Map modding!! Help me please!!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
laustsen11

Map modding!! Help me please!!

Post by laustsen11 »

hey i trying to make a map mod on a default map (sosnovka). i have tried following the book "farming simulation modding for dummies". it said "7. Extract Farming Simulator SDK to your custom mod folder. The Farming Simulator SDK ships with the program. It’s a Zip file in the sdk folder where Farming Simulator is installed (in Windows, look for something like C:\ Program Files\Farming Simulator 2015\sdk\ modMapSDK.zip). To extract the Zip file (modMapSDK.zip) on a Windows computer, right-click the Zip file and choose Extract All. A dialog will ask where you want to extract the files. Click the Browse button in the dialog and navigate to the map folder you made within your mod’s custom folder (for example, Documents\MyGames\ FarmingSimulator2015\mods\myExcellentMap). And that’s it! Now you can begin editing your map mod."
The problem is that i cant find the Zip file (modMapSDK.zip) in the sdk file, what do i do??
Aranea

Re: Map modding!! Help me please!!

Post by Aranea »

open the map02.i3d from within the game folder and export all with files from there.
its inside the data/maps/ folder where you installed the game

the modMapSDK.zip is no longer present in FS17. the book was written for FS15 btw. and nothing was changed in there for FS17, so some parts of the book are just wrong nowadays... but hey what matter.
MfG
die Spinne :hi:
FS modder & scripter
quality modding and support since 2012
viewtopic.php?f=884&t=115656