My WIP list

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
novass

Re: My WIP list

Post by novass »

WOW!!..Jessi sounds so great..I want it now..LOL funny but true.I like the over grown trees,rocks..grass that needs cut and a field made that way I want..so I'm all for your way..give it to us all.maybe..if possible. make some areas with over grown trees..everywere and others with rocks,bushes and a few trees.some areas rocky but usable. others hilly..like rolling hills..like in Kansas. difference ground in and color of dirt in different places. ..your map doesn't sound difficult. .sound fun .
A negative balance? ...ya.with a half a tank of fuel..and maybe a few old dead trees right off the bat to cut..would get ya some fuel money...love the way its sounding..the diy dead maps..yes a taco stand would be the greatest..love tacos,there fast,you can eat on the go and lots of vegetables.
Thanks for color options on your equipment. .pink is great on girls..its not for me..mine is a bluish purple..
make it how you want..its going to be great..looking forward to it.take care...Chris
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

Overgrown with trees and rocks, definitely. I don't mind the grind as long as there is some progression each season. There's a fine line there. And hills - lots and lots of hills. I live in the NE of the US, and I've seen small balers with kickers and high sided bale wagons work on fields looking as though they were going to topple over. Where the horsepower requirements of the tools aren't as important as whether the tractor can pull everything up the hill - and stop in the way down. Coldborough Park has a few fields that are close, but still not quite steep enough. Don't forget sinkholes, you know, just for fun.

Can you do a map without defining any fields at all? Doing so would preclude hired workers. PC could still use courseplay, of course, but that would prove the ultimate challenge. Trees, rocks, some natural pastures. I could spend a real-life year on something like that.
Playing on PC
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I believe so.. if u look at the economy xml on pacific inlet logging which has been released for console it has no fields listed for ownership at all.. so to be sure about everything I loaded a brand new save and the only mods I put on were the money cheat which I ended up not needing.. I didn't know they added all the equipment I could sell.. and I loaded my favorite plow which I cant plow without lol.. I cut a fresh field right into the parking lot without using courseplay or gps or anything like that.. then I bought the big condor drill and hired a worker.. not only did he do everything he was suppose to but he didn't skip any of the field except on one spot by the silo cause the condor is so long.. the sown area showed up on the info map as being plowed, planted with wheat and 1 fertilizer stage.. so I saved and quit and loaded the log and no errors pertaining to the worker, field definitions or anything else were present.. so unless the console version is different in ways I'm unaware of then it should work no problem
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
PrincessJessi84

as to the hills.. that's probably the best part about doing it like this.. u can very literally farm anywhere the equipment will operate.. so far the landscape on the map is very diverse.. there r flat areas.. moderate rolling hills.. and the areas where u would be putting a death grip on the steering wheel and being thankful that most modern tractors had seat belts.. where u farm your fields.. and put your buildings will be up to u.. there will be certain areas of the map that have to remain occupied.. animal pins.. store.. the 2 villages and a few other small random details scattered around the map like the random house seemingly in the middle of nowhere.. the rest will be up to u.. the roads that r there will be able to be plowed short of the one main road (yea srry folks but real farm areas don't have tons of buildings and paved roads.. at least not anywhere ive been).. there is only one thing I ask.. after u guys start building your amazing farms I want pics.. I wanna see what you guys come up with
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

No predefined fields is my vote.Hows bout an old moonshine still and shack back in the hills?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
PrincessJessi84

hellz yea.. y don't we throw in some rusty half stripped out cars, a few stacks of empty beer cans and an outhouse :lol: but no seriously.. ideas like that r what could very well be the life of this map.. its the little things that will set a map apart from others.. anyone can shove a bunch of scripted factories and huge fields and perfect giant forests on a map and call it a day.. imo this is what some of the "best map makers" have more often than not done.. but its the little things.. the details that make a map for me.. like the junk yard/vehicle sell point on rattlesnake valley.. to me its the details that set map makers like BulletBill, OxygenDavid and somethingonmyshoe among others apart from map makers like Stevie.. its not so much all the crazy stuff that u can do but the little details that make a map great.. perfectly worn in buildings.. a snake slithering across a parking lot.. just the right amount of varied terrain with wonderful detail in foliage and well thought out roads.. I know some people love the big flat low detail maps loaded with every factory mod known to farming simulator and that's fine.. everyone prefers what they prefer.. and I don't by any means speak for the above mentioned modders.. but I like details.. I love their maps and hope to build something of that quality even if I'm not matching the European style that most finely detailed maps r known for being.. so keep those little ideas coming.. what r some other things that we might realistically see around an area like this? things like a deer stand in a tree or a camping tent and small fire pit or yea even an old still with a shanty.. I wanna hear what u guys have seen irl.. just remember that we r aiming for uniqueness and realism here.. a crash landed ufo while unique is not going to make the map.. srry.. if I can get 20 suggestions ill reveal my next map project that I wanna bring to console and pc.. it wont be for everyone but I know some of u will absolutely LOVE it
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

How about the cow shack you have to muck out. Like in Thornton
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

An old well with a skeleton in the bottom.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

PrincessJessi84

absolutely.. to date this is imo one of the most realistic features implemented on maps.. I never understood the magic mucking barns.. like.. who is moving this poo? ive never met this person.. they could be robbing me blind.. I have a suspicion who ever it is has been stealing my valve stem caps off my equipment.. and I don't even wanna think about what they r doing to the cows when I'm not around.. no.. no magic mucking.. want cows? better get some rubber boots and chains for your tires cause **** just got real #savethecows
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

what if I #eatthecows though? :lol: I like your idea, its gonna be a cool map
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
PrincessJessi84

now look smith.. u wanna eat the cows u have to go to the market and buy it like everyone else.. a girls gotta make a living off those cows #savethecows #runbessy #electricfencesinplace
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
RetiredEGS

Post by RetiredEGS »

I love your idea for the map. Thats what i really want but please dont use the base trees like the fir and birch alot :)

As per your pink crown its your mod so your logo :)
PS4 and PC
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

PrincessJessi84 wrote:now look smith.. u wanna eat the cows u have to go to the market and buy it like everyone else.. a girls gotta make a living off those cows #savethecows #runbessy #electricfencesinplace
Ya smith common'. Anyways that is one part I like about Thornton
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Guil

Post by Guil »

Jessi I suggest you keep your idea secret until you have got it working in game, especially if you are hoping to be the first to bring it to the game.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

I have the best suggestion . If you put the laundry hanging out,have a Tshirt with your logo hanging on the line.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.