FDR Map Updates.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
TacoFarmer

Re: FDR Map Updates.

Post by TacoFarmer »

MPosp wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:25 pm Pacific Inlet Logging is a wildlife. The player's task is to conquer the wilderness and fertilize it.
Mr. MC did not understand the original idea of FDR. Now there are cows, asphalt roads and other things that are on hundreds of other maps. Why is it creating another of many and destroying the original? Why?
OK - if you do not mind my disapproval, let me just praise you. I just gave my opinion. Honestly. I do not want cows or bridges in the wilderness.
If youre gonna fertilize the wilderness,why not fertilize it with cow sh!t eh?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
MPosp

Post by MPosp »

Fertilize = Reclaim ... create fields. Sorry, Google translator is inaccurate.
Cows = cowshed, trade with animals = Too many large buildings on the wilderness.
I apologize for English, I use Google Translator. Some terms may be garbled or inaccurate.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

@everybody The long bridge probably isn't going to stay. The point of that bridge was to keep the road off of the flat land below. With the braces it just interferes more so that will change to a dirt road that can be plowed out.

@MPosp Everybody has their own opinion, that is alright by me. The new update is going to be better for you from everything you have described in your opinion so far.

#1 Bridges: There is already a bridge in the map. I could take that out but then you wouldn't be able to get to the other side of the river easily so that is going to stay.

#2 Farming: You hate farming aspect of things...This is being address from the current version to this update by moving all the farm buildings out of the mill. Now you can completely ignore all aspects of farming. Even though cows are being added it doesn't matter. You don't have to see them or deal with them in anything you want to do.

#3 Roads: I went with a gravel road, not a paved road for that exact reason. I agree, asphalt would not look good in this environment. All log tracks I've been to have gravel roads to let the trucks make good time back to the main highway to get to the mill. In this case there isn't a main paved highway.
* The gravel roads tend to get dirty over time so they look like dirt from all the rain and mud. So just pretend its fresh gravel all the time since that capability isn't in the game other than tire tracks from the vehicles.
* The side roads are the dirt tracks. As vehicles go through unpacked gravel roads they made tracks. This is a realism update in this case. The ground is never flat dirt all the time.

#4 FDR's original idea: As I am a part of the FDR Logging Team I do understand the original idea. The updates since the original are to make the map more well rounded so all players would have an interest in the map itself. The original intent of the map is to target the hardcore loggers. The target has shifted to the hardcore loggers and farmers. I agree that the farmers are crazy for taking on this challenge of clearing land and making their own fields but at the same time I admire that.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

@Mposp. Dude... take a walk. Please don’t comment disrespectful things to a modder that has a relatively small community built around his mods. Logging on console is nowhere near as fun on PC but as console players, we HAVE to be respectful for the people putting in the extra work for us no matter how much we don’t like what they do. People like you are what make modders stop doing what they do. You might want to practice the rule that most of us learn in first grade. If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say it all. Honestly I probably take comments like yours just as personal as @mcatalyst because I completely support what the FDR team does and what mcatalyst does and I don’t even have a PC so I can’t enjoy all of the FDR mods to the fullest. So please, do not follow the FDR team and mcatalyst’s work and go support the other guys modding logging maps.... wait what there’s no others?? Aw man. Welp looks like you’re modding for your own favorite logging map..... lol
Legion Hills Logging on PC
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Removed farm bridge since the braces were getting in the way, this way the road can be plowed over.

TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

This is going to be good. You gonna do just the truck and chainsaw as starting equipment on this one?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:07 pm This is going to be good. You gonna do just the truck and chainsaw as starting equipment on this one?
Yep
MPosp

Post by MPosp »

I apologize for my views. I'm not 15 or 30 years old. I probably have else look at gameplay and fun. When I see a cowshed in the picture here, I immediately issues : The path is too steep! Nothing is going up with MR. And how do they turn silage (or livestock) trailer? Cowshed on the hill? This is to be in the middle of pastures! Etc. etc. :confusednew:
Yes you are right. It's your (FDR Team's) map. Modify it for consoles, put everything there, and they'll be happy. I will not play it. I lost my motivation. The story has disappeared from the map, it will be just one of many. I wanted to help him stay. :frown:
But that's life. One story loses, but another gets it. All right. *thumbsup*
I go for a walk. At Crawford Farms, this is a beautiful map of Canada where animals are. But that's another story ... :coolnew:
I apologize for English, I use Google Translator. Some terms may be garbled or inaccurate.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Ok... see ya! I’m sure that we will be completely fine without your cancerous comments in the future. I also look forward to seeing your logging map available for consoles out in the next few weeks since you like bash people for doing what they do for FREE so that everybody else can enjoy them. Thanks for your VALUABLE “contributions”. Also you don’t understand that Pacific Inlet is undoubtedly the best map that the FDR team has made and if @mcatalyst has asked the people in this thread( who probably play the map) what they wanted to see, I say mcatalyst is one of the greatest modders out there because he went straight to the source to find out what people wanted. And he did just that and the people spoke. I’m sorry my friend but you got outruled.
Legion Hills Logging on PC
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

mcatalyst wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:14 pm
TacoFarmer wrote: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:07 pm This is going to be good. You gonna do just the truck and chainsaw as starting equipment on this one?
Yep
Awesome. Can't wait.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

ClassicTractors

Post by ClassicTractors »

^^ That'll be interesting. Kind of sounds like the abandoned forest from the fs-uk mod contest. You start out with a truck and implements, but no tractor. About half of the fields are covered in trees so you need to clear them first, but you don't own any of them. It makes for a challenging start.
CT Modding: Bringing the past to Farming Simulator....one machine at a time.

There's bound to be rough waters
And I know I'll take some falls
But with the good Lord as my captain
I can make it through them all

- Garth Brooks
Dfarmer36

Post by Dfarmer36 »

https://youtu.be/iNYvN99Wab4 FDR new preview video
Dairy farmer by day Xbox/pc user by night
Battousaid1

Post by Battousaid1 »

Can always do a cutblock by have dirt roads going around the cutblock like on the valley of the old farm I cut everything to the one side of the dirt roads
Ps4 player
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

I'm curious what you guys think about marked trees that cannot be cut so you have to follow the line. I know one way to do this is by making the trees extra large because the cut nodes on the big machines and chainsaws are limited.
Battousaid1

Post by Battousaid1 »

That be fine with me would also give reference to where to replant the trees as well
Ps4 player