BSM 3-point Tipper Update!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
redglasses

Re: BSM 3-point Tipper Update!

Post by redglasses »

Wasn't it stable before the update?
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Blacksheep-Modding

Post by Blacksheep-Modding »

redglasses wrote:Wasn't it stable before the update?
Watch the video to see the difference ;)
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

lol. Yup, that might be a little unstable. BEFORE looks like a lot of fun tho.
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

I think it SHOULD behave as the first one. It seems unrealistic to expect to carry bales that high and not have them try to tip over and fall out or tip the tractor, even with the straps on. As for the very first part of tipping, you just need to be a bit smooth on the control when tipping. It took me a while to get the hang of it but I would still prefer the original tipper to the more "stable " version.

The more stable version make the game and tool seem more like a game and less like a simulation. It is called farming simulator after all right?

Jim
Blacksheep-Modding

Diggity wrote:I think it SHOULD behave as the first one. It seems unrealistic to expect to carry bales that high and not have them try to tip over and fall out or tip the tractor, even with the straps on. As for the very first part of tipping, you just need to be a bit smooth on the control when tipping. It took me a while to get the hang of it but I would still prefer the original tipper to the more "stable " version.

The more stable version make the game and tool seem more like a game and less like a simulation. It is called farming simulator after all right?

Jim
Tell that to the community who complain about the malfunction ;)
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

Ya, I understand. Seem to see lots of videos of late with three semi trailer loads of hale bales stacked five high and the like. Not a lot of realistic players it seems?

Thanks for your attention and whatever you decide I'm good with it, thanks for the effort!

Jim
Blacksheep-Modding

Exactly I have to please everyone and found the just middle.

in any case there will be an update with much less weight
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I was more of a fan of this thing before the update. I mean I have to agree with diggity, I find it unrealistic to be able to load that many bale and not have the thing fall over. The same thing happend with the 850 hook, people not playing it how they should be (taking turns to fast) then you having to change it. By no means is this your fault, its the people who use it unrealistically. Its like saying people hate a milk shake because they want it to taste like a fruit smoothie :lol:
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

The new update is nice! Thanks for the work! (I am getting used to the tip control change also) ji
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

what was the change to the tip control ? does it go right over or is it still portional ?

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

The first update changed the tip from proportional to up/down. It used to be proportional with the joystick. I'm in PS4
cr41g_1965

Post by cr41g_1965 »

I will leave mine as is then...

Farming Simulator 76

playing RDR2
lefe1

Post by lefe1 »

love the new update on the 3point tipper and it's not as heavy so small tractors can still use it

Mydamnwell

Post by Mydamnwell »

It's basically two steps back and one forward. Really miss the variable tipping angle.
Console pleb [PS4]
Diggity

Post by Diggity »

Mydamnwell wrote:It's basically two steps back and one forward. Really miss the variable tipping angle.
I agree, I can get used to the on/off tip control but I can't help wonder why it was changed? My suspicion is there is something in the new upcoming map that required this change so it functions with some other new tool or product that we haven't seen yet. The thing I miss about the proportional control is that you used to be able to tip up halfway, see under the box and adjust your position by moving the tractor a bit, and then finish tipping/unloading the box.