Locating all texture files (PC)

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
LostManAbroad

Locating all texture files (PC)

Post by LostManAbroad »

So I found a map I like but all the signs in the map are in Spanish. So I decided to change them all in Gimp. I unpacked the zip file for the map and I opened each texture file containing Spanish writing and altered them. Once I was finished I went back into the game and noticed that there were a bunch of street signs that were not with the texture files I had altered and they all remained in Spanish.

I went back into the folder with the unpacked map and I carefully browsed through every single file contained within it and all the sub-folders. They simply do not exist so how are they in the map. I cannot figure out where they would be. Does anyone understand map creation well enough to help me figure out where all the textures I am looking for could be hidden? They have to be there somewhere, I mean they appear in the game when I load the map so there has to be corresponding files.
Dogface

Re: Locating all texture files (PC)

Post by Dogface »

If you are familiar with GE you could export the sign, with files. Then check the path to the texture.
LostManAbroad

Re: Locating all texture files (PC)

Post by LostManAbroad »

I'll have to try this as I simply cannot locate the textures for a lot of the signs.