Creating a map for consoles...

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Kyle22H

Creating a map for consoles...

Post by Kyle22H »

Am I to download either GCV or Sosnovka and clear everything out to create a map to be submitted for console or will a custom starter map such as the NLD Farmers start map work? I've heard that certain maps give errors that cannot be fixed when submitting for console. Is there a "starter map for console" I just want to make sure I start out in the right direction so any insight would be much appreciated. I have also researched this topic and couldn't find anything solid enough to go on so I thought asking here would be best but if this is a silly question and it does not belong here let me know and I will get rid of it.
Thanks in advance! *thumbsup*
Playing on Xbox One and PC (Not cool enough to play both at the same time though) Fendt everything
BigC92

Re: Creating a map for consoles...

Post by BigC92 »

You'll need to make it from scratch.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Somethingonmyshoe2 or bsm could give you a solid answer or maybe some tips.
Showdizzle

Post by Showdizzle »

Sign up on PC-SG or FS-UK for help with modding. All you will get on this site is prepubescent ramblings.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

@Kyle22H: In case you don't have experience with modding yet I'll recommend to have a look at the resources in the following post to get a better Idea about what you'll get into: viewtopic.php?f=897&t=116618&hilit=dummies#p907153

Please also keep in mind that there are some special requirements to get a mod or map published on consoles. Therefore I'd recommend to register on the official Giants ModHub and then have a look at the guidelines for publishing mods there.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules