Forage And Chips Silo By: Bdbssb

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
SilverRedman63

Re: Forage And Chips Silo By: Bdbssb

Post by SilverRedman63 »

Great Game this is what I get out of it - If you store fresh grass in a silo it won't stay fresh for long it will also would go through a heat cycle and burn down the barn.( the game is somewhat set up for cows that don't get to go outside ), even with the great silos by bdbssb to store grass, I go out every day and cut fresh grass to feed the cows, I feed on ( what I have set as a Milking cycle ) 6:00 am TMR and Water 4:00 pm TMR and Grass. Thats what is so great about this game is can get out of what you want, I know they call consoles sandboxes but this game makes it the Beach. XB1 for fun PC at Work for 10 hrs ( dont want to go home and set in front of another PC for the rest of my night. )
PC/Xbox1
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

empato wrote:If you load the Göweil LT Master, there is a function added with which you can manually open a bale again. If you are close to a bale, a knife symbol will appear and with "R" or "N" (just not sure which key, but it`s shown in the F1 help menu) the bale can be opened again.
That sounds cool bud. But I'm assuming the other guy is using a console. If ur hitting keyboard keys then i assume u have a pc :lol:
That sounds like a cool mod though.
empato

Post by empato »

Damn, sorry. Yes, I`m on PC.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

empato wrote:Damn, sorry. Yes, I`m on PC.
I love the additional scripts on pc. I wish there was a way to get just a few scripts on console.
Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

Thank you for this mod bdbssb, this is the type of stuff I love to see, unique mods that make the game better, keep up the great work.
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

ya this mod has helped alot around the cow farm
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

I'm glad u guys like it. Good to see I'm not the only one that wanted this.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

FYI for tmr guys

Ok did some testing.
I have the latest version of the peecon and it does load silage from the silo. If I look in the description when u download it, it states you can fill it from the hayloft (silo works the same way) however once you start filling with a product you can only continue or stop filling with that product. So if you want silage the peecon has to be empty.
Now here is the odd thing with the peecon. I cannot get it to accept straw from a conveyor. So if you want to make tmr then you need to fill it with straw first then you can use a combination of tippers and a conveyor to top it off. This is not a peecon or silo issue it's how the game functions. A silo (any silo any tipper) will only load a tipper with one product at a time. The one issue I see with the peecon is that once you stop filling with straw from the silo you cannot continue. So you either have to overfill then dump off or be careful to get it correct. On the in game drivable mixer it would let me stop and continue filling straw. It would also take straw from a conveyor.
Another note, in my testing no mixer would take tmr directly from the silo. However you can fill a tipper and feed your cows with the tipper.
Ok one more thing. Sorry for the lengthy post lol. If you get your ratio off no worries. It's a bit of a pain however if u choose unload to ground the mixer will separately unload the hay, straw, and silage directly to the ground.
Hope this helps. Maybe I'll try to do a small video tutorial explaining this lol.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

bdbssb wrote:I'm glad u guys like it. Good to see I'm not the only one that wanted this.
I Love it. thanks again for it :biggrin2:
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Dangit I thought it accepted straw from conveyors.I came back to GCV after a few months away I had a shed by the cow farm full of straw with a conveyor.You really dont need straw anyways its a cheap filler is all I guess? Like everybody else Im loving your silo.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

TacoFarmer wrote:Dangit I thought it accepted straw from conveyors.I came back to GCV after a few months away I had a shed by the cow farm full of straw with a conveyor.You really dont need straw anyways its a cheap filler is all I guess? Like everybody else Im loving your silo.
Oh I didn't know. Will the tmr be looked at like powerfood if it doesn't have straw?
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Funny the rating is dropping in the silo
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Umm, I believe TMR IS power food.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Soles2023

Post by Soles2023 »

I'm going to try and keep this short as possible, and this might be more steps than need for some but it works for my current setup on Lawfold.
I place the Grimme SL-80-22 conveyer under the pipe of the silo as it will allow you directly dump from silo onto it.

I've been using the Lizard Universal light-weight bucket for the front loader (11,500L) because it's the largest of all buckets and it roughly 2 scoops of each (silage/hay/ and just shy of 2 full scoops of straw) for the 64,000 mixer.

Now, you can get the conveyer to fill the bucket by positioning it correctly under the conveyer, and getting into the conveyer and clicking the correct button to select your fill type. The tricky part is during the filling of your second bucket of your selected fill type you'll want the conveyer to be empty of that fill type so you can select the next one. The conveyer has a capacity of 1200L, so when the bucket is around 10000L I slightly pull away from the conveyer (so it quits unloading) then pull back under to clear the conveyer leaving me around 11200L in the bucket (give or take a couple hundred liters). With the conveyer cleared of the previous fill type, your free to get back in the conveyer and select the next you would like to start dispensing.
As I've stated this might not be the easiest way of doing it, but with my current setup, it keeps me from useing and tipper to upload and dump on the ground then scoop back up to dump in the mixer.
XB1/PC
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Soles2023 wrote:I'm going to try and keep this short as possible, and this might be more steps than need for some but it works for my current setup on Lawfold.
I place the Grimme SL-80-22 conveyer under the pipe of the silo as it will allow you directly dump from silo onto it.

I've been using the Lizard Universal light-weight bucket for the front loader (11,500L) because it's the largest of all buckets and it roughly 2 scoops of each (silage/hay/ and just shy of 2 full scoops of straw) for the 64,000 mixer.

Now, you can get the conveyer to fill the bucket by positioning it correctly under the conveyer, and getting into the conveyer and clicking the correct button to select your fill type. The tricky part is during the filling of your second bucket of your selected fill type you'll want the conveyer to be empty of that fill type so you can select the next one. The conveyer has a capacity of 1200L, so when the bucket is around 10000L I slightly pull away from the conveyer (so it quits unloading) then pull back under to clear the conveyer leaving me around 11200L in the bucket (give or take a couple hundred liters). With the conveyer cleared of the previous fill type, your free to get back in the conveyer and select the next you would like to start dispensing.
As I've stated this might not be the easiest way of doing it, but with my current setup, it keeps me from useing and tipper to upload and dump on the ground then scoop back up to dump in the mixer.
I couldn't get the peecan to accept a shovel
Ty for sharing your process though. It's always good to learn from one another.