Wood Harvester Automation

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
W1der

Wood Harvester Automation

Post by W1der »

Thank you to the creator for sharing this!

Just tried it out and it is quite awesome.

Trying to find options to map the keys manually in the controls menu, but mine is cluttered with inputs (not able to locate them).
Possibly not available?
(Edit: I realized now that the mod is using the available "standard" keys for this mod. But as I have 10 different controller/devices "mapped", I would have preferred if this mod had added separate lines in the controls menu, for convenient mapping options. However I will probably be able to work around this by some new wiring and reprogramming of my devises. :chinese: )

I tried it in combinationwith the "manual cutting for wood harvester" mod and it seems to work fine together with it ... *thumbsup*
Would be nice if this feature was included in the Wood Harvester Automation "script" though ... :this:

I found an interesting thing with the "manual cutting for wood harvester" mod.
If you set the length to say 11m and press to feed ... but before making the cut, change the length to say 5m and then press to cut.
The tool will feed the log "backwards" and make the cut at 5m (however the animation is crazy fast and you risk having things "flying all over the place").

I am playing with the idea of if it is possible to accomplish a way to be able to feed the log back and forward in the tool (jut like in the rel harvester) with a realistic speed of the animation.
This would add a great deal of realism to the wood harvesters in this game and make it easier to create neat stacks for the "hauling crew" that comes in later to pick the logs up.
Hopefully the next version of this amazing mod/script will be updated with this feature ... :blushnew:

Edit: Kept playing with this and set the cut length to 0.1m.
With the "manual cutting for wood harvester" mod installed the tool made an "invisible" cut ... :this:
Edit: Does not work all the time though (sometimes a small "disk" is dropped on the ground).
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
fcelsa

Re: Wood Harvester Automation

Post by fcelsa »

Thank you W1der for your appreciation and feedback, I don't know when it's possible to work on wood harvester automation update, but your advice will be important for his evolution.

Have fun, and... remember to plant new trees on map! :lol:
fcelsa :: Team FSI Modding :: https://forum.farmingsimulatoritalia.com
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

What are you guys talking about?
Oh...
Wood Harvester Automation adds some automation to all wood harvester
https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2017
mikejl46

Post by mikejl46 »

Is anyone working on this for FS19, or is it history?
Morfius

Post by Morfius »

I almost created a new thread to ask the same - is it possible to convert it to FS19? I really liked the mod for FS17 :)
Eldo31

Post by Eldo31 »

yes, absolutely! This was one of my top 10 Must-Haves for FS17, Fcelsa, this one would be SOOOOOO appreciated if somehow brought to 19. A massive game changer, miss it dearly.
kenny456

Post by kenny456 »

You can check my new Real Wood Harvestet mod. It is possible to process tree forward and backward plus some other feautures:

https://farming-simulator.com/modHubBEM ... dId=193272
SimDala

Post by SimDala »

Really good work with the harvester automation.

Have you thought anything about adding possibility to switch length based on diameter of the current log?

I have noticed that the information in the cabin display in different harvesters acts different. Have you noticed this?

Some harvesters displays the current length left until you've reached the preset length instead of displaying current position on the tree.
Is it possible to change this?

An other suggestion would also be to add that when the harvester head is activated, the machine increases the rpm into working state, as real machines.

There are another mod with rpm that in some way tries to achive this, but have not yet reached the goal so to say.

But so far very good work and the possibility to manual delimb tree forward and backward is super!
SimDala

Post by SimDala »

kenny456 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:05 am You can check my new Real Wood Harvestet mod. It is possible to process tree forward and backward plus some other feautures:

Are you still developing Wood Harvester Automation? The forward and backward delimb and able to up/down tree length is great.

A suggestion for develop would be to implement similar functionality as in FS17 where it was possible to swich lengts depending on the thickness of the tree.

I know there is a mod WOOD HARVESTER MEASUREMENT V1.0.0.1 that's good, but in that mod you can chage the diameter to specify timber and pulpwood diameters but don't
change the according lengths.

It would be really nice to implement some kind of length and diameter matrix that gives a beep when going from timber to pulpwood.
jitrief

Post by jitrief »

kenny456 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:05 am You can check my new Real Wood Harvestet mod. It is possible to process tree forward and backward plus some other feautures:

will we have the real wood harvester mod for fs22 soon? I was disappointed that Giants did not improve the cutting process, it stresses me to harvest trees without controlling where the pieces fall
kenny456

Post by kenny456 »

jitrief wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:18 pm

will we have the real wood harvester mod for fs22 soon? I was disappointed that Giants did not improve the cutting process, it stresses me to harvest trees without controlling where the pieces fall
I will convert mod as soon as possible.