FDR maps

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
TacoFarmer

FDR maps

Post by TacoFarmer »

If they had animals they'd be perfect.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
FordFarmer97

Re: FDR maps

Post by FordFarmer97 »

I agree
Tryin to make a 9700 Ford mod, one of these days
#LimeGreenPower
Playin on PC in Tennessee!
John 3:16: "For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten son, that whovever shall believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life"
Old Iron Best Iron.
PM me for a Discord link.
Farm-war

Post by Farm-war »

Excuse me, what is the point of this thread? As if they had animals would be perfect? excuse me
*thumbsup* *thumbsup* Hello, I am currently playing on a MSI gtx 1660 ti pc, AMD ryzen 5 3600, 16 gb ram 500 GB SSD :gamer: :gamer: :gamer:
novass

Post by novass »

I don't agree..perfect?...nothing is.I enjoy playing FDR's maps.I don't need animals.It would be nice..but is ok it there not on the map.I would rather be able to buy manure/slurry for fruit trees and greenhouses.take care all..Chris
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

novass wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 am I don't agree..perfect?...nothing is.I enjoy playing FDR's maps.I don't need animals.It would be nice..but is ok it there not on the map.I would rather be able to buy manure/slurry for fruit trees and greenhouses.take care all..Chris
Ok almost perfect!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

novass

Post by novass »

TacoFarmer wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:43 pm
novass wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:09 am I don't agree..perfect?...nothing is.I enjoy playing FDR's maps.I don't need animals.It would be nice..but is ok it there not on the map.I would rather be able to buy manure/slurry for fruit trees and greenhouses.take care all..Chris
Ok almost perfect!!
[So true Taco
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Since FDR went private with his mods I've stopped working on them.

However this motivates me to work on a map of my own that I've had in mind for a while now.

Still going to be a little while but I think I'm going to start in on it.

My question here is...for primarily a forestry map what features do ye the players want? Biogas/Animals/Barn/Factory? I would assume more spread out than just a fixed area at the mill. I would like to see a fully functioning mill myself that produces pallets but that would kill a console version unfortunately because of scripting.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
novass

Post by novass »

I don't know other then yes animals would be nice add and make it where really farming could be done..once trees were cut down.
I was able to do pretty much what I wanted on his maps.the big problem for me was on smokey mountain.you cut diwn trees,but the land left was so hilly/rough that you couldn't get equipment to function well or at all..but like smokey alot and Pacific inlet the best.I don't know why he changed to private. ,but his choice. .good luck on your map,I hope it works for ya.take care.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

I like the terrain on smokey mountain and emerald they remind me of the terrain we log here in wv. As for ideas to a new map, how about splitting the map into 1/3 town and sell points including sawmill. Think of gcv with the main 4 lane as a divider so to speak. Use the lower part for the town and sell points, animals and a couple stock feilds to start with. The on the upper side have for forestry and also so fields can be created. Throw in a few country black top roads and back roads on the upper side also. I used gcv as an example.
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

I love the logging maps! I would like to see something that had the mixed terrain of Old Smokey and Pacific Inlet, with some gravel and paved roads leading to the sell points on the opposite side of the map. I love hilly roads and narrow passes. Very small mountain style town. Basically add some life but not a whole lot of unneeded clutter. The trees need to stay the same load-in style that Old Smokey and Pacific Inlet have for good performance. A log pond or open area on the ground would be nice for unloading full length trees with the BSM log trailer.
I personally don't want any animal farms or BGA sell points on a "logging" map as there are tons of other maps to play if that is what you want to do.
PS4 Farmer
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

@mcatalyst quick question and idk if you would know, what is keeping (or has kept) the winter logging map from coming out of beta. If I remember correctly, was that yalls first map on mod hub? I could be completely wrong though.
Legion Hills Logging on PC
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

@Kruelkamo The Artic Logging map was the last attempted one. The issue is the ice. Every attempt to make that work so it doesn't turn black on consoles has failed. Not sure what else can be done. On PC it works without the specular applied so that is where it stands for now. As soon as that is applied it goes black at certain angles on the PC and completely black at all times on the console. No idea why.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Ahh I see. That’s interesting. One last thing and I’m pretty sure I read it somewhere, I just want to confirm that you guys have stopped trying to push mods for consoles? I’m like 90% sure I read that somewhere. But if you could confirm that would be awesome. Thanks for the reply btw
Legion Hills Logging on PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

mcatalyst wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:53 am Since FDR went private with his mods I've stopped working on them.

However this motivates me to work on a map of my own that I've had in mind for a while now.

Still going to be a little while but I think I'm going to start in on it.

My question here is...for primarily a forestry map what features do ye the players want? Biogas/Animals/Barn/Factory? I would assume more spread out than just a fixed area at the mill. I would like to see a fully functioning mill myself that produces pallets but that would kill a console version unfortunately because of scripting.
Id like something along WestBridge or GCV with less useless buildings and all the fields are over run and have to be cleared off.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Guil

Post by Guil »

Soms2 is realesing a map like that with no starting vehicles except maybe a pickup.