GrassBeGone Update

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
FarmerJimbob

Re: GrassBeGone Update

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Had a quick play around with the mod last night. Finally a way to "mow" the chicken enclosure on GCV to be able to see where the eggs are! Also sorted out the area beneath my Slow Hall which I had originally rolled before placing yet still the grass grew back.

So, after the update, will the changes cause any problems with placing a building on the site after selling the GBG or is it just that it won't be possible to place a building on the GBG square while its still owned? Thanks.
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

So with this mod, this will get rid of any placable on any map? If so, i can get rid of the storage shelter at the cows and put a garage in place of it.
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I'm pretty sure it just gets rid of grass BigC. It's like a big roller
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

BigC92 wrote:So with this mod, this will get rid of any placable on any map? If so, i can get rid of the storage shelter at the cows and put a garage in place of it.
Pretty sure it only affects ground texture. Like other placeables you can't site it directly over existing buildings or certain terrain (e.g. BGA concrete standing or roads) however you can overlap them if the centre of the GBG square is on ground which allows placeables. This is how I managed to clean up the chicken enclosure - you can't put a square directly in there like you can't place any buildings there but with the 25x25 square you can overlap it sufficiently to 'cut' all the grass. Like with the roller, all ground texture reverts to its original state so dirt paths, roads etc remain.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

FarmerJimbob wrote:
BigC92 wrote:So with this mod, this will get rid of any placable on any map? If so, i can get rid of the storage shelter at the cows and put a garage in place of it.
Pretty sure it only affects ground texture. Like other placeables you can't site it directly over existing buildings or certain terrain (e.g. BGA concrete standing or roads) however you can overlap them if the centre of the GBG square is on ground which allows placeables. This is how I managed to clean up the chicken enclosure - you can't put a square directly in there like you can't place any buildings there but with the 25x25 square you can overlap it sufficiently to 'cut' all the grass. Like with the roller, all ground texture reverts to its original state so dirt paths, roads etc remain.
Explained perfectly. :biggrin2:
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

FarmerJimbob wrote:
Oh, so it just gets rid of the grass, ok i see, i thought it would get rid of everything that you set it on.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Looks like the update should be out today. It says console pending.
The liquid storage is in the same status. I'm pretty pumped about this one.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

bdbssb wrote:Looks like the update should be out today. It says console pending.
The liquid storage is in the same status. I'm pretty pumped about this one.
Well still says console decision.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

so it passes testing but has to have a final decision. I hope they say yes. which they should since we already have it.
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

lefe1 wrote:so it passes testing but has to have a final decision. I hope they say yes. which they should since we already have it.
Odd grass says live again and the liquid says testing (0)days
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Huh weird
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Zx6ram

Post by Zx6ram »

Just tried using the grass be gone mod and i just lost everything i did for 3hrs cuz i couldnt sell it back to clear the ground was on who dat who der map *censored* got to start over getting all my silage back
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

Yeah, that's what the update is gonna fix.
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

Zx6ram wrote:Just tried using the grass be gone mod and i just lost everything i did for 3hrs cuz i couldnt sell it back to clear the ground was on who dat who der map *censored* got to start over getting all my silage back
Too late for you now but I think if you'd saved the game and uninstalled the mod that would have got rid of the GBG squares for you. I'm guessing you'd placed more than 1? I've been doing 1 at a time and the mod has worked fine, actually it's worked really well for some areas I've needed clearing.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Hoping that liquid storage passes soon.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .