FDR Map Updates.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BobcatLogger

Re: FDR Map Updates.

Post by BobcatLogger »

Well I would ask how bad is the bad news lol. I would probably start off with the good news if you want people to see what all has been done before you drop the bad news. Personally I'd like to hear the bad up front that way I get built back up if the "bad news" is something that I considered really that bad but that's just me.
Trace Smith

Post by Trace Smith »

McClung wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:27 am Well I would ask how bad is the bad news lol. I would probably start off with the good news if you want people to see what all has been done before you drop the bad news. Personally I'd like to hear the bad up front that way I get built back up if the "bad news" is something that I considered really that bad but that's just me.
I agree with McClung
PS4
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

It can’t be that bad. Only thing I’m thinking is that you added cows and some people didn’t want that. Lol
Legion Hills Logging on PC
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

Or maybe animals couldn't be added which wouldn't bother me ether. I do really like how the spawn area is more open for placeables now. Really liked the setup of the sawmill in the last video. I can't wait to see what all has been done to the map and what will be done to the other maps.
Battousaid1

Post by Battousaid1 »

I’ll take the bad news first then the good
Ps4 player
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

I'm probably going with the "bad news" and then all the good stuff. I'd rather know the issue up front to decided on updating or not myself.

I'm working on a new higher resolution PDA for all the changes and to make it look better. That will take me a few days with my timeframes. I have to take zoomed in pictures then merged them all together.

Once that is complete I'll put together the preview video to show the layouts and all the visual changes and then go into my functionality & performance testing.

After my testing/fixes it gets pushed up to Giants and their testing for console.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

So are you saying we’re gonna need a new save game if we update?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Kruelkamo wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:19 am So are you saying we’re gonna need a new save game if we update?
Alright I'll spoil the suspense. Yes, that is the bad news. With all the ground changes and the tree manipulations the old save games have a lot of the trees respawn and the grass isn't in the correct places because the savegame uses it's own cache for the foilage layout.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

BUT! We do have a choice of updating. Lol. Me personally, I don’t mind it how it is right now however, it might be nice to just get a fresh start on a map I love lol. That’ll be a tough decision to update or not. But it’s all good @mcatalyst man, at least you’re working on the maps that have been released and trying to make them better. Some maps have been released and haven’t been touched since then. So thank you so much for the updates and trying to keep the ones who care in the loop. Also a quick question, what happened to Arctic Logging update? I saw it in the testing thread but surely an update can’t fail? Or can it?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

I'm planning to make this the last update to Pacific Inlet Logging. Its going to be a worthy one for sure though.

Change Log:
1) Seasons Compatibility added, autumn trees, winter frosted trees, frozen water.
2) Tree Marker supported on all green fir trees. Dead trees and the swamp trees are not supported by the mod. (PC Only)
3) Farm buildings moved away from the mill.
4) Cows Added at the new farm location. MOO!
5) New Mill layout with crane support.
6) Ramp at the lake is bigger for side tippers and larger machines (FDR machine unloading)
7) New biogas plant bunker layout. 3x 75% bunkers instead of 8x 50% bunkers
8) Grass added everywhere there is forest ground to give it a better look. (I didn't like how bare it was)
9) Trees dropped on top of the frozen water will not sell.
10) This is not really an intended feature...After the ice melts the trees will still be in the same position because they are non-active trees until another tree hits them. This makes them look like they are floating on top of the water in a way.
10) More high-res PDA map compared to the previous one.
11) There is now a vehicle shop icon and a cow icon on the pda map to be able to "Visit"
12) Distance objects have been reduced to 500ft for all buildings and 250ft for trees.
13) Detailed tree objects are set to 50ft because of performance issues.

If you have frame drops I recommend reducing the shadow detail.
Last edited by mcatalyst on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Looks good. I’ll tell ya something I really wish that tree marker mod would make it to console. I’m not sure I really understand how it’s a script keeping it away but nevertheless the update sounds awesome.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

The tree marker mod is almost all script. It takes the position of the tree you mark and replaces it with it's version of the tree with the red X texture. If you use the tree marker mod on frosted trees, the tree will be replaced and be green instead of frosted because it replaces everything instead of just the trunk texture. Really wish it would just do the trunk texture somehow because of that situation.
Kruelkamo

Post by Kruelkamo »

Oh ok I see
BobcatLogger

Post by BobcatLogger »

That's a big update, will we see the same type of updates to ev and smokey?
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

possibly, not sure yet. One map at a time.