FDR Map Updates.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BobcatLogger

Re: FDR Map Updates.

Post by BobcatLogger »

I like the mountain terrain myself, its the same type of terrain around home. I haven't seen anything on jade, I'll have to look it up on fdr's YouTube.
With your map, I take it you are going to incorporate alot of different types of logging? I mean like flat, mountain, and swamp.
As for the addition of animals to the maps we have, it doesn't matter to me ether way but would be welcome. I rarely farm but it does make it nice to have that option.
MPosp

Post by MPosp »

@Kruelkamo
Like you, I wrote my opinion.
I like the map in its current form, without animals. This makes it extraordinary, every other map has animals. For me, it's a challenge, I'm looking for difficult maps.
This is my opinion.
I've attempted to influence the map edits. Same as you.
Nothing more. :hi: *thumbsup*
I apologize for English, I use Google Translator. Some terms may be garbled or inaccurate.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

MPosp wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:07 am @Kruelkamo
Like you, I wrote my opinion.
I like the map in its current form, without animals. This makes it extraordinary, every other map has animals. For me, it's a challenge, I'm looking for difficult maps.
This is my opinion.
I've attempted to influence the map edits. Same as you.
Nothing more. :hi: *thumbsup*
If your looking for a good logging challenge I would recommend Artic Logging with the combo of Seasons, GEO Snow and Realism mods. That combination will add a ton of snow (year round after it snows) and you won't be able to make it up some hills with the in-game trucks (because of Realism) then the ice is slippery as well (Seasons). If you stop on the ice with the personal truck and then floor it you will just spin the tires.

The map by itself is nothing much to look at in my opinion but the snow from Seasons along with the Geo makes a world of difference.

I'm still working on a performance update but the current one on modhub is playable in single player at the moment with a little frame drop.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
MPosp

Post by MPosp »

mcatalyst wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:04 pm If your looking for a good logging challenge I would recommend Artic Logging with the combo of Seasons, GEO Snow and Realism mods ...
I always play with Seasons, MoreRealistic and hard difficulty. Then I sell the technique, I delete my money and start with a small tractor and a big debt.
Thank you for the tip. Arctic logging does not suit me.

Pacific Inlet I chose from all FDR maps as the only one that interests me. Fight the land for the farmer. I introduced the harsh life of woodcocks in Canada. I have found many placeable woodworking objects. I started modestly with Sweden GEO.

I played 2 seasons, about 100 hours. I already have modern technology and I cultivate 5 hectares of land.

I have woodworking companies: sawmill (from ModHub), presswerk (by Marcus), palettenwerk, kartonfabrik and holzkohlewerk (Svapa Agro).
I cut the work and wait for the update.
I apologize for English, I use Google Translator. Some terms may be garbled or inaccurate.
Battousaid1

Post by Battousaid1 »

Love the logging maps just wish we had some more logging equipment and logging placeables on consoles not much to do with the wood when it’s cut and to have a actual skidder would be nice. Wish Sony and Microsoft would allow the sawmill mod for us but keep up the good work man and on pacific inlet I can pick up 8meter logs by hand on ps4
Ps4 player
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Battousaid1 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:47 pm Love the logging maps just wish we had some more logging equipment and logging placeables on consoles not much to do with the wood when it’s cut and to have a actual skidder would be nice. Wish Sony and Microsoft would allow the sawmill mod for us but keep up the good work man and on pacific inlet I can pick up 8meter logs by hand on ps4
Log weights are changing back to the original in the new version so it will be closer to 3-4ft logs that you can pick up by hand. Anything beyond that depending on the radius will get the log is too heavy message.
Battousaid1

Post by Battousaid1 »

Ok thanks for the info I was laughing while I was loading the logs on to a trailer by hand
Ps4 player
Battousaid1

Post by Battousaid1 »

I have a question for you mcatalyst would it be hard to make a log skidder or a buck saw for consoles?
Ps4 player
KavanaghFarms19

Post by KavanaghFarms19 »

Battousaid1 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:39 pm I have a question for you mcatalyst would it be hard to make a log skidder or a buck saw for consoles?
i had asked mcatalyst the same thing, i also play on console(xbox1) and i have been looking into possibly making my own. the only problem that i am waiting to hear back from GIANTS is that i cannot build a modded vehicle without a brand name attached to it. If its modeled after a "certain" machine than it becomes an issue. The limitations on consoles is heartbreaking...I even asked them to possibly put a forestry pack together and even make it a paid DLC for consoles and they( GIANTS) flat out said no lol
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Battousaid1 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:39 pm I have a question for you mcatalyst would it be hard to make a log skidder or a buck saw for consoles?
I have no modding experience with modding machines so I am unable to say if it would be hard or not. I just know the restrictions on consoles makes it very hard to get something like those machines over to console.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

i had asked mcatalyst the same thing, i also play on console(xbox1) and i have been looking into possibly making my own. the only problem that i am waiting to hear back from GIANTS is that i cannot build a modded vehicle without a brand name attached to it. If its modeled after a "certain" machine than it becomes an issue. The limitations on consoles is heartbreaking...I even asked them to possibly put a forestry pack together and even make it a paid DLC for consoles and they( GIANTS) flat out said no lol
[/quote]

For clarification...

You can not build a vehicle WITH a real brand name like CAT or John Deer but you can have a fantasy brand name like BSM does.

You can not build a vehicle that uses the same model as an existing Giants machine.
KavanaghFarms19

Post by KavanaghFarms19 »

mcatalyst wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:29 pm i had asked mcatalyst the same thing, i also play on console(xbox1) and i have been looking into possibly making my own. the only problem that i am waiting to hear back from GIANTS is that i cannot build a modded vehicle without a brand name attached to it. If its modeled after a "certain" machine than it becomes an issue. The limitations on consoles is heartbreaking...I even asked them to possibly put a forestry pack together and even make it a paid DLC for consoles and they( GIANTS) flat out said no lol
For clarification...

You can not build a vehicle WITH a real brand name like CAT or John Deer but you can have a fantasy brand name like BSM does.

You can not build a vehicle that uses the same model as an existing Giants machine.
[/quote]

So like FDR has his logo and a basic name on his equipment? That’s how he’s able to get around it?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

The real companies only care about their logo being on stuff. The model of the vehicle doesn't matter as far as their copyright. The model issue is just Giants wanting to make sure players are not confused on who made the model or they paid/created it from scratch and feel like they own it. Not positive which though.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

I've wondered if something like rambow145's slasher could be made for consoles. Its a stand alone machine if I remember correctly.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

I'm going to be making a new Preview video soon for Pacific Inlet. My question for you guys is in that video should I mentioned the bad news first or show off all the new stuff then mention the bad news? :)