Suggested Mods - Farming New Zealand

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
lancethompson

Suggested Mods - Farming New Zealand

Post by lancethompson »

Hi fellow Farming Simulator fans.
Well we can all agree this is an amazing game and shows such realism to farming and can be all done from the comfort of your own home.

I am a New Zealander and farming is a real passion for me. I am loving the mods available for download through GIANTS and also the various modding websites but would like to see some other new ones added. Un sure if these are possible or not but in seeing the talents of whats already been produced out there i doubt its a problem for you all.

1) Irrigation - We have some pretty dry summers here in New Zealand and watering of fields is paramount to getting good crops. I see there was some pivot irrigators in FS15 but these haven't been transferred into FS17 as of yet. Maybe someone can create some irrigator systems that can be placable into any map?

2) Fencing - There is currently placable fences available for download but would it be much more fun to build your own fence? have a post driver that goes on your tractor and you can set out the posts on fields then with a few clicks you can add in fencing wire and gates? Maybe as you drive your tractor along it creates the fence behind you?

3) Animals - New Zealand is a big sheep and dairy type farming, more so than the cropping that other countries have. It would be great to be able to move animals to different fields. The animals will graze on the field they are in and eat the grass down in that field. It could be done that you need to make sure there is sufficient feed in that field, whether it be hay, silage, grass and if its not supplied you have to move animals to another field? Animals could also work in with the seasons mod. There could be a set time of which you need to move all sheep to the wool shed for shearing time of which generates your wool bales? I think this could be done and be a great asset to such a great game.

4) Animal feeding - this is already pretty good but i think some more mods can be created in this area. Perhaps some silage wagons and wagings that feed grass to animals? Maybe variations of this for the 3 point linkage system on the tractor for smaller amounts of feed?

I will add to this post as time goes for other great suggestions of modding that could be done to align this game with New Zealand farming.
To all the nodders out there and to GIANTS - keep it up this is truly amazing and hours of fun.