Estancia Lapacho

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
fenixguy

Re: Estancia Lapacho

Post by fenixguy »

muzickmage wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pmI am willing to listen to your argument explaining to me why the Estancia map is "worth money" vs the FREE modded maps.
Like I said, the 2 or 3 pieces of equipment that I use from the pack were well worth the price of a 6 pack and a pizza to me. Let me be clear about the map... It looks good, I enjoy it for the most part, it's something different, and it helps to bring the FS experience to other parts of the world that were not represented before. Would I have bought it (just the map) for $15? (or however much it was) No, I would not have. I wouldn't have bought any Giants maps ever. That doesn't make them all garbage, it just means that I don't find value in their maps the way I do in mod maps. We seem to agree on this point.

It does seem though since you find the map unsuitable that we're supposed to agree with you and surround Giants' headquarters with torches and pitchforks. I'm not sure what you're wanting us to do. :hmm: Anyway, enjoy whatever map you play on. I hope it brings you what you're looking for. TVTOF has ticked most of my proverbial boxes for what I was wanting in an FS17 map. I'm sure some people think it's garbage. Others might think it's meh. That doesn't bother me a bit. It's not perfect, or anything, but I enjoy playing on it.

I think you've expressed your opinion quite well and further tearing into other's opinions and asking us to "explain why it's worth the money" is going completely off the rails. It's not up to me or anyone to explain to you what you should spend your money on. That's not why I started this thread.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:49 pm My argument is that maps are a personal preference and that is subjective - you can't necessarily argue it based on definitive attributes. Things that I like about Giants maps others will cite as their major objections and things I don't like about modded maps other people will be prepared to overlook. Point is that doesn't mean a map is poor in quality terms and not worth someone's time to play.

It could be argued that Estancia was actually a free map just bundled in with the Sugar Cane DLC - we didn't get a map with either the Kuhn or Big Bud DLCs but people still bought those. If there had been no map though no doubt everyone would have moaned that its unrealistic to farm sugar cane in the existing environments of the game.

I would also just point out that you are arguing from a PC perspective, the landscape of mods for consoles is very different. Estancia was required to work across all platforms.
You and I are obviously reviewing the map from 2 different perspectives. And that is absolutely a fair argument on your part. An argument I will respect. If someone prefers to play Estancia .... despite the alternatives.... that's their freedom of right, as well as it's their freedom of right to like the map as well. I completely agree with you.

My argument doesn't address that side of the equation... but rather reviews the idea of playing options vs playing options.

Like I said. We are reviewing the map from 2 different perspectives.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:51 pm
muzickmage wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:37 pmI am willing to listen to your argument explaining to me why the Estancia map is "worth money" vs the FREE modded maps.
Like I said, the 2 or 3 pieces of equipment that I use from the pack were well worth the price of a 6 pack and a pizza to me. Let me be clear about the map... It looks good, I enjoy it for the most part, it's something different, and it helps to bring the FS experience to other parts of the world that were not represented before. Would I have bought it (just the map) for $15? (or however much it was) No, I would not have. I wouldn't have bought any Giants maps ever. That doesn't make them all garbage, it just means that I don't find value in their maps the way I do in mod maps. We seem to agree on this point.

It does seem though since you find the map unsuitable that we're supposed to agree with you and surround Giants' headquarters with torches and pitchforks. I'm not sure what you're wanting us to do. :hmm: Anyway, enjoy whatever map you play on. I hope it brings you what you're looking for. TVTOF has ticked most of my proverbial boxes for what I was wanting in an FS17 map. I'm sure some people think it's garbage. Others might think it's meh. That doesn't bother me a bit. It's not perfect, or anything, but I enjoy playing on it.

I think you've expressed your opinion quite well and further tearing into other's opinions and asking us to "explain why it's worth the money" is going completely off the rails. It's not up to me or anyone to explain to you what you should spend your money on. That's not why I started this thread.
If you'll notice... I made 1 post offering my opinion. Since then, every other posts I offered was my being placed in a position to defend that opinion. I have only posted (after the initial post) to reply to posts which addressed me personally.

Amidst those posts a couple people posted and said they like the map. I didn't bother them at all. They are free to like whatever they want. I'm not trying to get people to think or feel anything. I only posted my opinion, and since, trying to defend that opinion.
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

So we agree to disagree, I can see that Estancia wouldn't be some people's idea of an enjoyable map but equally you can appreciate that I and others like it. I only dispute that people say it lacks quality - there is a lot to the map (like the completely new vegetation throughout) that has clearly taken a lot of development time and effort. It is sparse compared to some mod maps but to me that can be a positive. Its also a bit unfair, as I say, to consider it a payware map since really the DLC was about the equipment and there's easily a comparative amount of equipment in there to judge against the previous DLCs without the map. Given what we are afforded now (even on consoles) with mod maps to suit our own individual gameplay style Giants are on a hiding to nothing with any maps they release.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:10 pm I only dispute that people say it lacks quality - there is a lot to the map (like the completely new vegetation throughout) that has clearly taken a lot of development time and effort.
Don't forget that groundbreaking Barbies Playhouse... Bet you all have spent a LOT of time in there in sheer wonderment at the collection of preserves in the pantry and the time that Giants misspent in adding value to THAT map.

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:31 pm
FarmerJimbob wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:10 pm I only dispute that people say it lacks quality - there is a lot to the map (like the completely new vegetation throughout) that has clearly taken a lot of development time and effort.
Don't forget that groundbreaking Barbies Playhouse... Bet you all have spent a LOT of time in there in sheer wonderment at the collection of preserves in the pantry and the time that Giants misspent in adding value to THAT map.
Less time than you've spent posting criticisms about it on here. Modders get lauded for their efforts on little details like that regardless of how pointless they may be.
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

I was thinking the same thing jimbob^^^. If I don't like something I don't go around saying how bad it is constantly. actually I don't say anything. just leave it alone.
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:05 pm Less time than you've spent posting criticisms about it on here.

exactly...you walked through it once and never went back inside...exactly why it was such a f*** waste of creative hours.. thanks for proving my point...

and lefe1...not voicing ones opinion doesn't change anything

have a great weekend..!!

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

it's one thing in having an opinion. but when you keep ramming it down everyones throat, it not an opinion anymore.

Old-an-Slow

Post by Old-an-Slow »

FarmerJimbob wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:05 pmModders get lauded for their efforts on little details like that regardless of how pointless they may be.
That's so true. Games can have things in them that are there just for... wait for it... FUN. Mod maps are full of details that are totally frivolous for playing the game but I'm glad they took the time on them. Same for Giants on Estancia. The map has plenty of game innovations that are probably going to become standard in 2019 so I think it's well done as far as game play. The fun stuff is good, too.
Farming on PS5
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

the map had game innovations.???...oh....hahahaha... please do list them

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

cr41g_1965 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:33 pm game innovations....oh....hahahaha... please do list them
1. Removable shrubs
2. Pickles???
C. :confusednew:
IV. New bird sounds
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

removable shrubs.... pretty sure that wasn't a Giants innovation...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

It was the first map with it on consoles (that I've played, I could be wrong). The only thing close is BSM's removable hedge rows which work the same way.

Anyway, my post was intended to be humorous but that was unfortunately lost in your continuous quest for negativity in this thread. Again, we get it, you don't like EL. *thumbsup* This game is fun for me and if there is a map that I don't like, I don't waste my time with it. In the game or on the forums. But that's just me.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

fenixguy wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:09 pm It was the first map with it on consoles (that I've played, I could be wrong). The only thing close is BSM's removable hedge rows which work the same way.

Anyway, my post was intended to be humorous but that was unfortunately lost in your continuous quest for negativity in this thread. Again, we get it, you don't like EL. *thumbsup* This game is fun for me and if there is a map that I don't like, I don't waste my time with it. In the game or on the forums. But that's just me.
Ok, now i'm confused.

..... You create a thread titled "Estancia Lepacho"
..... You agree with my comments concerning the map being of non interest
..... Then add that you don't spend time in game/on forum that involves maps you don't like

While at the same time, I have to wonder (as you did request "thoughts") if you were maybe thinking, or hoping that all posted comments were going to be in compliment to the E.L. map.

Personally, I see this thread leading in the direction of a one-sided argument. If you like the map you can speak against people's opinion's all you want without being accused of trying to control people's opinions. But if you don't like the map then your comments are accused of being..... of derailment, of fighting, and characteristic of someone who prefers to cause trouble.

While at the same time, people can post positive comments till the cows come home... and nothing is said. I made a few comments.... most in defense of my initial post, and I receive 2 replies explaining "we get it.... you don't like the map".

Being that my opinion isn't in favor of the map does that mean I am limited to x amount of posts? Did I exceed my limit?