Dually Pickup Trucks Console

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Beastbubba

Re: Dually Pickup Trucks Console

Post by Beastbubba »

Peter Griffin wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:55 pm Who wants a tranny named Allison anyways? Real trucks have manual trans. And a straight front axle. :biggrin2:
Manual in a 4wheeler is just annoying, stop and go traffic especially, and auto's get better gas milage too. And they will be going away from 18 wheelers to. Only downside to an auto in a big rig is they still try to start in 3rd and don't skip gears, which is only an issue when your empty and want to take off faster...

My current pickup is a '01 Sierra with 250k miles. Has the 5.3l Vortec, engine still runs like the day I got it. My dream truck is a new 2500 Sierra with the 6.6l Duramax.
For work I currently drive a '09 Volvo with a Cummins. It's a good motor in a pos body... I've also used Volvo with a Volvo engine, Macks with Mack engine, International with Cat and MaxForce. The Macks with a Mack engine are my favorite, pull like crazy and run great with a beautiful cab. Cat engines were good, but MaxForce and Volvo motors are pure garbage...
PC gamer.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Im not a manual type, i tried driving stick, and it never stuck to the wall for me, auto trans and 4x4 is up my alley. I do remember the days where we got out, locked in the hubs, push the shifter, and your in 4x4, all my uncle's Fords had it, if i remember right, my dads 82 f150 had it, dont think our rangers had it, our first Explore had auto 4x4, but it went out and dad made it into a manual, our 2nd Explore had auto 4x4, now our Expedition has it, we just changed out the shifting motor in it, but the point is, kids today dont know when we say, get out and lock in the front hubs, their more into the auto 4x4 stuff, i like where its going, id like to know more about it tbh.
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Beastbubba wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:57 am
Peter Griffin wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:55 pm Who wants a tranny named Allison anyways? Real trucks have manual trans. And a straight front axle. :biggrin2:
Manual in a 4wheeler is just annoying, stop and go traffic especially, and auto's get better gas milage too. And they will be going away from 18 wheelers to. Only downside to an auto in a big rig is they still try to start in 3rd and don't skip gears, which is only an issue when your empty and want to take off faster...

My current pickup is a '01 Sierra with 250k miles. Has the 5.3l Vortec, engine still runs like the day I got it. My dream truck is a new 2500 Sierra with the 6.6l Duramax.
For work I currently drive a '09 Volvo with a Cummins. It's a good motor in a pos body... I've also used Volvo with a Volvo engine, Macks with Mack engine, International with Cat and MaxForce. The Macks with a Mack engine are my favorite, pull like crazy and run great with a beautiful cab. Cat engines were good, but MaxForce and Volvo motors are pure garbage...

To each is his own. I disagree. I own 4 vehicles and all manual trans. My civic was auto and I covered it to a manual which improved my fuel mielage. Depending on gearing alot of manual trans get better mileage. But I like shifting instead of having a power robbing auto
XBOX/ FS22