Question about the root crop mods

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
novass

Question about the root crop mods

Post by novass »

Question for ya all using the root crop storage mods..one is a small half round storage and the other is a building type of storage...which one is...I mean what are the plus and negatives on each one if anyone knows..thanks to all.....Chris
FarmerJimbob

Re: Question about the root crop mods

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Are you talking about the Root Crop Storage by Dogface and the Placeable Root Crops Storage by LS-MODCOMPANY & co?

The Dogface mod is an authentic looking storage facility for root crops and works perfectly well. It has a capacity of 300,000 of each root crop and costs $90,000. You tip product at one end and collect from the other so wherever you place it you will need to be able to access both ends with whatever tippers you intend to use.

The more recent LS-MODCOMPANY storage facility also works perfectly well but has a larger capacity of 2,000,000 of each root crop and costs just $24,000. With this mod the drop-off and collection points are on the same side of the building so its a bit easier to find somewhere to place it. There is a shelter on the other side of the building however which can be used for storage also if you so wish and if you place it such that it is accessible (not sure how much you can pile up in there). The one issue I found with this building, which may be down to the tool or the game and not the mod, is that I could fill the potato planter directly from the building the first time but I can't get it to refill directly (I never tried this with the Dogface mod).

If I remember correctly, both mods show how much product you have stored in the prices screen. Hope that helps.