Console maps

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
copper0407

Console maps

Post by copper0407 »

I was just wondering if there would be any way of getting more of the mod maps over to console. I understand it is not a simple process but was just wondering if there was anything giants could do
eric21

Re: Console maps

Post by eric21 »

They can't right now, 4x maps can't work as it has a few errors that need fixing and scripts on other maps. Maybe fs19?
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

It's up to the map makers whether they want to make it for console, not Giants.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
Vanquish081

Post by Vanquish081 »

Giants no accept map 4x for console, but normal map (2x) yes, although it is complex to make maps or mods for console, the modders don't have the development kit for consoles, so we upload a mod or map and while they try it they spend enough days to tell us what errors have.

I also have to say that the Giants Editor is very outdated for features that are including, don't facilitate the creation of mods or maps, if the conversion, but the creation becomes very tedious.

The parts of the mods are exported in obj format, which is very limited.
There is no good tool implemented in Giants Editor to quickly include roads in a map, the delimitation of the fields is very laborious and entertaining, just like the decor of the map.

Modders are limited. In FS19 (?¿) you should expect the same mods and maps that is in FS15 and FS17, this mods and maps from to FS13 xD
Sonek4

Post by Sonek4 »

I guess we have some good maps for consoles; my only concern is that they could be more practical! I mean that they could have more large roads to drive in to: take Loss Berg and Thorton Farm for example: those are realy pretty maps, full of good ideas but it's roads are impossible to drive a truck in them lol
Sonek4
FS 15/17/19/22 on PS4 and XBox One