FDR Map Updates.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mcatalyst

FDR Map Updates.

Post by mcatalyst »

I decided to update all the maps so the tree physics & weights are the same as Goldcrest. The updates should be available in the next couple weeks.

The tree changes will not effect your save game so you will not loose any progress as far as I can tell.

Smokey Mountain PDA will show the whole map once that is ready.

Attempting to push Artic Logging to console again. No promises there. Found a few things I could try for it though.

I decided I'll continue maintaining the existing maps for the console players. If anybody finds any errors please let me know.

Thanks all! :)
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
TacoFarmer

Re: FDR Map Updates.

Post by TacoFarmer »

Thank you!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Thank you so much dude. That’s awesome to hear! I know you were thinking about venturing out on your own a little bit with a map made by you. I wish you good luck on that bud and it’s great to hear an update on the existing maps.
Legion Hills Logging on PC
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Will you be fixing the trees on emerald valley so the trees get completely delimbed? When using the scorpion king some of the branches stay on the trees. Will you be making the maps seasons ready as well?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

I think the delimbing issue on EV is the size of the trees glitching with the scorpion king. Other than changing the tree size I'm not sure what else can be done on that but I'll look into it some more. Can you post a picture of the trees that don't delimb correctly? It could be a certain type of tree that may need to be removed.

I may add a more flat area over by the big lake to make EV more DIY farming friendly.

Once I get more familiar with the seasons mod I'll get that setup. The two main things I know about right now that need to be added is the snow mask, storage buildings and multi-seasonal trees but I havn't figured out how to do the tree thing yet.

Planning to add animals at some point to Pacific Inlet, Emerald Valley and Smokey Mountain. Also a biogas plant for Smokey Mountain.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Sounds awesome!!
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Thats great, I'll see if I can get you a pic of the trees. I really like ev, would love to see it expanded to the size of Pacific.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Going to be a little longer than expected. I have the tree weights ready to go but working on seasons winter compatibility.

Working on the snowMask where needed, frozen water you can drive on and snowy trees for all the maps.

Not planning any other seasons though. Winter is the biggest change so just focusing on that for now.

Also (if Giants will allow it) the new versions of the map will only start with a Chainsaw and a pickup.
Last edited by mcatalyst on Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

At the same time I'm trying to get the Artic Logging map to consoles which will not need seasons compatibility as everything is always snowy anyway.
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

I love the idea of only starting with a saw and truck. If its allowed how will the loan work? With only having a saw and truck I would think you could set the loan amount to just say 50k. That would allow move room in the loan area for equipment. I seen that the maps are in testing, did you add the area on ev that you talked about? I attempted to get a screen shot of the trees that wouldn't delimb but haven't had the problem now, possible got fixed with the game update. Have noticed some changes in the game I'm not much of a fan of.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Probably not going to change the loan information because even on hard mode its really easy to pay that down. The leases are what you have to worry about because of operating hours. Kills ya if your not careful. i.e. Don't fast forward time while a vehicle is running.

Max Loan for all modes: -$300,000

Easy Mode: Balance: $25,000 Loan: -$50,000 Max loan starting balance: $275,000.
Normal Mode: Balance: $20,000 Loan: -$75,000 Max loan starting balance: $245,000.
Hard Mode: Balance: $15,000 Loan -$100,000 Max loan starting balance: $215,000.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Only a truck and chainsaw sounds like an awesome idea.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

I've never really given the logging maps much of a glance on console all because of no animals. I'll definitely play when animals are added.

And yes, the saw and truck start sounds like an awesome idea.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime
eric21

Post by eric21 »

That's because it's aimed at logging?
Psychohate

Post by Psychohate »

Yeah I know the main purpose is for logging but eventually I would plant some fields and would want some animals to keep up with too.
New farmer mode always
Xbox Series x/..... Being kind don't cost a dime