Why there are so few weeders' mods

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
ErwinR55

Re: Why there are so few weeders' mods

Post by ErwinR55 »

manosaurus wrote:Well then congrats ErwinR55, you've discovered yet another bug in fs17. If your correct. Since giants even said it's only supposed to be able to work on the first stage.
It works only in 2 stages, it did work on other stages before the patch if I am correct, so they fixed it, it works okay now, as it should work.
The text also implies multiple stages when you buy one, as it says First stageS.

And that would also be possible in real life, when corps are a bit bigger, you can still use it, as long as the crops are not (too much) taller then the weeder
PS4 player
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^I don't use these often but they help on organic farms
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Hmmm. Learned something new today.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

If only we could all say the same :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
novass

Post by novass »

redglasses wrote:Make sure your fert. stages ARE turned to THREE stages, not one, it's a setting you can change
Aw...ok.I wondered what that was for..thats one problem. I'll fix that.thank you Red G.....Chris
novass

Post by novass »

manosaurus wrote:
novass wrote:What I see is when I use a weeder is no difference after weeded..yes I used it in the first stages of growth.why don't I get more productivity out of my wheat/barley or corn? also I see fertilizers only help with one fertilization. .the game says..three times..I tried three time.didn't get any more produce out of them..why?..I don't know.its confusing to me
also why don't the helpers weed to..you can't hire them to weed and you can hire a helper to fertilize. .once.but game says three times..but helpers won't after fertilizing once..they won't do the second or third either..so if I do these things I get nothing more so why do it..what are you all getting from weeding and fertilizing 2nd and third times..I want to as well..but don't understand what I'm doing wrong or not doing that I should be doing..thank you..take care...Chris
Ok..thank you Mano.I'll I didn't know all that.I tried some of it..but one problem is my fert state is on one instead of three..so I'll get that changed and try your way..thank you..Mano and Red G...been great help..have a great day....Chris

Ok

First weeders can only be used on the first growth stage. (Plants just sprouted). After that it's fertilizer of some sort. Manure compost sprayers etc.

Second you can only fertilize once per growth stage.* The only exception is oilseed raddish. Once you plow it into the soil you get +1 fertilizer on the field. You can immediately go back and fertilize it again with anything other than a weeder.

Third if the workers won't work chances are your trying to fertilize too soon or the field is maxed out on fertilizer. Use the map to cycle thru crop type growth stage and fertilizer stages.

* edit.

Assuming your field is empty and this is only 1 of many combinations.

1st plow. +10% yield bonus
2nd plant plus fertilize field is now at 40% yield bonus
3rd first plants sprout fertilize OR weeder (only time weeder can be used) field is now at +70% yield bonus
4th after plants grow 1 stage fertilize again. Field is now at +100% yield bonus. So you'll now have double the yield.
5th allow crops to finish growing. If you followed this method they'll grow 1 more stage before harvest.