FDR Map Updates.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mcatalyst

Re: FDR Map Updates.

Post by mcatalyst »

I saw one video tonight of serious multiplayer lag like vehicles stopping but the attachment head kept moving. They happen to be on Artic Logging. Are there any others having the same issue with default vehicles, no other mods active?
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

@mcatalyst so when I tried it out I was running around in the pickup and I thought to myself, well the pickup is one of the faster vehicles so it must be just having trouble rendering in so many trees so quickly but I mean I used a tractor it was still pretty bad. It seemed like it was when I was looking at certain area sometimes. I can remember thinking to myself on the road between landings 3 and 4 it got really bad. Like frames were reaching single digits lol
Legion Hills Logging on PC
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

But my post is irrelevant to your question mcatalyst, I have a good bit of mods activated but nothing bought yet on the map when I was just checking everything out
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

MPosp wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:48 am
mcatalyst wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:49 pm The mill is getting a make over from the preview video I posted.The main sawmill building will be a modified Sagewerk building. However for it to be console compatible it will not have the automation/mechanics of it changing wood into planks. It will just be a straight wood/chip sell point.
I'm sorry, I use Google translator and sometimes the translation is not accurate. The buildings on the map are there, no more. Certainly not animals. If a building is missing, I will add it to myself as placeable. (sawmill, presswerk etc.) *thumbsup*
TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:33 pm Why doesnt Smokey,Pacific or Emerald need greenhouses? They have land to farm.Whats wrong with greenhouses?
I understand the map as a simulation of logging somewhere in Canada. I play it quite differently than other maps. I use wood and process it in placeable buildings. Agriculture is marginal, greenhouses unnecessary. Axemen grow tomatoes? :confusednew: :mrgreen:
We dont have axes
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Kruelkamo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:19 am @mcatalyst so when I tried it out I was running around in the pickup and I thought to myself, well the pickup is one of the faster vehicles so it must be just having trouble rendering in so many trees so quickly but I mean I used a tractor it was still pretty bad. It seemed like it was when I was looking at certain area sometimes. I can remember thinking to myself on the road between landings 3 and 4 it got really bad. Like frames were reaching single digits lol
I'll see if I can make some performance adjustments. Hard for me to tell where the spikes are with a 980Ti video card.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

So (disclaimer) I don’t have a clue about modding or map making lol but if i had to take a random stab at the issue just by looking at the change log, the “increased distance before they blur” could be a possible “thing”. That’s kinda the only thing I can see compared to the other maps. Cause it’s significantly smaller than the other ones yet it’s patchy with frames where as the other ones really only get frame issues when there’s a good bit of logs cut down in the same area and they’re all touching. Like I said I’m an *$#%§* when it comes to that kind of stuff but I’m just trying to help cause I love what you’re doing and how much work you’ve put into getting these maps on console for us lol
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Kruelkamo wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:59 pm So (disclaimer) I don’t have a clue about modding or map making lol but if i had to take a random stab at the issue just by looking at the change log, the “increased distance before they blur” could be a possible “thing”. That’s kinda the only thing I can see compared to the other maps. Cause it’s significantly smaller than the other ones yet it’s patchy with frames where as the other ones really only get frame issues when there’s a good bit of logs cut down in the same area and they’re all touching. Like I said I’m an *$#%§* when it comes to that kind of stuff but I’m just trying to help cause I love what you’re doing and how much work you’ve put into getting these maps on console for us lol
That change wasn't enough to make a difference on this particular map. This morning I found a few places where it dropped down from 100 to 40 in a few places for me. Anything below 80 in comparison to other cards is probably bad so I'll take a look around tonight and see what might be causing it. Also going to look into the texture of the distance trees see if I can make those any better. I don't like how blotchy they get.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Oh ok. Well nevertheless thank you so much for your continued efforts with the maps. It really means a lot to me in particular but I suppose all console loggers lol.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

I found and fixed the performance issue. Along the same lines I also fixed all the tree textures. Now the trees should be more defined, especially in the LOD textures (far distance).

These fixes will be in 5.3.0.0.
FusionAudio

Post by FusionAudio »

Kruelkamo wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:43 pm Good job @mcatalyst! I like the crane. I wish more maps utilized the crane but nevertheless you’re doing great man. I really appreciate the work you put in for us console players! Keep up the great work!
I agree..need a buy point for solid manure.I don't know if you do that or if its another modder that makes those mods..like the placeable for slurry mod..thank you mcatalyst for all your work on these updates.
FusionAudio

Post by FusionAudio »

Another wonder..,can you, the map creator. fence off the trees with differnt land lots. one you own.maybe a key to a lock for the tree lot you own.then when you get money from wood sales and saving/or a loan from the bank you can buy another lot.it confusing. .do you own all land that that the trees are on?.I just think if we buy land for farming why nit the land trees are on..just a thought.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

@mcatalyst that’s good news man. Glad to hear you found the problem. Im kinda glad it wasn’t just my old console being held back lol. I’m sure the one x probably could’ve performed just fine but like you said your computer dropped some frames significantly in some areas so who knows. Once again thank ya buddy. Also a question for you and it might not be the right area, but I know you said you had thought about venturing out and making a map of your own. If you’re still working on that or working toward that, how’s that going for you?
MPosp

Post by MPosp »

FusionAudio wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:45 am I agree..need a buy point for solid manure.I don't know if you do that or if its another modder that makes those mods..like the placeable for slurry mod..thank you mcatalyst for all your work on these updates.
This mode has been in the game for a long time ...

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2017
I apologize for English, I use Google Translator. Some terms may be garbled or inaccurate.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Kruelkamo wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:29 am @mcatalyst that’s good news man. Glad to hear you found the problem. Im kinda glad it wasn’t just my old console being held back lol. I’m sure the one x probably could’ve performed just fine but like you said your computer dropped some frames significantly in some areas so who knows. Once again thank ya buddy. Also a question for you and it might not be the right area, but I know you said you had thought about venturing out and making a map of your own. If you’re still working on that or working toward that, how’s that going for you?
I'm probably going to start on my map after I get Seasons added to the existing maps.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

That’s awesome dude. Well I look forward to seeing it and good luck to ya. Also a side not, I really like FDR’s new map (June Mountain?) I’m not sure if that’s it or not but the one that basically runs up and down the mountain side. I watched his video on him kinda showing it off recently and it looks beautiful. Y’all both do a great job on the maps. If I’m correct I think you’re the “Chad”he refers to a lot in his videos and if so, he’s always talking about how you did this and did that. Lol. Props to you and FDR man. Y’all do a fantastic job and couldn’t thank y’all enough for the hard work that both of you guys put in.