Adding snowmask on a map, problem

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
skogseide

Adding snowmask on a map, problem

Post by skogseide »

Hi all.

I'm adding snowmask to the map Silvercrest valley.

First time I did this, it was all good. Added the mask to the structures etc, added mask to the structures I built in the game and so on.

Now, second time I'm doing this to improve the mask, none of the structures I built in the game shows up. My old snowmask is gone in the Editor etc.

In game, my structures are all there, the snowmask is all there.

So. I unzipped the map I wanted to edit again. Followed the instructions, but when I open the map in the Editor, the mask is gone and none of my structures I built inside the game is showing.

First time it was all good, but this time it is not.

What am I doing wrong this time?

In advance, thanks for all the help.

Best Regards, Skogseide
ThaFarmer

Re: Adding snowmask on a map, problem

Post by ThaFarmer »

skogseide wrote:Hi all.

First time I did this, it was all good. Added the mask to the structures etc, added mask to the structures I built in the game and so on.

Now, second time I'm doing this to improve the mask, none of the structures I built in the game shows up. My old snowmask is gone in the Editor etc.

So. I unzipped the map I wanted to edit again. Followed the instructions, but when I open the map in the Editor, the mask is gone and none of my structures I built inside the game is showing.

Best Regards, Skogseide
So I guess it's about the seasons mod...

Also, have you followed all the [url-https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... ding/maps/]realismus' guide[/url] and [urlhttps://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/seasons/m ... asons-mask]masking/de-masking instructions[/url] step by step?
Maybe you forgot or skipped a step without knowing (happened to me once)...
I did edit the mask of the map I'm playing on at least twice in the past and re-edited for the latest update, and had no problems...

About your strutctures not showing(I guess they show in the game) in the editor, I've got this problem once, I had forgot to update the location of a building's dds file(s) in the map's i3d... I hadn't the editor's error window showing first, once I opened it I noticed the errors...
Tho usually this problem should have the editor giving error, in some case(I can't remember exactly, was a while ago), it isn't giving error...
Checking the map's i3d file in Notepad++ often reveals the problem...
But still, it could be something else(I doubt it, tho, there's no magic in this game), I've got some knowledge but no expert yet...

If all of the above doesn't help, I'm sorry...

For more advanced help on your mask problem, I think you could "pm" one of the realismus team members:
reallogger
Rahkiin

Or post in the ModHub mods bug-reports

Good luck
skogseide

Post by skogseide »

ThaFarmer wrote:

Best Regards, Skogseide

Also, have you followed all the [url-https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... ding/maps/]realismus' guide[/url] and [urlhttps://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/seasons/m ... asons-mask]masking/de-masking instructions[/url] step by step?
I did edit the mask of the map I'm playing on at least twice in the past and re-edited for the latest update, and had no problems...

About your strutctures not showing(I guess they show in the game) in the editor, I've got this problem once, I had forgot to update the location of a building's dds file(s) in the map's i3d... I hadn't the editor's error window showing first, once I opened it I noticed the errors...
Tho usually this problem should have the editor giving error, in some case(I can't remember exactly, was a while ago), it isn't giving error...
But still, it could be something else(I doubt it, tho, there's no magic in this game), I've got some knowledge but no expert yet...

For more advanced help on your mask problem, I think you could "pm" one of the realismus team members:
reallogger
Rahkiin

Good luck
Thank you for your reply! :)

There have been some progress since I posted though.

I managed to open up the map in the editor, the old snowmask I put on the map earlier are showing correctly now. The only problem now is that in the editor, the buildings I bought in the game and placed is not showing. While in the game they are there.

The editor doesnt give me any errors when I open it up.

I know how to open the map's i3d file in notepad, but I do not know how to locate whats missing and how to correct it. Any help is appreciate, and again thank you kindly! :)
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

The buildings you buy in game won't show up in the .i3d file. The i3d just shows the base map, nothing that you added in game.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
ThaFarmer

Post by ThaFarmer »

Smith Modding wrote:The buildings you buy in game won't show up in the .i3d file. The i3d just shows the base map, nothing that you added in game.
+1 on this... If I had read correctly(or in fact had waited to reply later, hadn't finished my 1rst morning coffee, :shock: ) I would've answered the same thing...
skogseide wrote:
ThaFarmer wrote:

Best Regards, Skogseide

reallogger
Rahkiin

Good luck
Thank you for your reply! :)

There have been some progress since I posted though.

I managed to open up the map in the editor, the old snowmask I put on the map earlier are showing correctly now. The only problem now is that in the editor, the buildings I bought in the game and placed is not showing. While in the game they are there.

The editor doesnt give me any errors when I open it up.

I know how to open the map's i3d file in notepad, but I do not know how to locate whats missing and how to correct it. Any help is appreciate, and again thank you kindly! :)
skogseide

Post by skogseide »

Smith Modding wrote:The buildings you buy in game won't show up in the .i3d file. The i3d just shows the base map, nothing that you added in game.
That is strange, cause they were there the first time I added the snowmask. I know that for a fact, for the winter came, and the snow wasn't inside those placeable buildings.

Anyway, this is all new to me, so I trust you guys. :) Thank you all for helping and answering my thread here, happy farming! :)
Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

Glad I could help!
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10