Why there are so few weeders' mods

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
GiedriusK

Why there are so few weeders' mods

Post by GiedriusK »

I use weeder frequently. I am surprized that there are only few weeders' mods. Why it is so? Players prefer sprayers and fertilizers?
lefe1

Re: Why there are so few weeders' mods

Post by lefe1 »

I Love using the Weeders and I really like t0xic0m new Biobeltz WST 220 Weeder it goes good with BsM MF Old Generation stuff. I just think that t0xic0m Biobeltz WST 220 Weeder should be rated better than 3.8. Because it does what it says it does. So I don't understand why it's only at 3.8. Come on People lets get the rating above a 4. So go vote and give it a 5 Rating. Thanks
garyst

Post by garyst »

I like using the weeders also, but to be honest I don't really see them being used that much on farms anymore in real life, so maybe that's why you don't see too many people modding them. A piece of equipment I would really like to see made is a sidedress nitrogen applicator for fertilizing instead of using a weeder. Every farm I know of uses them and is a critical piece of equipment I can't believe wasn't even included in the base game itself.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

Around us a lot of farmers use lime.

Agricultural lime, also called aglime, agricultural limestone, is a soil additive made from pulverized limestone or chalk. The primary active component is calcium carbonate. Additional chemicals vary depending on the mineral source and may include calcium oxide, magnesium oxide and magnesium carbonate. Unlike the types of lime called quicklime (calcium oxide) and slaked lime (calcium hydroxide), powdered limestone does not require lime burning in a lime kiln; it only requires milling.

The effects of agricultural lime on soil are:
it increases the pH of acidic soil (the lower the pH the more acidic the soil); in other words, soil acidity is reduced and alkalinity increased
it provides a source of calcium and magnesium for plants
it permits improved water penetration for acidic soils
it improves the uptake of major plant nutrients (nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium) of plants growing on acid soils
eric21

Post by eric21 »

They are mainly used for grass work or in sport facilties.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^ya I can see that, would be fun to have a skid steer mounted weeder
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
novass

Post by novass »

lefe1 wrote:I Love using the Weeders and I really like t0xic0m new Biobeltz WST 220 Weeder it goes good with BsM MF Old Generation stuff. I just think that t0xic0m Biobeltz WST 220 Weeder should be rated better than 3.8. Because it does what it says it does. So I don't understand why it's only at 3.8. Come on People lets get the rating above a 4. So go vote and give it a 5 Rating. Thanks
I would like to know how to vote or rate it and other modds...take care...Chris
novass

Post by novass »

What I see is when I use a weeder is no difference after weeded..yes I used it in the first stages of growth.why don't I get more productivity out of my wheat/barley or corn? also I see fertilizers only help with one fertilization. .the game says..three times..I tried three time.didn't get any more produce out of them..why?..I don't know.its confusing to me
also why don't the helpers weed to..you can't hire them to weed and you can hire a helper to fertilize. .once.but game says three times..but helpers won't after fertilizing once..they won't do the second or third either..so if I do these things I get nothing more so why do it..what are you all getting from weeding and fertilizing 2nd and third times..I want to as well..but don't understand what I'm doing wrong or not doing that I should be doing..thank you..take care...Chris
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Make sure your fert. stages ARE turned to THREE stages, not one, it's a setting you can change
My Discord
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

novass wrote:What I see is when I use a weeder is no difference after weeded..yes I used it in the first stages of growth.why don't I get more productivity out of my wheat/barley or corn? also I see fertilizers only help with one fertilization. .the game says..three times..I tried three time.didn't get any more produce out of them..why?..I don't know.its confusing to me
also why don't the helpers weed to..you can't hire them to weed and you can hire a helper to fertilize. .once.but game says three times..but helpers won't after fertilizing once..they won't do the second or third either..so if I do these things I get nothing more so why do it..what are you all getting from weeding and fertilizing 2nd and third times..I want to as well..but don't understand what I'm doing wrong or not doing that I should be doing..thank you..take care...Chris

Ok

First weeders can only be used on the first growth stage. (Plants just sprouted). After that it's fertilizer of some sort. Manure compost sprayers etc.

Second you can only fertilize once per growth stage.* The only exception is oilseed raddish. Once you plow it into the soil you get +1 fertilizer on the field. You can immediately go back and fertilize it again with anything other than a weeder.

Third if the workers won't work chances are your trying to fertilize too soon or the field is maxed out on fertilizer. Use the map to cycle thru crop type growth stage and fertilizer stages.

* edit.

Assuming your field is empty and this is only 1 of many combinations.

1st plow. +10% yield bonus
2nd plant plus fertilize field is now at 40% yield bonus
3rd first plants sprout fertilize OR weeder (only time weeder can be used) field is now at +70% yield bonus
4th after plants grow 1 stage fertilize again. Field is now at +100% yield bonus. So you'll now have double the yield.
5th allow crops to finish growing. If you followed this method they'll grow 1 more stage before harvest.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

Hey Mano, think you can do me a solid and make a skid steer mounted weeder :lol:, it would only be a small thing for a garden sort of thing
My Discord
ErwinR55

Post by ErwinR55 »

manosaurus wrote:
First weeders can only be used on the first growth stage. (Plants just sprouted).

1st plow. +10% yield bonus
2nd plant plus fertilize field is now at 40% yield bonus
3rd first plants sprout fertilize OR weeder (only time weeder can be used) field is now at +70% yield bonus
4th after plants grow 1 stage fertilize again. Field is now at +100% yield bonus. So you'll now have double the yield.
5th allow crops to finish growing. If you followed this method they'll grow 1 more stage before harvest.

I am 100% sure the weeder works both in 2nd growing stage (sprouting) AND 3rd growing stage.
So you can:
plow (+10%)
plant+fertilize (+30%=40%)
weed (+30%=70%)
weed (+30%=100%)
PS4 player
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

Well then congrats ErwinR55, you've discovered yet another bug in fs17. If your correct. Since giants even said it's only supposed to be able to work on the first stage.
manosaurus

Post by manosaurus »

redglasses wrote:Hey Mano, think you can do me a solid and make a skid steer mounted weeder :lol:, it would only be a small thing for a garden sort of thing

I'll try. But it's gonna be awhile. My short arms and automatic butt hurt from console requests and all.

But in all seriousness I'll give it a shot but since I'm still learning GE and such I make no promises I'll have anything before fs21
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^lol, I'm sure you'll figure it out, you seem like a smart guy
My Discord