Latest update regarding BSM 850 Hooklift

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
aso95

Latest update regarding BSM 850 Hooklift

Post by aso95 »

Hello,

Recently, the BSM 850 Hooklift truck was modified with several updates. I'm not familiar with how modding works, or who the people are behind them, but I hope the creator(s) of this particular mod are able to see this post because there are a few issues with their most updated version. Before I begin I'd like to clarify that I am referring to the console mod.

This mod was extremely useful because of the versatility. Originally, after purchasing the truck in-game, the player would also purchase the, "hook-lift attachment," for an additional $25,000. This attached on top of the frame and the hook could retract to pick up the desired "ITrunner" trailer. This was extremely convenient because if you had to move a 5th wheel trailer, you could unattach the hook-lift and attached trailer together, without waiting for the arm to retract fully to unhook the trailer on the ground. Simply pressing A would pop the hook-lift off the truck and it would remain in place off the ground on 4 legs, leaving the truck free to pull forward with the exposed 5th wheel. Now however, it has become one way or the other, not both. A player must drive the truck to the shop and open the customization menu to add or remove the hook-lift, depending on which function they desire. This is very annoying if you previously used the BSM 850 to pull around 5th wheel tippers and also used the hook-lift function. Imagine using the truck to load hay bales on the hook-lift bale container out in the middle of a field, and forgetting you dropped off a tipper trailer too close to another field a hired worker is plowing and is, "blocked by an object." Before the latest update, you could press A to pop off the bale container and rush over to the tipper and move it out of the worker's path. Instead, now you would have to drive to the nearest shop, retract the bale trailer off the truck and on the ground, unhook, and then customize the 850 to remove the hook-lift, race to the tipper to move it, and then back to the shop again to add the hook-lift option and attach the bale trailer back on. This is the biggest issue; the truck has lost its "convenient versatility." Also not to mention, because the hook-lift is now a custom option, any hook-lift attachments you had left unattached on the 4 legs are now completely deleted from the game. And any ITrunner trailer you had attached to it is now just sitting on the ground, with your $25,000 hook-lift attachment gone with the wind. Not a huge deal unless you had a several of those trailers sitting around. And you cannot purchase the hook-lift attachment from the shop either, it is solely an option on the truck now.

The 2nd issue is also a bit of a disappointment as well. PTO was added to the rear of the truck, furthering its functionality by now being able to use most equipment only tractors could utilize before. However, (I'm not entirely sure it's related to the PTO), but the rear steering wheels do not turn nearly as sharp as they used to. The truck used to turn on a dime, to now turning similar to an aircraft carrier. Well, not quite as bad, but the degree the rear wheels turn now is comparable to the Oshkosh HET. It's still better than no rear steering, tho it's not quite clear why the rear turning radius was decreased.

Lastly, I'd like quickly add a few recommendations for the next update. The frame should be cleaned up and paintable. The red/white reflective tape should be removed, and the fuel tanks and amber lights running down the length of the truck should be shortened up to be flush with the cab. That will give that ultra-cool look of an extended wheelbase Peterbilt 379, where the frames are so clean they have nothing on them from the back of the cab to the front of the first set of rear tires. Check out google images of Peterbilt 379s with extended frames to see what I mean. Also, the drop down axle should be an option as well. As in an option to be attached or removed from the frame altogether for a cleaner look.

Thanks for taking time to read through what I had to say. I tried to keep it as short as possible while still getting my point across. This is also my first post here, so please feel free to comment your thoughts regarding my opinions on this mod.

Have a nice day,

Andrew
TacoFarmer

Re: Latest update regarding BSM 850 Hooklift

Post by TacoFarmer »

Too many words. Where's the short version?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Gingerjay

Post by Gingerjay »

Attach a holmer body to it, when you drop it off the 5th wheel appears, then you can use hooklift and 5wheel without having to go back to the shop.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

TacoFarmer wrote:Too many words. Where's the short version?
new steering problem, and you have to customize to get the itr part, its no longer an attachment
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Thanks. Lol
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

Just updated the truck and I don't like the update at all, the steering is worse and it seems like a pig now, it used to feel real torque packed but now it accelerates way slower than it used too.
FS17 on Xbox One X. FS19 on PC

Chicago, IL

MyYouTube Channel :coolnew:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

redglasses wrote:
TacoFarmer wrote:Too many words. Where's the short version?
new steering problem, and you have to customize to get the itr part, its no longer an attachment
I dont like it at all as well, the only good thing is theres interior lighting, and i just got rid of the ITR trailer, guess what? I got it again, i had my farm where i wanted it, and they go and do this?
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

The truck is far more realistic now in every aspect! Long trucks take more area to turn, the original hooklift attachment was unrealistic in how it attached and also wiggled on the frame under load, and semi trucks do not accelerate and brake like race cars! Anyone that has problems might want to try their own hand at modding.

The only partially valid complaint (and I say that lightly) that anyone can have, is that the option for the push bar has been removed and the lifting axle tires get dirty too quickly, that's it!
PS4 Farmer
Pensarethebest

Post by Pensarethebest »

Trucks like that turn somewhere between where they were originally and where they are now. They do turn a little sharper than that.
FS 22 and loving it.
Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

TurboFarmer wrote:The truck is far more realistic now in every aspect! Long trucks take more area to turn, the original hooklift attachment was unrealistic in how it attached and also wiggled on the frame under load, and semi trucks do not accelerate and brake like race cars! Anyone that has problems might want to try their own hand at modding.

The only partially valid complaint (and I say that lightly) that anyone can have, is that the option for the push bar has been removed and the lifting axle tires get dirty too quickly, that's it!
We know a semi truck doesn't accelerate like a race car, no one ever said it should but a semi truck has tons of torque and therefor does accelerate very well, in my opinion they messed up something that wasnt broken to begin with, sure people that complain can try thier hand at modding and since you say the truck is more realistic as far as acceleration, maybe you can try your hand at driving the real thing like i do.

Chicago, IL

lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I don't know where everyone is saying the acceleration is slow. I did tests on GCV and it goes from a dead stop to 50 M.P.H. in only 10 seconds to me that isn't slow.
Scuba steve

Post by Scuba steve »

Just was saying compared to how the truck felt before the update, not a huge deal but it seems people can't have an opinion on here lol

Chicago, IL

Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Scuba steve wrote:
TurboFarmer wrote:The truck is far more realistic now in every aspect! Long trucks take more area to turn, the original hooklift attachment was unrealistic in how it attached and also wiggled on the frame under load, and semi trucks do not accelerate and brake like race cars! Anyone that has problems might want to try their own hand at modding.

We know a semi truck doesn't accelerate like a race car, no one ever said it should but a semi truck has tons of torque and therefor does accelerate very well, in my opinion they messed up something that wasnt broken to begin with, sure people that complain can try thier hand at modding and since you say the truck is more realistic as far as acceleration, maybe you can try your hand at driving the real thing like i do.
I think we may drive alike. Problem is people see all these other truckers that start in first gear all the time and get the misconception that trucks are really pokey.

Any decent driver should adjust thier shift pattern according to the terrain and thier current gross weight.

When I'm empty w/ trailer I start in 5th, jump to 7th then 8 9 10. And I can pull away from most cars at a light. If bobtail, 6th to 8th and I'm gone... And when pulling 80k I still start in 3rd, jump to 5th and have out run a few empty flatbeds doing it...
PC gamer.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I guess I can't have an opinion either. :lol:
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

I honestly dont have any issue with the truck after updating it.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.