Courseplay devloper versions 5.200030+

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Pict

Courseplay devloper versions 5.200030+

Post by Pict »

Since Courseplay has included some new and welcome features in it recent developer versions 5.200029 and up, I figured it would be an idea to open a topic where we could discuss those features and how to get the most from them and share some knowledge and even maybe a course or two *thumbsup*

I've touched on this subject in another thread https://forum.giants-software.com/viewt ... 3&t=119963, but really felt it need a spot of it's own, so as not to derail the other topic any further.

What this is not...this is not a general Courseplay help or assistance thread, plenty of that already out there.

What this is...this is for discussing the new Courseplay features in their recent developer versions, as described by them in the mod modDesc.xml

- new option for course generation to bypass small islands in fields
- added support for sprayer Addon (with the friendly support of David FONTAINE)
- added combine convoy option
- turn maneuver for headland corners to avoid missing fruit
- added option to align to 1st waypoint in mode 2, 4 and 6
- added easy setup for multiple tools on one field work course
- support for Plantium Edition(Still Work In Progress)
- Bugfixes

Links
Coursplay http://courseplay.github.io/courseplay/en/index.html
github https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay
Sprayer Addon http://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?la ... tle=fs2017
FS17 Platinum Addon http://farming-simulator.com/dlc-detail ... 17platinum
Pict

Re: Courseplay devloper versions 5.200030+

Post by Pict »

IseOlen wrote:Can CP dev version properly solve fields like this:
Currently my solution has been "create so many headrows that the "tip of C" is fully covered. Otherwise CP tries to "cut" the corner while going back and forth. Sry, cannot explain it any better.
I think "pathfinding" logic would help. This is currently used for "empty combain" mode, where tractor tries to avoid unharvested part and instead of going straight to combain does a nice circle around the field.
So to kick of the new topic I will give you a better answer or at least a more full one.

I installed Downland farm and did a quick test with Courseplay dev version 5.200036 with 2 headlands, I figure you need at least 2 for such a field where you are fenced in and for the same reason the headlands need to be "smooth" not "turn" type, here is the result

It avoids cutting across open space like it used to, by hooking into the last headland, lifting the header and running from tip to tip of the "C" around that inner headland track...

However for some reason it didn't like the course with 2 headlands and the combine just ran into the wall at this point :confusednew:

So I did another test with 3 headlands and that worked :biggrin2: hard to show with a still picture, but here is the combine in transit around the inner headland with it's header lifted

I'd like to see it work with 2 headlands and will try and alter the staring point to see if that effects it...but as the straw add-on is out tomorrow and I had pre-ordered it, that test may be a while in happening. I could always plant wheat or Barley in the feild and test the straw add-on while I'm at it :lol:
Last edited by Pict on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I love Courseplay! It is not just a mod, it fundamentally changes the way I play the game.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

Thanks a lot!
The first one (2 headrows) I would classify as success (if it worked :) ). The 3-headrow variant is more "fill the tip of C" type - the official version already does that (might run with a raised header from last headrow point to first back-and-forth point).
I usually test with various starting points and number of headrows to minimize the "empty" running time.
Btw,
CP + Krone BigM don't like "run with raised header" sections - mowers are raised but not lowered again. I usually do "headrow last" on mowing because I like to send a pickup-wagon on the exact same course (grass-to-silage) and this way there is less waste afterwards. BigM actually also has problem with turn-around (see tip2).
Other CP tips:
1. change speeds that tractors are moving (sry - not with my gaming computer atm so might remember the names wrong) : turning speed, on field speed, backing up speed. I usually raise them to: 15, 32, 10kmh.
2. Some equipment works a lot better with changed turning radius. For ex: Amazon Condor 15001 default is 17m. Change it to 15m and see a difference on back-and-forth turns. Changing (increasing) turning radius also helps in case your tractor starts spinning endlessly on turnarounds. Sometimes (BigM) default turn-radius is rather small and the equipment starts in an angel after turn around. Increase turn radius until equipment is enforced to do 3-point turn.
3. in case fields a non-rectangular (so harvesters have to do several headrows), I sometimes also increase slightly tippers "offside"(?) - this way harvester and tipper will not collide as often on turns.

yeah, CP changes a lot. Instead of "I'm a tractor driver" you get to be "a manager" :)
Nordvarg

Post by Nordvarg »

Great topic. And already many great tips. Courseplay has certainly come a long way since I started using it in the early days of FS15.

I really hope the current CP team stays for a long time. They have done some really great things *thumbsup* Maybe it’s time Giants hires them? At least as freelance developers?

Just a friendly reminder: Don’t download Courseplay from other sites than Giants’ Modhub or the official Github (https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay). The team is updating CP almost on a daily basis. The versions you’ll find floating around on most other sites might be old, outdated and buggy betas…
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Anyone who would loves Courseplay can donate to the project and developers on their homepage.

https://courseplay.github.io/courseplay/index.html
Pict

Post by Pict »

IseOlen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:24 am Thanks a lot!...
...yeah, CP changes a lot. Instead of "I'm a tractor driver" you get to be "a manager" :)
Your welcome, thanks for the cool tips... Yes, that's how I see it too, more an ability to manage than just sit in a tractor, it really is a game changer for the better.

Gonna try a new starting point for that course...I tend to try and start at close to the field access as possible and that field has 3 of them, so there's still a good chance it can be made to work with 2 headlands :)
Nordvarg wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:00 am Great topic. And already many great tips.
Thanks, I'm glad it's gone down well. I'm no expert and already have learned much from this little exercise.

Like I mentioned above I'm currently having fun with the new Straw harvest addon *thumbsup* and will get back into courseplay shortly. I have already had some good success with the "bypass small islands in fields" feature and "multiple tools on one field" (which is way easier than before) and will post up some findings on that soon.

The "sprayer Addon" and "combine convoy option" I have yet to look at...so much good stuff on offer from Courseplay and around FS17 in general these days it's hard to keep up :hi: *thumbsup*
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

I have a dream... to be able to create (and save) sets of courses:
1. home_to_F1, Mode=transport;
2. F1_6m, Mode=work_on_field;
3. F1_to_F2, Mode=transport;
4. F2_6m, Mode=work_on_field;
5. F2_to_home, Mode=transport.

...so I can send my worker out with "cultivate fields 1 and 2 with 6m implement and come back".
hpmc13

Post by hpmc13 »

IseOlen wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm I have a dream... to be able to create (and save) sets of courses:
You might already have that ability, though I've never tried it. I think that you can append saved courses to one another. So, if you have the course for F1 end near the beginning of F2, CP might run though F1 then pop over to F2 and continue on. Again, I've never tried it, but it might be worth a shot.
Playing on PC
MountainFarmer

Post by MountainFarmer »

Not sure if feature suggestions are supposed to go here, but I would like to be able to tell courseplay which course (in degrees) to use for the back and forth tracks (i.e. not the headlands). It seems that I can tell it only to go N / S / W / E, depending on the starting corner. For oddly shaped fields it's sometimes inefficient to go in one of the cardinal directions, as the longest distance through the field may be different from one of the cardinal directions. Terrain inclination and turning space also sometimes require other directions.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

For that use "Start from current position". Then CP will calculate the best angle. See above post with pics of courses in Dowland farm.
MountainFarmer

Post by MountainFarmer »

Ok, that sounds like a good solution. I have other ideas: Courses can be renamed and altered. Sometimes I mess up my naming schemes <field>-<work-width>, <fillType-<origin>2<destination> and then I have to re-record the course or accept a messy course name. By course alteration I imagine something like flipping through the course point by point and being able to reposition them and edit attributes like speed. Sometimes I mess up while recording and take a corner too tightly. It's time consuming to re-record the whole course because of one turn, that has the AI run into a custom object (think of the garbage can that the map author conveniently put on the tightest intersection :) )

Thanks to the modders for an excellent job!
Hairy Bob

Post by Hairy Bob »

To rename a course, simple load the course, save it with the correct name and delete the typo.
Farming Kandelin and Pellworm on pc
MountainFarmer

Post by MountainFarmer »

Thanks, that will work for renaming courses.
IseOlen

Post by IseOlen »

For editing courses I once used jcource(?) - braked too late with a half-empty tipper so full tippers weren't able to make the turn. Wasn't too easy but sort of worked. If the speed is the only issue, it's probably easier to just take a note of the numbers of course points that are too fast and then edit the course with simple text editor.
It's a lot more problematic with Seasons - braking distances and cornering speeds on the snow are a lot slower (up to the point where my tractor wasn't able to pull the tipper uphill on the snow):P