water plane and lowered the terrain in multiple places.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
Inkslinger98

Post by Inkslinger98 »

From what ive read the oncreate water sets the depth map wide. U should be able to submit it without it cause old streams has fake water
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Hi. I'm having the same issue with my map. Does anyone know how you fix this? My water plane is map wide even though I've only created a small pond where its visible.

I'm using the small square water plane texture.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

That's the way it works. The water plane is map wide. You cannot have more than one. The second "water plane" on the GoldCrest map referenced above has a collision near it so you can't access the water.