Forage And Chips Silo By: Bdbssb

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
bdbssb

Re: Forage And Chips Silo By: Bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

FordFarmer97 wrote:Umm, I believe TMR IS power food.
Yes and no lol. If I don't get the ratio correct. If any of the ratio sliders are red then it won't let me unload into the silo. There are 2 different hud/logos that will show up on the foodmixer. I can dump it in the cow feeder if it's incorrect however it will not show up as power food.
What's even more confusing. If u know how the triggers and filltype names work, it says "total mix ration" when u hit the fill button in the silo drop down, however the actual filltype is "forage". But what's really messed up is if I get the ratio off like I stated above it will say forage is not accepted here lol. Once again if u know how a moddesc file works, there is filltype register then the name it shows u in menus. So I would say correct ratio is forage that displays tmr and incorrect I have no idea what is registered however it's displaying as forage lol. I'll have to look in a vehicle.xml file on one of my pc game saves to confirm this. See modding is so much fun haha.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

bdbssb wrote:
TacoFarmer wrote:Dangit I thought it accepted straw from conveyors.I came back to GCV after a few months away I had a shed by the cow farm full of straw with a conveyor.You really dont need straw anyways its a cheap filler is all I guess? Like everybody else Im loving your silo.
Oh I didn't know. Will the tmr be looked at like powerfood if it doesn't have straw?
47000 hay,top off with silage.Dump it in your silo. Pics later if you want to see them.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

Thank you bdbssb for this mod :) I was wondering if you would consider adding a graphic for the unload area, like a grate with ramp similar to the in-game farm silo or concrete area with slight ramp or something like that, so that when placed on grass or dirt, it shows the unload area (just cosmetic for esthetics and immersion).

Edit: A temporary workaround on PC. I found a placeable mod (don't want to link to it as it's on one of the mod sites with those annoying pop-up download pages, but can be found by googling 'FS 17 cleaning of grass' ). It lets you buy placeable markers of different sizes for placement.

Result:

Not ideal for me, as it's still flattened grass underneath, but I had no good spot on gravel or dirt for it, so this will have to do for now :P
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Slivicon wrote:Thank you bdbssb for this mod :) I was wondering if you would consider adding a graphic for the unload area, like a grate with ramp similar to the in-game farm silo or concrete area with slight ramp or something like that, so that when placed on grass or dirt, it shows the unload area (just cosmetic for esthetics and immersion).

Edit: A temporary workaround on PC. I found a placeable mod (don't want to link to it as it's on one of the mod sites with those annoying pop-up download pages, but can be found by googling 'FS 17 cleaning of grass' ). It lets you buy placeable markers of different sizes for placement.

Result:

Not ideal for me, as it's still flattened grass underneath, but I had no good spot on gravel or dirt for it, so this will have to do for now :P
On my phone can't get a good screen shot but something like my placeables here?
https://bdbssb3.wixsite.com/mods/placeables

I tried to make it as simple as possible. My pc versions I get more detailed.
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

bdbssb wrote:
Slivicon wrote:Thank you bdbssb for this mod :) I was wondering if you would consider adding a graphic for the unload area, like a grate with ramp similar to the in-game farm silo or concrete area with slight ramp or something like that, so that when placed on grass or dirt, it shows the unload area (just cosmetic for esthetics and immersion).

Result:

Yes, although I don't see on that page another option for that storage silo with having the pickup and unload areas marked, I just saw your other placeables. It was just a question of having the fill and unload areas have a graphic of flat concrete with grate or yellow black tape, just a cosmetic thing. Perhaps it is not desired by many, it's just a personal preference, likely comes from playing with my son, who is younger and needs the trigger type areas to be more clearly marked :P
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Slivicon wrote:
bdbssb wrote:

Result:

Yes, although I don't see on that page another option for that storage silo with having the pickup and unload areas marked, I just saw your other placeables. It was just a question of having the fill and unload areas have a graphic of flat concrete with grate or yellow black tape, just a cosmetic thing. Perhaps it is not desired by many, it's just a personal preference, likely comes from playing with my son, who is younger and needs the trigger type areas to be more clearly marked :P
Yeah I understand bud. I'll try to see if I can get a screen shot of one of my newer placeables. If I do another update I'll try to add a ramp and larger cement pad. It takes nearly a week of modhub testing everytime I submit another model and there is usually something I have to fix lol.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

bdbssb wrote:
Slivicon wrote:
bdbssb wrote:

Yeah I understand bud. I'll try to see if I can get a screen shot of one of my newer placeables. If I do another update I'll try to add a ramp and larger cement pad. It takes nearly a week of modhub testing everytime I submit another model and there is usually something I have to fix lol.
Any plans on the slurry shack coming to consoles?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

TacoFarmer wrote:
bdbssb wrote:
Slivicon wrote:
There is this already if u mean slurry storage.
https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

bdbssb wrote:
TacoFarmer wrote:
bdbssb wrote: Yeah I understand bud. I'll try to see if I can get a screen shot of one of my newer placeables. If I do another update I'll try to add a ramp and larger cement pad. It takes nearly a week of modhub testing everytime I submit another model and there is usually something I have to fix lol.
Yeh.But your shed for it looks awesome.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

TacoFarmer wrote:
bdbssb wrote:
TacoFarmer wrote: Any plans on the slurry shack coming to consoles?
Haha it's just a utility shed from goldcrest. Thanks though. I'm slowly starting to make my own 3d models. It takes some creative work in blender.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

bdbssb wrote:
TacoFarmer wrote:
bdbssb wrote: There is this already if u mean slurry storage.
Haha it's just a utility shed from goldcrest. Thanks though. I'm slowly starting to make my own 3d models. It takes some creative work in blender.
If the GCV ones held liquidshit theyd be awesome!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

I too use the 11500 bucket to load the peecon, three loads of hay, one straw, the rest silage (about 1 and a half, tip the rest back in the bunker)
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

CombineBert wrote:I too use the 11500 bucket to load the peecon, three loads of hay, one straw, the rest silage (about 1 and a half, tip the rest back in the bunker)
Ok great to know. I winder if I didn't have the latest peecon cause I couldn't get it to accept a shovel.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Slivicon wrote:
bdbssb wrote:

Result:

Ok here is what I came up with. Unfortunately I'm not sure I want to upload it for the same reasons I didn't add the grate in the first place. The issue is that I have to make the placeable plot nearly twice as large, and for most people it will be an annoyance because unless you remove your old one and replace it grass will more than likely be coming through the cement. I'm interested in feedback however I think it may cause some issues.
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

Looks good to me, but like you say, it may not be backwards compatible to existing ones. I'm not sure if there's a way around that, unless you were interested in adding it as a second "type", so two placeables in the same mod, one like before, and one with the platform, that people could choose to buy in the store.