Importing placeable mod in GE

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mrsnobber

Importing placeable mod in GE

Post by mrsnobber »

Hi, so im kinda noob to GE.
I want to import my placeable with GE to place them where i want, i export the files to map, models, mapxxx.
Then i import the mod into GE with the i3d file, but it seems that it looses its function when this is done.

Am i doing it all wrong?
limoman39

Re: Importing placeable mod in GE

Post by limoman39 »

It's a shame no one has responded to your question Mrsnobber, I am searching for an answer to the same question.
Garion

Post by Garion »

Most big mappers can be found on fs-uk. They have loads of tutorials, how to' s and advice from their members. If you look in the forums you should be able to find every answer you will ever need on that site.
Farming on PC *thumbsup* and PS4 :biggrin2:
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

Ya, I'd like to know why also. I've placed some ."placeable" mods into a map using GE and they've all lost their functions.
You don't have to be a farmer to be outstanding in your field. But it helps.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

This is actually a very simple and easy fix. If the placeable mods use any scripts, you have to add those into the user attributes. They aren't included on placeable mods because the script is called via the mod desc.xml. But in GE on a map, you need to make sure it calls the script. Look for other examples on how to do it, but you'll want to make a script callback user attribute and then do onCreate.Fabrikscript or whichever script you are trying to call.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Hello bud. If you are doing a fabrik building here is a tutorial.
https://youtu.be/dsbD6OY9oUM

That will explain how the layout works. If U watch it then I suggest watching the video that actually shows how to import a building to your map. It's just very important to understand the tree/layout first.