FDR Logging charging for mods.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Guil

Re: FDR Logging charging for mods.

Post by Guil »

Who says I ignored it? Can you see any PM's that are sent? Deleting this post will do just that, Do you want me to delete every post they have on the forum to please you?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

I know this is an old post but just for closure...

Here is the latest from the FDR Logging patreon page...

===============
-- DISCLAIMER ---
===============

Giants Rules and Regulations forbid modders from charging money for mods, I personally have seen dozens of people on Patreon getting money for private farming simulator modding so im assuming Giants are not pursuing this rule actively but that doesn't make it ok its still breaking the rules.

So to counter this, every 3 months I will be releasing a Public Mod Pack for FDR Logging via Youtube. This will allow me to still collect donations from supporters for more models and continued projects while also releasing the mods publicly in the future and not technically breaking the rules and guidelines of Giants.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
FDR_Logging

Post by FDR_Logging »

This has been brought to my attention by other members, yes FDR Logging is now Patreon for donation in order to help purchase new stuff.

No i have not gone entirely private as this is against the rules and I've known that since the beginning, but I am however allowing access to early mods to my Patreons who are giving me valuable testing feedback in the creation process.

The mods are coming out in packs every few months after all the beta testing is complete as ive stated numerous times first pack to be released Feb/2018

Nobody is forced to pay for mods as they are all free eventually, but I alone cannot afford to pay modelers to build new stuff at the rates they ask, so in turn Patreon members donate money and we are able to pool it to cover costs of newly built stuff. I still put in hundreds of hours and my own cash into all this stuff as I always have and don't pay myself a dime so please don't think FDR Logging is some big greedy rich cooperation because im not, im one guy trying to provide cool stuff for thousands of awesome logging fans.

If you disagree with what im doing, don't contribute and don't download the mods.

If you have any further questions please email me at fdreviews@gmail.com and ill be happy to answer your concerns.
Free FDR Logging Mod Downloads - (https://goo.gl/ACG621)
Subscribe Free And Win Monthly Prizes! - (https://goo.gl/VBBtwk)
Come Chat on The FDR Logging Discord! - (https://goo.gl/G5nxEZ)
Trace Smith

Post by Trace Smith »

FDR_Logging wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:33 am This has been brought to my attention by other members, yes FDR Logging is now Patreon for donation in order to help purchase new stuff.

No i have not gone entirely private as this is against the rules and I've known that since the beginning, but I am however allowing access to early mods to my Patreons who are giving me valuable testing feedback in the creation process.

The mods are coming out in packs every few months after all the beta testing is complete as ive stated numerous times first pack to be released Feb/2018

Nobody is forced to pay for mods as they are all free eventually, but I alone cannot afford to pay modelers to build new stuff at the rates they ask, so in turn Patreon members donate money and we are able to pool it to cover costs of newly built stuff. I still put in hundreds of hours and my own cash into all this stuff as I always have and don't pay myself a dime so please don't think FDR Logging is some big greedy rich cooperation because im not, im one guy trying to provide cool stuff for thousands of awesome logging fans.

If you disagree with what im doing, don't contribute and don't download the mods.

If you have any further questions please email me at fdreviews@gmail.com and ill be happy to answer your concerns.
I agree with what your doing
PS4
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Modding takes a lot of time. Time to learn how to make mods. Time to make the 3D models, time to research the tractor/implement, time to in-game the models, time to get the mod packaged.

Players love mods and use mods. Players want more mods. But players have a perverse resistance to paying modders for the time they have put into making these mods.

Time is money.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

i really dont see what everyone is getting so bent out of shape about anyway.. its giants problem for one.. and for 2.. no offence to anyone who likes them but fdr equipment is rubbish.. the textures on all his equipment r garbage.. they handle like garbage.. and dont get me started on the rubberbanding on his stuff.. its all garbage.. there r sooooooo many talented modders out there many of whom upload right to the giants hub and even interact with us on here.. with so many amazing mods already to choose from and so many more planned for the future, anyone who is intellectually challenged enough to pay for the fdr garbage deserves to be ripped off.. giants should be the ones stepping up to say something.. if for no other reason than because he is tarnishing an otherwise good game with stuff that looks and handles like the plastic tonka trucks that they replaced the metal ones from my childhood with and making money off said garbage.. now go ahead fdr fans.. get out your pitchforks.. im ready :coolnew:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
TSM

Post by TSM »

*thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup*
FordFarmer97

Post by FordFarmer97 »

*thumbsup* :this:
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
krisjo01

Post by krisjo01 »

For every month or so, he will be uploading a pack with every single mod for free
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I know this is a dead topic but last I heard giants apparently hired a legal team to go after people (modders) that are using paid subscription programs to release mods
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

redglasses wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:47 pm I know this is a dead topic but last I heard giants apparently hired a legal team to go after people (modders) that are using paid subscription programs to release mods
This has been confirm directly from giants to FDR Logging. Because of this new enforcement FDR no longer has beta mods behind a patreon subscription.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries