Use of mud in my map

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
masseyharris

Use of mud in my map

Post by masseyharris »

I've been working on an update of my Broxton map, and amongst other improvements I've added scripts for mud, and also for different starter fields and equipment depending on the difficulty level chosen.

But what is the score with regard to permission for using these scripts?

I have tried to pm Decker_MMIV who I believe was responsible for a lot of the script code, but it looks like he has not been active on the forum since August.

I don't like to include others' work unless I get permission or give proper credit, so can anyone please tell me how to contact Decker_MMIV please.

TSM

Re: Use of mud in my map

Post by TSM »

you have more chance getting Decker on FS-UK.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

ok, thanks I'll try there :)
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Message left on FS-UK, but it looks like he was last there in August, same as this forum.
I hope maybe he will get an email that a message has been left for him.
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

OK, I had a reply from Decker_MMIV & he kindly permitted me to use his starter field scripts, but I still need to contact Igor29381 about the mud mod.
Does anyone know how I can contact him please? I cannot find him listed here or at FSUK.
TSM

Post by TSM »

I can't find forum with him on either although judging by number of maps with mud mod on I would say as long as you give him credits it would be fine to use it in your mod.

Most modders will only get annoyed, if you use their work and give no credit or pass it off as your own work or take payment for it. :)
masseyharris

Post by masseyharris »

Yes, I was thinking the same. If I can't find him, I will definitely make sure to clearly give credit.
Thanks for replying :)