How do it get started making mods and submit for console

Shakedown

How do it get started making mods and submit for console

Post by Shakedown »

How do i get started. What do i have to download.

Edit don_apple: moved from the FS15 to the FS17 Modding section since mods can only be created for the console versions for FS17.
don_apple

Re: How do it get started making mods and submit for console

Post by don_apple »

You'll need the latest version of the Giants Editor (available at the Giants Developer Network (GDN): https://gdn.giants-software.com) and a good text editor that can properly handle XML files (on Windows you can use Notepad++: https://notepad-plus-plus.org).

If you haven't done any modding before I'd recommend to have a look a the following on GDN that might help you to learn how to Mod:

- the video tutorials: https://gdn.giants-software.com/videoTutorials2.php
- the script documentation: https://gdn.giants-software.com/documentation.php

If you create an account on GDN you will also get access to the Download section, where amongst other stuff you can also download the 'Modding for Dummies' book (called 'Modding eBook PDF') which provides some useful information as well.

Please keep in mind that there are some special requirements to get a mod or map published on consoles. Therefore I'd recommend to register on the official Giants ModHub and then have a look at the guidelines for publishing mods there.

Edit: forgot to mention that you also neeed some 3D rendering program like Maya or Blender (https://www.blender.org/) if you want to create your own models of machines.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
TSM

Post by TSM »

should also point out you cannt use Giants models and edit them for console.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

don_apple, nice job. That is a very comprehensive reply.
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Thanks, glad you found it useful. I've pinned this thread so that others who have the same question can easily find it.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
jslinger101

Post by jslinger101 »

Tycoonspaceman wrote:should also point out you cannt use Giants models and edit them for console.
Is this all Giants models from Farming Simulator 13, Farming Simulator 15, and Farming Simulator 17 models that you cannot edit and submit for console? or just Farming Simulator 17 models?
TSM

Post by TSM »

as far as i am aware no giants model edits will be accepted on consoles, they haven't said anything offically but if you look at all the mods with beta tags on modhub you will see most of them are giants model edits.
jslinger101

Post by jslinger101 »

Tycoonspaceman wrote:as far as i am aware no giants model edits will be accepted on consoles, they haven't said anything offically but if you look at all the mods with beta tags on modhub you will see most of them are giants model edits.
Ah gotcha, I was hoping there was an official link saying that, or a post or something that said that no giant model edits will be accepted on console. The reason I ask is they have a Krone Big M500 under the PS4/XB1 section of the Giants modhub and it says it is a beta, as well it says the original model was from giants in FS13. I would like to know prior to me brining a few of my mods over as well as possibly converting a bunch of FS13 & FS15 giant models over to FS17.

Hopefully there is an official document out there that can shed some light on this matter.
TSM

Post by TSM »

I would say go for it anyway modding part is the fun part :)
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

jslinger101 wrote:
Tycoonspaceman wrote:as far as i am aware no giants model edits will be accepted on consoles, they haven't said anything offically but if you look at all the mods with beta tags on modhub you will see most of them are giants model edits.
Ah gotcha, I was hoping there was an official link saying that, or a post or something that said that no giant model edits will be accepted on console. The reason I ask is they have a Krone Big M500 under the PS4/XB1 section of the Giants modhub and it says it is a beta, as well it says the original model was from giants in FS13. I would like to know prior to me brining a few of my mods over as well as possibly converting a bunch of FS13 & FS15 giant models over to FS17.

Hopefully there is an official document out there that can shed some light on this matter.

I think you can convert Giants models, just not edit them
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I suspect that they do not publish "Rules", because they judge each mod on merit. If they publish "Rules", then everyone who doesn't get on modhub or on consoles becomes a whining lawyer about the rules.

If you are just starting out, make the mod for yourself. Don't do it with the expectation of getting on modhub or on consoles. And consoles is a much higher bar.
Meatballs600

Post by Meatballs600 »

Dogface wrote:I suspect that they do not publish "Rules", because they judge each mod on merit. If they publish "Rules", then everyone who doesn't get on modhub or on consoles becomes a whining lawyer about the rules.

If you are just starting out, make the mod for yourself. Don't do it with the expectation of getting on modhub or on consoles. And consoles is a much higher bar.
Someone remade the krone big m and it's on console but it's only a beta. And if you make I beta, from what I've seen you will be lucky if it makes it to console cause ther are like only 3 or 4 beta mods on console
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

That's interesting. I mistakenly thought "Beta" meant it was not on console.
jslinger101

Post by jslinger101 »

Dogface wrote:That's interesting. I mistakenly thought "Beta" meant it was not on console.
Agreed with what you are saying Dogface.

Below is number 5 item listed in the ModHub Guidelines English - v2.3 (07/25/2017)

5 Console Mods
Teams/Modder can bring Non-Beta mods to console after approval of Giants Software.

I guess Giants have have certain modders they make exceptions for, and the person who released the Big M must be one of them.

Oh well, wonder why they publish guidelines, when the creators of the guidelines do not follow them.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

However if its a very good mod then they allow it