Blender Question

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
ClassicTractors

Blender Question

Post by ClassicTractors »

I am working on a 6ft tow behind brush hog and have a question. The back of the mower is curved. How do I model a curve in Blender? I have tried a Bezier Curve but it curves the entire cube instead of just the back part. Thanks!!
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
TSM

Re: Blender Question

Post by TSM »

this should send you in right direction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4qyUZBVEDw
ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

Tycoonspaceman wrote:this should send you in right direction https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4qyUZBVEDw
I will try that! Thank you!
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
DarthCain

Post by DarthCain »

Ok, so maybe this will help you, I'm not really sure what you're trying to do with a curve to model it, but this may help.

So, first you create a Bezier curve, and edit it to have the desired curve. Move one end to the "origin" of the curve.

Then add a simple plain at one end of said curve, where origin is.

Add an "array modifier to the plane, set to "Fit Curve," and use your recently created curve's object name, as the curve you want to follow, in this case it was "BezierCurve.001"

Then add a "Curve" modifier to the plane as well, and define the Object as your Curves name.

After you Add the Modifiers to the plane, as long as you don't apply them, you can freely change the Curve's path, and the plane will follow. Sometimes you may need to rotate your plane, or change the deformation axis on the curve to get the plain to array in the correct side out, that you desire.