FDR Map Updates.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Kruelkamo

Re: FDR Map Updates.

Post by Kruelkamo »

@mcatalyst yeah dude I like that idea. Only thing would be nice is if we could cut it with a chainsaw if we wanted to get them out and just chip or cut into lengths to fit a log trailer. But yeah I’m down with the idea
Legion Hills Logging on PC
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

I agree with Kruelkamo, being able to cut with a chainsaw would but really nice but ether way is fine by me. Would the bsm grinders work to remove the trees?
Curly484

Post by Curly484 »

Curly484 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:48 pm Shame you couldn't just upload a update with just new lumber mill with crane and snow mask. Then the full update with animals and other stuff.

I still think my idea would be good. If it's aloud. Be easy too
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:35 am I agree with Kruelkamo, being able to cut with a chainsaw would but really nice but ether way is fine by me. Would the bsm grinders work to remove the trees?
Technically the cut node would be inside the radius of the tree which stops most tools/machines to be able to activate it. I'm not sure if the grinder would be able to get past the outer tree barrier to trigger the stump grinding atm.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
TurboFarmer

Post by TurboFarmer »

mcatalyst wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:12 am I'm curious what you guys think about marked trees that cannot be cut so you have to follow the line. I know one way to do this is by making the trees extra large because the cut nodes on the big machines and chainsaws are limited.
Honestly I don't really like that idea. I would prefer to be able to cut all of the trees.

I think this idea would be better...
Battousaid1 wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:55 pm Can always do a cutblock by have dirt roads going around the cutblock like on the valley of the old farm I cut everything to the one side of the dirt roads
PS4 Farmer
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Using roads to split the cut block could work nice. Do away with the landings and allow the player to create their own landings to fit each block. That could add a little realism to the logging end of things.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Curly484 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:46 am
Curly484 wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:48 pm Shame you couldn't just upload a update with just new lumber mill with crane and snow mask. Then the full update with animals and other stuff.

I still think my idea would be good. If it's aloud. Be easy too
There has been too much work put into the new update already to go backwards. The next update is going to be the last update so I'm not doing a partial.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

McClung wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:03 pm Using roads to split the cut block could work nice. Do away with the landings and allow the player to create their own landings to fit each block. That could add a little realism to the logging end of things.
Cut blocks are probably not going to happen on the existing maps at this point. The no landing thing isn't either. The majority of the people are too use to set points on the map. The closest one like that idea is Bramble Marshland where that doesn't have roads and mostly a flat map however I have not been able to get around to converting that map yet.
Last edited by mcatalyst on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
FusionAudio

Post by FusionAudio »

Thank you mcatalyat for all your hard work..lookin good can't wait.
Battousaid1

Post by Battousaid1 »

I can’t wait either it’s gonna be great when it’s done
Ps4 player
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Just in case you guys are curious about FDR Logging plans for console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCoAV52J4C4
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

mcatalyst wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:13 pm Just in case you guys are curious about FDR Logging plans for console.

To yalls thoughts on the AI not working just right on your maps. On Smokey and Pacific the AI did almost as good as they do on GCV.They had their hiccups but nothing major. Did I hear right that Pacific is going to be on 19 if at all possible ???!! Awesome!!! Thanks.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.
WestBridge Hills-EL Bubbling FartZ Rancho Edition

You cant polish a turd ......but you can paint it GREEN and YELLOW .
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

TacoFarmer wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:47 pm
mcatalyst wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:13 pm Just in case you guys are curious about FDR Logging plans for console.

To yalls thoughts on the AI not working just right on your maps. On Smokey and Pacific the AI did almost as good as they do on GCV.They had their hiccups but nothing major. Did I hear right that Pacific is going to be on 19 if at all possible ???!! Awesome!!! Thanks.
Thank you for the AI information. You are correct about the map moving to 19. Not sure what is all involved yet but if it is at all possible (which I seems like it will be with same additional work) then it will get there.
TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Thank you for taking the extra effort to bring these maps to console,and adding the farm stuff. The first farmers had to be loggers. I guarantee you their land didnt clear itself. I wish somebody would catch on to your idea and make a full blown diy farming map. Until then Im waiting on Pacific update. And cant wait to see the Pacific update preview video.
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.

TacoFarmer

Post by TacoFarmer »

Anything new?
PS4
Farm Happy My Friends.