is it possible to have more than one folding animation in FS17?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
TSM

is it possible to have more than one folding animation in FS17?

Post by TSM »

Been working with BBmodding on an issue his hooklift mod has lift axle and hooklift both are considered folding and as such even with a seperate key for the lift axle the game still uses the base key X and use's it for both animations.

I got them to work seperately using Xento's animation.lua script but in the case of that it refuses to add button info to help menu, it would also be possible to use the triaxle.lua but that method means the wheels end up with no collsion.

Been trying to get this thing sorted since Sunday and decided to ask here, BBmodding also asked on Giants GDN.

Also sent Xentro an email on his site but as I hear he now works on cattle and crops I am guessing he is done with Farming Simulator.
Aranea

Re: is it possible to have more than one folding animation in FS17?

Post by Aranea »

as for a secondary folding, thats not possible with basegame scripts.

the first thing i could offer would be to use the cover script for the liftaxle, however this does not allow for custom help text translations (will always say "close /open cover" )
and im not sure if the wheel collisions would update - which could be avoided anyway by moving those a bit higher than the top position of the actuall wheels, since the wheel radius will collide with the ground anyway. the collision boxes are more used to the sideways collision of the wheel width...

another idea for the liftaxle would be to make use of the basegame function "lift /lower implement" like in raising the 3-point linkage for cultivators and stuff
but to make an lifting animation, which then moves the axle ..... i think i had something like that for a mod in FS15 and it worked great.
this way you could use the typeDesc of the Hooklift Trailer to translate to "liftaxle" instead of trailer and the help text window should read something like "raise liftaxle / lower liftaxle "
MfG
die Spinne :hi:
FS modder & scripter
quality modding and support since 2012
viewtopic.php?f=884&t=115656
TSM

Re: is it possible to have more than one folding animation in FS17?

Post by TSM »

@Aranea bit late to the party we found away around it by using another script but thanks for the response.