How to add sugarcane to map mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
leone98

How to add sugarcane to map mod

Post by leone98 »

Hello, i saq how to add a sugarcane into mod msps thamks, excuse me for my english
bdbssb

Re: How to add sugarcane to map mod

Post by bdbssb »

I'm looking for an easier way, however I just exported a new mod sample map after the update, then I deleted everything but the sun and terrain. Then I exported everything from my map but the terrain and sun. I imported it to the new map, copied all my map01 files, mod desc, map01.xml ext....
Then the only extra think I had to do was add my additional fruits back in however I had to mess with the density bits. With the help of mavericks tinkering.
You now want
Haulm 10,1
If u use the old setting the sugarcane more than likely won't grow back correctly.
tom5051
Boardurlaub/Boardholidays

Post by tom5051 »

Sugar Cane is a pain in the ass to harvest. Grew it once and decided it wasn't worth the hassle.
Delete the stupid platinum sugar cane pack and enjoy the game.
leone98

Post by leone98 »

ok thanks bdbssb,
Bdbssb you make a tutotrial into youtube with title" with how to insert a sugarcane" with various step thanks
Shadow_ASP

Post by Shadow_ASP »

bdbssb wrote:I'm looking for an easier way, however I just exported a new mod sample map after the update, then I deleted everything but the sun and terrain. Then I exported everything from my map but the terrain and sun. I imported it to the new map, copied all my map01 files, mod desc, map01.xml ext....
Then the only extra think I had to do was add my additional fruits back in however I had to mess with the density bits. With the help of mavericks tinkering.
You now want
Haulm 10,1
If u use the old setting the sugarcane more than likely won't grow back correctly.
Would you please be so kind to make step-by-step list?
I tried to wrap my head around it and the videos using addadditionalmaptypes, but no luck :frown:
Would love to just add Sugarcane to the Horsch Agrovation map.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

As has already been said,

If you wish to add sugarCane to a map you should do it by exporting the terrain only from 1 of the default maps. (Make sure you are running the latest patch/or have Platinum Edition)

Select and export the terrain only, and save it off into a new mod map folder:

Make new folder, and then new subfolder inside called "maps", export terrain to there and save .i3d, make sure the .i3d file has the same name as your current mod map.i3d.

Copy your modmaps map01 or map02 folder into the new mod map folder maps subfolder and overwrite the new one.

Load your old map up in GE then select the entire scenegraph except the terrain, and export it into your new mod map folder.

Load the new terrain/map.i3d file in GE, then import the .i3d file you did in the previous step.

Save off in GE. Run tipCollision script to make a new tipColLayer.grle file. Then save.

(Please note you will need to add back in any extra files to do with the map such as the moddesc, map.xml and the image files for the mod icon, map preview, PDA image etc.)

Also any changes to you made before to the map, custom foilage textures, edits to the map.i3d file, will need to be added back in.
Shadow_ASP

Post by Shadow_ASP »

BulletBill83 wrote:As has already been said,
Select and export the terrain only, and save it off into a new mod map folder:

Make new folder, and then new subfolder inside called "maps", export terrain to there and save .i3d, make sure the .i3d file has the same name as your current mod map.i3d.
I opened up "map01" (\Farming Simulator 17\data\maps\map01), clicked "terrain" from the scenegraph and chose "Export with files"
to a new destination (knezmost\maps\).
Copy your modmaps map01 or map02 folder into the new mod map folder maps subfolder and overwrite the new one.
I copied the map01 folder from FS17_horschAgrovation\maps\ to knezmost\maps\ and overwriting same files.
Load your old map up in GE then select the entire scenegraph except the terrain, and export it into your new mod map folder.
When I select "Export with files" and save them to a separate location there are quite a few (but far from all) texture-files that it cannot copy. I copy those manually.
Load the new terrain/map.i3d file in GE, then import the .i3d file you did in the previous step.
Now I see the Gold Crest ground with objects from Knezmost/Horsch Agrovation.

I think I need a step-by-step list for properly exporting the data from Knezmost.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Check the Knezmost map you want to add sugarCane to doesn't use the map02 folder instead for all the density files.

It all depends on what default map was used originally to make it.

map01 only is from GCV if it has map02 as well this was from sosnovka instead.
Tigdag

Post by Tigdag »

bdbssb wrote: said...
You now want
Haulm 10,1
Could you please explain this in a little more detail?
Are these your FoliageSubLayer settings? If so, please elaberate a little.

Thanks in advance!
Shadow_ASP

Post by Shadow_ASP »

BulletBill83 wrote:Check the Knezmost map you want to add sugarCane to doesn't use the map02 folder instead for all the density files.

It all depends on what default map was used originally to make it.

map01 only is from GCV if it has map02 as well this was from sosnovka instead.
Knezmost only use map01.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

The map01 folder has the density files which tell the map what shape the terrain should be and where all the foliage is on the map and also the ground paint layers among others.
If its loading the GCV terrain then you didn't copy the mod maps density files across properly
Shadow_ASP

Post by Shadow_ASP »

BulletBill83 wrote: If its loading the GCV terrain then you didn't copy the mod maps density files across properly
What files or selections in GE do I copy/select?
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Everything in your mod maps map01 folder should be copied across to the new map.
Shadow_ASP

Post by Shadow_ASP »

I have a feeling I didnt export the data from Knezmost then.
I selected everything except terrain in the scenegraph and chose export with files but not parent dirs and saved to a separate folder not inside where I exported the GCV data. Then opened the GCV i3d (blank image with only terrain in scenegraph). Then I imported the Knezmosr i3d I recently exported into the "blank" GCV.
Is this the correct way? Should I export Knezmost directly into the GCV folder?
andrex1108

Post by andrex1108 »

Sorry for my English, I write through the translator. I did all the steps for adding sugar cane to the map of Knezmost. It opens in GE without errors but not loading in the game. The game sees it, but when starting a new career is an endless download. What are you doing wrong?