Can I Use Mods with the PC Steam Version?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Poppyfarmaston

Can I Use Mods with the PC Steam Version?

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Completely Newbie - Just a few questions regarding the use of Mods in the PC version of the Game - Specifically the Steam Version.

1. Are Mods used through Steam's Work Shop DLC content menu?

2. Do Mods Significantly Impact PC / Hardware Resources?

3. Do mods affect Multiplayer Mode?

... and lastly - perhaps no big deal:

4. Would it be easier to learn the game first before installing mods?

TY for your time. *thumbsup*
Dogface

Re: Can I Use Mods with the PC Steam Version?

Post by Dogface »

1 no, there is a "MobHub" in the game. click on "mods" in the main menu
2 not usually, depends on mod
3 I dont MP, but some mods work on MP and some dont
4 easier, no. But I played for a while with the stock tools just to get a feel for how the game plays. it is up to you
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Ty
MountainFarmer

Post by MountainFarmer »

Check out Ian Robson, Datalund and Arthur Chapman on youtube. Their tutorials cover pretty much everything, including the more complex mods (Courseplay, AI Helper, Seasons).
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Smith Modding

Post by Smith Modding »

And of course, if you have more questions just ask. But really, unless you download seasons, most mods won't impact the game very much.
Smith Modding Co.
Christian Based Modding
Isaiah 30:23- He will also send you rain for the seed you sow in the ground, and the food that comes from the land will be rich and plentiful. In that day your cattle will graze in broad meadows.:
Playing FS15-19 on PC
Playing too much FS19 :mrgreen:
Specs-
i5-7300HQ|NVIDIA GTX 1050ti|16GB DDR4 RAM|1TB/500GB SSD/256GB M.2|Windows 10
Poppyfarmaston

Post by Poppyfarmaston »

Thanks Guys. I intend to play multiplayer so will look into what Multiplayer Mods work on Steam and also what ones work on Xbox for when I purchase that console early 2018. I really wish we could cross platform hey. :(

For now I will learn the standard version of the game but feel given how I am taking to this game ... that I will no doubt being using some form of mods before I know it.

Thx again guys.
Slivicon

Post by Slivicon »

I would recommend playing at least the tutorials and maybe a little bit of the game with no mods at all if you are just starting. This way, you get a feel for how the game should look and operate. Then you can look into mods and it will be easier for you to tell if the mods you are using have caused some problems with the game or if it is the game itself. A huge amount of the problems people have are because of mods, so it's better imo to get a feel for how the game should play without any mods first, then you can compare as you add mods. Mods don't care if you play on steam or not (I use steam) - there is no workshop support, you go through modhub in game or download off the web and install manually. I'd recommend only getting mods from the official mod hub in game to start with - going on the web for mods can get you more variety, but also can get you some buggy mods that will break your game.